Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Michael Vick vs Tarvaris Jackson

"Purplebus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    2 years ago i would have said vick. Since then Jackson has improved and Vick has not played. I wish Vick the best, and hope the Vikings don't eliminate him from consideration based on the dog fighting thing. But prison is probably not the best place to maintain skills.
    Prison is a great place to train physically however. Maybe not like playing or being on a team, but if he has kept up the discipline of weight training and found some guys to play some ball with then he could come out a little less than rusty. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    If anything, he is rested and healthy. He also went to a Club Fed...He probably enjoyed a decent facility

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Purplebus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    2 years ago i would have said vick. Since then Jackson has improved and Vick has not played. I wish Vick the best, and hope the Vikings don't eliminate him from consideration based on the dog fighting thing. But prison is probably not the best place to maintain skills.
    Prison is a great place to train physically however. Maybe not like playing or being on a team, but if he has kept up the discipline of weight training and found some guys to play some ball with then he could come out a little less than rusty. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.
    If anything, he is rested and healthy. He also went to a Club Fed...He probably enjoyed a decent facility
    sure, rested and healthy, and out of shape.
    Do you think he's been running 2 a days in prison like everyone else will be?

Blog Entries

"Purplebus" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Prison is a great place to get jacked, but not to football shape, especially for a QB.
    Where will he work on his footwork?
    How is he going to work with recievers?
    I doubt there are any NFL quality recievers to practice with there.
    Think of it this way, if you play college ball, then go home and play catch with your girlfriend, its a whole different thing.
    Playing catch doesn't help you with your patterns or anything.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Prison is a great place to get jacked, but not to football shape, especially for a QB.
    Think of it this way, if you play college ball, then go home and play catch with your girlfriend, its a whole different thing.
    True! I'm sure he was atleast practicing in his cell a bit. If anything, he's probably in good shape. He has alreayd hired a trainer to get him in football shape up until July 20 or so. He has plenty of time to get in football shape. More so than players on rosters because they have to rest some between OTAs and typically get banged up sometimes.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vick deserves second chance, but isn’t worth it[/size]

Posted on May 20th, 2009 – 12:01 PM

By Mark Craig
    startribune.com

Do I believe Michael Vick deserves a second chance in the NFL?

Yes.

If I woke up tomorrow as a billionaire owner in need of a quarterback, would I be the one to give Vick that second chance?

Heck no.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    True! I'm sure he was atleast practicing in his cell a bit. If anything, he's probably in good shape. He has alreayd hired a trainer to get him in football shape up until July 20 or so. He has plenty of time to get in football shape. More so than players on rosters because they have to rest some between OTAs and typically get banged up sometimes.
    Your logic astounds me.
    Are you really telling me that players on rosters don't have time to get in shape becasue they're tired from getting in shape from OTA's?

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Your logic astounds me.
    Are you really telling me that players on rosters don't have time to get in shape becasue they're tired from getting in shape from OTA's?
    He's implying it's hard to do cardio training when your legs won't move because they have deep bruises due to contact drills.
    OTAs also stress technique drills which take time away from what could have been used for more cardio training.
    The theory is sound, if all he can do is train and doesn't have to study plays, stand in lines, listen to coaches, or rest bruised muscles, theoretically he could be in better cardiovascular shape.
    I'm just not sure that translates to football shape where you will be hit, hard.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Your logic astounds me.
    He's implying it's hard to do cardio training when your legs won't move because they have deep bruises due to contact drills.
    OTAs also stress technique drills which take time away from what could have been used for more cardio training.
    The theory is sound, if all he can do is train and doesn't have to study plays, stand in lines, listen to coaches, or rest bruised muscles, theoretically he could be in better cardiovascular shape.
    I'm just not sure that translates to football shape where you will be hit, hard.
    so then I guess he must be used to contact right?
    He's probably been training his 40 yard dash.
    Likely has been working on carrying drills, and throwing drills.
    There's more to being in football shape then having your body ready.
    Sure he might be as strong as he was before, he may even have the cardio, but how does he do the football drills to keep up with guys that have been playing for the last two years?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Let's just get Michael Jackson and call it a day.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

You know what screw Favre, Vick would probably be a better fit for us and even though he was in jail consider the fact he has cleaned up and we all know how chilly is about character and even though what he did was wrong at least he served his time. Vick is probably a really good person aside the fact of what he did i think chilly would consider him an option

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast