Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Mike "The Playa" Vick

Last night, they did the little entertaining clips of the answer Mike Vick gave to question that he was asked in a casual setting. You know the kinda get to know ya type questions. The clips of them in street clothes in a studio lit setting with like a football in their hands, the questions that you are suppose to be able to relate to the player.

Well anyway, I only remember bits of it. He was watching clip of his play and talking about this move and that move that he really liked. Then he was talking about some fan once asked him to buy him a used car. Then the last answer he gave was this, "when dating 2 girls at once, the secret is having 2 cell phones" and he then proceeds to hold up both of his cell phones. It had to be a woman producer that snuk that one in there, showing the true Vick. These guys are not saints that is for sure. It is every team. This attitude is exactly what I was talking about last week. Players have a different mentality. I really couldn't believe he said that or more the fact that they put it on TV and didn't edit it out.

BTW, will someone explain the Ron Mexico nickname. I know I heard it before, but it escapes me now.

On a football note, here are Mike or Ron's stats against the Jets.

11 of 26 for 116 yards Passing
    9 rushes for 18 yards and 2 TDs Rushing
    3 INTs
    16.3 Rating

Del Rio Guest

Re: Mike "The Playa" Vick

The thing to try and remember is that for every one of those guys there are 10 stand up good family men in the NFL only they don't make headlines, they don't sell tickets, and they don't make the NFL more money. So they are in the background and very rarely do they get promoted.

Vick was going to some clinic to get treatment for his STD and he was using Ron Mexico to cover up his real idenity, so people wouldn't know he was diseased :shock:

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Vick sucks at football.. Worst QB starting right now.. Passingwise.. Lol Vick a playa.. That's funny.. He is spreading herpes more rapidly

"Del Rio" wrote:
    The thing to try and remember is that for every one of those guys there are 10 stand up good family men in the NFL only they don't make headlines, they don't sell tickets, and they don't make the NFL more money. So they are in the background and very rarely do they get promoted.
    That is what I was hoping someone would bring up.

Thank You DR!

Del Rio Guest

It's kind of sad really, that you don't get to see more about them. That's one of the reasons I am not a big fan of the NFL in general. I think local news usually does a better job in getting fans closer to the players.

Even local news likes to focus on negativity if it sells though. The Utah Jazz don't have much negative image as far as off the court antics and such and they are always doing in depth interviews with a lot of the blue collar quite players that make up the majority of the team. It definately makes the fan feel more in touch with the league and the team.

You show Mike Vick news about him getting herpies, glorify his man whoring and you are catering to a specific age group, a specific audience. That is cutting off the majority of people and players.

There are polar differences in everything. Those polarized lifestyles and opinions sale. The majority of people live in the middle and don't make much noise.

"Del Rio" wrote:
    It's kind of sad really, that you don't get to see more about them. That's one of the reasons I am not a big fan of the NFL in general. I think local news usually does a better job in getting fans closer to the players.

Even local news likes to focus on negativity if it sells though. The Utah Jazz don't have much negative image as far as off the court antics and such and they are always doing in depth interviews with a lot of the blue collar quite players that make up the majority of the team. It definately makes the fan feel more in touch with the league and the team.

You show Mike Vick news about him getting herpies, glorify his man whoring and you are catering to a specific age group, a specific audience. That is cutting off the majority of people and players.

There are polar differences in everything. Those polarized lifestyles and opinions sale. The majority of people live in the middle and don't make much noise.
    I kinda thought that the NFL channel would do more of this in depth get to know people kinda stuff. They do have this show called six days to sunday, which does go through players lives during a weeks preparation for the game. They show them at home and at practice. But, what I think I am figuring out is that there must not be enough people that are interesting enough to do shows on, or they would have more show like that. Last week, was Keith Brooking and this week I think it is Lorenzo Neal.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

That is pretty sad that Vick did that, but I'm glad that they showed it. He is obviously a moron and very high on himself. It really is too bad that they don't show the "good guys" more often. The family men (Tedy Bruschi comes to mind). It's pretty weird how society works.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Last night, they did the little entertaining clips of the answer Mike Vick gave to question that he was asked in a casual setting. You know the kinda get to know ya type questions. The clips of them in street clothes in a studio lit setting with like a football in their hands, the questions that you are suppose to be able to relate to the player.

Well anyway, I only remember bits of it. He was watching clip of his play and talking about this move and that move that he really liked. Then he was talking about some fan once asked him to buy him a used car. Then the last answer he gave was this, "when dating 2 girls at once, the secret is having 2 cell phones" and he then proceeds to hold up both of his cell phones. It had to be a woman producer that snuk that one in there, showing the true Vick. These guys are not saints that is for sure. It is every team. This attitude is exactly what I was talking about last week. Players have a different mentality. I really couldn't believe he said that or more the fact that they put it on TV and didn't edit it out.

BTW, will someone explain the Ron Mexico nickname. I know I heard it before, but it escapes me now.

On a football note, here are Mike or Ron's stats against the Jets.

11 of 26 for 116 yards Passing
    9 rushes for 18 yards and 2 TDs Rushing
    3 INTs
    16.3 Rating
    The "Ron Mexico" name was the one that he gave when he went in to be tested for herpes...I guess that he got found out when he gave both of his cell phone numbers to the nurse in charge to be typed on the entry form for the clinic! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

A 16.3 rating and only 18 rushing yards? THIS is the guy everyone is raving about? My goodness, I wish the media would stop worshipping at his feet and expose him for what he really is. If he didn't have that defense and Warrick Dunn he'd be up s*** creek!

Del Rio Guest

He's like a Cunningham want to be. Only he can't hit his recievers lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast