Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Mike Vick Prison Stroy! -ENOUGH-

But yet, beating your wife is excuseable apparently. Did you know america imprisons more of it's own population than any other country in the world? It's true. I don't agree with the dog fighting but I think our justice system is rediculous the way it is.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    As the saying goes.

"Do crime if you got the 40 time"

Have so many mixed feelings about this whole Vick Dog Fighting thing anyways....I mean doesn't anyone think it's kind of Hypocritical to Nail Vick for Dog fight gambling when we have men (People) square off in ring for full contact fighting and allow betting on that. Don't get me wrong...I love dogs and agree it's different because the men/women are not fighting to the death here (Although in some countries they do)...and have some structure of rules... but to me brutal is brutal.

All over the world there is Cock Fighting...Bull Fighting....Dog Fighting...even People Fighting for Money/Betting.
    I don't see anybody over here running to these places and calling for prison sentences for any of the violators. They would get laughed at, have there Visa cancelled and sent home post hast from most countries where these traditions have flurished for years.

Yes we are the United States of America....supposedly more civilized, yet we are killing far more civilians and our own soldiers in foriegn lands than Vick and the Dog Fighting ever have. People fail to realize that Dog Fighting was the sport of Kings in the past. One of the reasons the Pit Bull breed came about was because of this Royal sport.

It is awful and there are laws against it here for good reasons I suppose...but I would have liked it better if Vick was given some other type of punishment besides a Prison sentence. Granted....if he would have come forward and admitted his involvement from the start....not lying about it...he probably would have gotten probation and community service of some kind along with the fines.

Anyway...I hope he has learned something from this and I do hope Michael can get himself back up and try to get back into the game again someday.

Cheers!
    Yes dog fighting, bull fighting & cock fighting are legal in other countries. I witnessed cock fighting first hand in the Philippines when I was there. Even betted on it. That is their culture though, their livelyhood & their laws.

Here in the United States it is illegal. That's the bottom line. Vick new it before he got involved in it, Vick new it while he was doing it & Vick still knows it. He violated the law & has to suffer the consequences.

Just because something is accepted in other countries, doesn't mean it should be legal here or punishment for those crimes should be lighter just because it is accepted in other cultures.

True we have boxing, but the opponents are wearing gloves & there are rules they abide by. It is far from a fight to the death.

What I found more inhumane was the the way they killed the puppies & dogs who did not make the grade moreso than the fighting itself.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes" wrote:
    Okay is it me or does ANYONE else believe Vick was sentenced the same day ATL played on Monday night?
    I'm just tried of this story Vick made some SERIOUS bad moves. But enough he is going to prison, and that is that, He wanted be a Hood and not a $uper$tar QB, he made his choice. It's sad but I ususally am soft on players but this Vick thing is over the top.

Just like Sean Taylor. ENOUGH!

Let's talk about NFL players that are ACTIVE and Playing. Not washed up bad guys going to prison.

The same goes for O.J.

ENOUGH already!!!!
    Admit it, you're jealous.
    You have man-love for Ron Mexico and now 'the boys' are getting a piece of him instead of you.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Here is something that I have been thinking about with all this coverage.

Why in the hell are the players wearing his number on their bodies and supporting him?
    Isn't he the one who conducted himself inappropraitely and his actions screwed his team?
    He was the team, he took up a huge amount of salary cap and they support him?
    That BS and personally I would hate the bastard.
    He is a piece of shit.
    All the people holding signs and wearing his jersey...wtf?

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:

Why in the hell are the players wearing his number on their bodies and supporting him?
    Isn't he the one who conducted himself inappropraitely and his actions screwed his team?
    He is a piece of shit.

Agree.
    After their first TD last night they lifted the jersey and showed a 'free Michael Vick' t-shirt underneath.
    I hope he enjoys his stay in the slammer and is singing the brown-eye blues.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:

He is a piece of pooh.

Agree.
    After their first TD last night they lifted the jersey and showed a 'free Michael Vick' t-shirt underneath.
    I hope he enjoys his stay in the slammer and is singing the brown-eye blues.
    I don't think I could wish that on anybody. Plus ron mexico might get somebody sick.
    Wait, if there's cat food in this bag............................
    I HAVE TO CHECK ON JOLLY!!!!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    As the saying goes.

Have so many mixed feelings about this whole Vick Dog Fighting thing anyways....I mean doesn't anyone think it's kind of Hypocritical to Nail Vick for Dog fight gambling when we have men (People) square off in ring for full contact fighting and allow betting on that. Don't get me wrong...I love dogs and agree it's different because the men/women are not fighting to the death here (Although in some countries they do)...and have some structure of rules... but to me brutal is brutal.

All over the world there is c**I love the word I used**k Fighting...Bull Fighting....Dog Fighting...even People Fighting for Money/Betting.
    I don't see anybody over here running to these places and calling for prison sentences for any of the violators. They would get laughed at, have there Visa cancelled and sent home post hast from most countries where these traditions have flurished for years.

Yes we are the United States of America....supposedly more civilized, yet we are killing far more civilians and our own soldiers in foriegn lands than Vick and the Dog Fighting ever have. People fail to realize that Dog Fighting was the sport of Kings in the past. One of the reasons the Pit Bull breed came about was because of this Royal sport.

It is awful and there are laws against it here for good reasons I suppose...but I would have liked it better if Vick was given some other type of punishment besides a Prison sentence. Granted....if he would have come forward and admitted his involvement from the start....not lying about it...he probably would have gotten probation and community service of some kind along with the fines.

Anyway...I hope he has learned something from this and I do hope Michael can get himself back up and try to get back into the game again someday.

Cheers!
    Yes dog fighting, bull fighting & c**I love the word I used**k fighting are legal in other countries. I witnessed c**I love the word I used**k fighting first hand in the Philippines when I was there. Even betted on it. That is their culture though, their livelyhood & their laws.

Here in the United States it is illegal. That's the bottom line. Vick new it before he got involved in it, Vick new it while he was doing it & Vick still knows it. He violated the law & has to suffer the consequences.

Just because something is accepted in other countries, doesn't mean it should be legal here or punishment for those crimes should be lighter just because it is accepted in other cultures.

True we have boxing, but the opponents are wearing gloves & there are rules they abide by. It is far from a fight to the death.
    What I found more inhumane was the the way they killed the puppies & dogs who did not make the grade moreso than the fighting itself.

And Fighters have never died in the Ring here in the states?? I tend to agree with your points here singersp but come on...the object and I believe draw of Boxing...Kick Boxing...or any professional full contact sport is the Violent rage and destruction it releases in the ring. Gloves and rules aside people (Not Animals) still take a chance on serious injury and or death. Anybody remember Max Bear...He killed two men and permanently turned one into a vegetable in front of sold out venues of men women and even kids during the 30s. Many people relish in the bloody sports and go to them for the thrill of seeing the blood...injuries....battle...etc. These events like Rooster fighting....Dog fighting...Bull fighting...even People fighting to the death have the same appeal to many. Add in the chance to make a buck by betting on the outcome, and you have a fine example of humanity at it's worst.

I'm not excusing Vicks actions here. He did break our laws concerning this but let's not be naive enough to think that what he did is anyway close to the atrosities happening in human suffering in this country and around the world. Where is the outrage...embargos...trade sanctions....against the human trafficing in Mexico...the girls sold into slavery and prostitution in Asia and Indonesia...the geneside waged in Africa...??? This stuff makes what Vick did look like a cake walk.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

vikesfargo is offline Asst. Coach

People can decide whether they want to enter a boxing or UFC ring. Dogs can't decide whether they want to enter a dogfighting ring. That's why boxing and UFC are legal and dogfighting is not.

How about horse fighting? Should that be legal? Would you like to have dog and horse fighting shown on TV in the US? What if we just skipped the animals fighting each other part and had a guy with a whip going after a tied-up dog or horse?

The bottom line is, in America we have a basic sense of decency. Freedom has a lot of leeway. Some things are just off-limits however. Other countries have animal fighting, and if people like that they can work to change the law or even apply for citizenship in another country.

If the guy who got 23 months was not a football player, would you really care? Michael Vick is an animal mutilator, a man who has exhibited a deeply cruel streak. It is abhorrent what Michael Vick has done. It is inhumane. For that he must be cast out of society and placed into prison. Fortunately we have mercy and Michael Vick will have another chance at freedom in 23 months. I sincerely hope he gets his act together and lives responsbily and humanely for the rest of his life. I would like nothing more than that.

Go Vikings!

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"FreakinVikingsBaby" wrote:
    But yet, beating your wife is excuseable apparently. Did you know america imprisons more of it's own population than any other country in the world? It's true. I don't agree with the dog fighting but I think our justice system is rediculous the way it is.
    My only problem is people spend more time protecting animals then humans. Battered women, abused children, and they are worried about is Fido going to make it.

I bet if you placed a homeless semi-mental person outside an animal resuce place people would complain instead of trying to help him.

I do NOT agree with the killing of animals just for killing or sport.

I understand it's okay in other countries. Those countries will probaly hang you for slapping a cow on the a$$. The point is people are ALL PETA PETA PETA and I'm like screw that help us stopping raising School - Mall shooting crazies. Put money into studying the Gulf War Syndrome, the list goes on and on.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "Vikes" wrote:
    As the saying goes.

All over the world there is c**I love the word I used**k Fighting...Bull Fighting....Dog Fighting...even People Fighting for Money/Betting.

Cheers!
    Yes dog fighting, bull fighting & c**I love the word I used**k fighting are legal in other countries. I witnessed c**I love the word I used**k fighting first hand in the Philippines when I was there. Even betted on it. That is their culture though, their livelyhood & their laws.

And Fighters have never died in the Ring here in the states?? I tend to agree with your points here singersp but come on...the object and I believe draw of Boxing...Kick Boxing...or any professional full contact sport is the Violent rage and destruction it releases in the ring. Gloves and rules aside people (Not Animals) still take a chance on serious injury and or death. Anybody remember Max Bear...He killed two men and permanently turned one into a vegetable in front of sold out venues of men women and even kids during the 30s. Many people relish in the bloody sports and go to them for the thrill of seeing the blood...injuries....battle...etc. These events like Rooster fighting....Dog fighting...Bull fighting...even People fighting to the death have the same appeal to many. Add in the chance to make a buck by betting on the outcome, and you have a fine example of humanity at it's worst.

I'm not excusing Vicks actions here. He did break our laws concerning this but let's not be naive enough to think that what he did is anyway close to the atrosities happening in human suffering in this country and around the world. Where is the outrage...embargos...trade sanctions....against the human trafficing in Mexico...the girls sold into slavery and prostitution in Asia and Indonesia...the geneside waged in Africa...??? This stuff makes what Vick did look like a cake walk.

Cheers!
    First, dog fighting is different than wrestling, boxing, kick boxing, and the UFC. Those competitors choose to do what they do and there are certain safety measures taking before, during, and after a fight. Dogs do not get the same luxury in a dog fight. They are trained to fight whether they like it or not, if they do not fight they are killed either by the owners or are left as "bait" for another dog who will fight. And animal on a fight does not get proper care a human fighter gets. Nobody stops a dog fight if it has gone to far, nobody withholds a dog from fighting if his previous fight left him injured, nobody gets proper medical attention to a dog after a fight.

Don't ever compare the two again, okay thanks.

Now second, obviously there are worse stuff in the world than Michael Vick dogfighting. But if I do wrong to someone, should I just say, "Hey at least its not as bad as genocide"? No. For every wrong, there is worse going on in the world, comparing dogfighting to something worse does not make dogfighting any less wrong. It is not logical nor is it a defense anyone in their right mind should argue.

Come up with an arguement that is not complete fallacy please.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast