Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 170
  1. #11
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

    When Vick throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs... you let me know.
    Lol, talk about reaching. I give you season stats and you give me one game. Lol.
    Come on man. Clearly, 1 game is enough to get TJ into tthe HOF. WTF cares about what he did in one game. Lets talk what he has done over a season. Again Vick gives DC headaches while DCs lick their chops when they
    have to face TJ.
    So... I'm guessing Vick didn't have a game like that? lol...
    Show me a game where TJ had 173 yards passing and 173 yards rushing.
    Show me a game where TJ scored a TD in OT running for 53 yards.


    I'm guessing TJ never did that.

  2. #12
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

    When Vick throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs... you let me know.
    Lol, talk about reaching. I give you season stats and you give me one game. Lol.
    Come on man. Clearly, 1 game is enough to get TJ into tthe HOF. WTF cares about what he did in one game. Lets talk what he has done over a season. Again Vick gives DC headaches while DCs lick their chops when they
    have to face TJ.
    So... I'm guessing Vick didn't have a game like that? lol...
    Show me a game where TJ had 173 yards passing and 173 yards rushing.
    Show me a game where TJ scored a TD in OT running for 53 yards.


    I'm guessing TJ never did that.
    Would he have to play the Vikings to do that?

    ;D

  3. #13
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:

    When Vick throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs... you let me know.
    Lol, talk about reaching. I give you season stats and you give me one game. Lol.
    Come on man. Clearly, 1 game is enough to get TJ into tthe HOF. WTF cares about what he did in one game. Lets talk what he has done over a season. Again Vick gives DC headaches while DCs lick their chops when they
    have to face TJ.
    So... I'm guessing Vick didn't have a game like that? lol...
    Show me a game where TJ had 173 yards passing and 173 yards rushing.
    Show me a game where TJ scored a TD in OT running for 53 yards.


    I'm guessing TJ never did that.
    Would he have to play the Vikings to do that?

    ;D
    I guess it would only be a true comparison
    ;D

  4. #14
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "ejmat" wrote:
    Show me a game where TJ had 173 yards passing and 173 yards rushing.
    Show me a game where TJ scored a TD in OT running for 53 yards.


    I'm guessing TJ never did that.
    I'm not trying to say Vick is a football God. He is a damn good football player and hell I would say he is a good Qb. He makes defenses play 11 on 11 vs.
    11 on 10.
    To break the all time Qb rushing record in 5 season is incredible. The reason I like him fr this team is, he takes defenses out of their confort zone.
    Most teas keep thier schemes week t weak and add a few tweaks here and there. When you play Vick, you have to change what you do. You get defensive players thinking vs. reacting. When you pair that with an AD and Harvin and a deep pass to BB, it could be a scary combination.

  5. #15
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Show me a game where TJ had 173 yards passing and 173 yards rushing.
    Show me a game where TJ scored a TD in OT running for 53 yards.


    I'm guessing TJ never did that.
    I'm not trying to say Vick is a football God. He is a damn good football player and hell I would say he is a good Qb. He makes defenses play 11 on 11 vs.
    11 on 10.
    To break the all time Qb rushing record in 5 season is incredible. The reason I like him fr this team is, he takes defenses out of their confort zone.
    Most teas keep thier schemes week t weak and add a few tweaks here and there. When you play Vick, you have to change what you do. You get defensive players thinking vs. reacting. When you pair that with an AD and Harvin and a deep pass to BB, it could be a scary combination.
    I know you weren't.
    I was agreeing with your previous post in which someone tried to take 1 stat in one game to prove TJ was better than Vick.
    All I did was through out another meaningless stat to prove one stat doesn't make 1 QB better than the other.

  6. #16
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Show me a game where TJ had 173 yards passing and 173 yards rushing.
    Show me a game where TJ scored a TD in OT running for 53 yards.


    I'm guessing TJ never did that.
    I'm not trying to say Vick is a football God. He is a gol 'darnit good football player and hell I would say he is a good Qb. He makes defenses play 11 on 11 vs.
    11 on 10.
    To break the all time Qb rushing record in 5 season is incredible. The reason I like him fr this team is, he takes defenses out of their confort zone.
    Most teas keep thier schemes week t weak and add a few tweaks here and there. When you play Vick, you have to change what you do. You get defensive players thinking vs. reacting. When you pair that with an AD and Harvin and a deep pass to BB, it could be a scary combination.
    I know you weren't.
    I was agreeing with your previous post in which someone tried to take 1 stat in one game to prove TJ was better than Vick.
    All I did was through out another meaningless stat to prove one stat doesn't make 1 QB better than the other.
    Oh iknow wha you were doing. I quoted you because I started to agree with you but realize that we are wasting our breathe.

  7. #17
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    The only reason Jackson has't thrown for 10 TD's is because of dropped TD passes. Shancoe dropped one vs the Colts last year and what about Williamson in 08'? What if Vick would have had Williamson as his WR threat? He wouldn't have caught a very high percentage of his deep passes...

    Vick made a bad defense look horrible, Jackson has done the same thing but in different ways against average defenses. Vick always sturggled vs good defenses and so far a young Jackson has too.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/michaelvick/gamelogs?id=VIC311467&season=2006
    Stop talking out your arse man.
    Week 1
    Week 2
    Week 7.
    Are you saying that Vick's WRs are good when he wa their. They dropped just as many balls. Jenkins is still average at best. White confessed that he was partying too much and did not take football seriously. It took an intervention frm his coach and mother to get him to turn it around. Somthing Vick had was his locker room. When high quality guys like Dunn and co. go tobat for you it tells me that you are welrespected. While in 2007 Phat Pat wanted to wring Tj's neck. Allen called out the offerense after 2 weeks and you can tell the defense
    wants better QB play pronto.
    I'm saying that I never seen Michael Vick throw multiple deep passes on target that were dropped. Its just something Jackson has had to deal with. Berrian was big help this past season, caught most every deep ball that was accurate or catchable.

    At least Vick had a TE, last year Shancoe finally showed up, Jackson threw him a breakout game vs the Falcons.

    Vick had the locker room alright, untill he was busted for Dog Fighting and Gambling, then he had a Jail Cell. Jackson definitly has our locker room, Pat Williams would be the first guy to get his back, don't twist his words. Chad Greenway, Jared Allen, Antione Winfield, Ray Edwards, Matt Birk, Darren Sharper, and Adrian Peterson have or have recently fully supported Jackson. He definitly has our locker room.

    There was no reason for Allen not to call out the Offense, but Allen was specificaly upset about the team as a whole. Trust me after the way Peyton owned our defense and Shacoe dropped a TD their were lots of fingers to point. And again that was #10 for TJack in only 5.5 games, so that goes out the window.

  8. #18
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    no doubt...

    i'm glad that i'll be camping all summer, and i'll avoid all of the rumors and what not.

    when i get back in august, i'll be able to know for sure wether or not he's a vike.
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  9. #19
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Vick coouldn't even handle the WCO, he's on record for it. Jackson has been nothing but work ethic and solid attitude. I think mentally Jackson is far superior to Michael Vick and that all I need to know.
    Neither can TJ apperantly.
    I'm sure that him never having the same OC and going thru 3 head coaches in 5 years have nothing to do with stuanting his development as a QB. Yet TJ has been in the same system, same HC, same team and still lost his job to Gus. I'm sure he is better.

    Again, Vicks last season he had.
    204 completions on 388 attmps. 52.6% completed
    for 2,474 yards
    20 TDs
    vs.
    13 INTS
    He also rushed for 1,039 yards.

    In his 2nd year he bested TJ stats.
    He threw for more yards, tds and rushed for more yards in 1 season than TJ has for his entire career.
    I know everyone hates him but give the guy his props. It's like OJ, hate the guy for off the field stuff but don't take anything away from what the guys has done. Certinly don't compare him to bum jiggly butt TJ/ WHo is MikeVick lite.
    Throw out what you like but you'll never convince me that Michael Vick is better for this team than Tarvaris Jackson. Jackson is just getting started, Vick is just getting out of Jail and I don't have that much faith in our Correctional Programs to fix Vick's Mental Issues, maybe Dungy can help him..

  10. #20
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,916

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I'm saying that I never seen Michael Vick throw multiple deep passes on target that were dropped. Its just something Jackson has had to deal with. Berrian was big help this past season, caught most every deep ball that was accurate or catchable.

    At least Vick had a TE, last year Shancoe finally showed up, Jackson threw him a breakout game vs the Falcons.

    Vick had the locker room alright, untill he was busted for Dog Fighting and Gambling, then he had a Jail Cell. Jackson definitly has our locker room, Pat Williams would be the first guy to get his back, don't twist his words. Chad Greenway, Jared Allen, Antione Winfield, Ray Edwards, Matt Birk, Darren Sharper, and Adrian Peterson have or have recently fully supported Jackson. He definitly has our locker room.

    There was no reason for Allen not to call out the Offense, but Allen was specificaly upset about the team as a whole. Trust me after the way Peyton owned our defense and Shacoe dropped a TD their were lots of fingers to point. And again that was #10 for TJack in only 5.5 games, so that goes out the window.
    Do you know how many drops Vick had throwing to the likes of Roddy White and
    jenkins? Remember they were 1st and 2nd year wrs when he was QBing. Again, I urge you to hate Vick for his dog fighting, but respect him and admit he is a better Qb than Tj is.

    You point about Ad fully supporting Tj is laughable. These gus slob all over Fave and how they wish he was here but because they throw a word in about how much special Tj is it means they fully support him? Come on, they are CYA incase we don't get Farve. They want favre, they need favre and they crave Favre. When you say " I'm not going to make any excuses for someone" That tells me that you have to make excuses for someone.


    Lastly, if Vick is still the 2006 Vick and there is no reason to beleive that he isnt. He is a better weapon in our offense than TJ.
    For all his mobility Tj cannot figure out how to run notrh and south and is killing his team because he is not capilizing on all of his strenghts. Vick would set you up with his legs and kil you with the pass. He used what he had and was a very smart Qb. Its an insult to say Tj is a better player than Vick is. Vick dominanted football. Tj dominanted the bench!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Joe Webb: If Michael Vick is a 10, I'm a 5
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:57 PM
  2. What about Michael Vick?
    By VikingsFan4Lyfe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
  3. Does Michael Vick Run too much?
    By Alharrissuks91 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
  4. Michael Vick...
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •