Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 170
  1. #1
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Michael Vick vs Tarvaris Jackson

    "C" wrote:
    lol... ok
    Not that QB ratings matter... but Jackson's career QB rating is better than Vick's.
    So you ignore the yards, Tds, rushing yards, rushing tds, Him being the focus of the defense and not playing with AD or a defense as dominant as ours. Yes, after I ignore all of thoses things, then Tj is better.

  2. #2
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,496

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    lol... ok
    Not that QB ratings matter... but Jackson's career QB rating is better than Vick's.
    So you ignore the yards, Tds, rushing yards, rushing tds, Him being the focus of the defense and not playing with AD or a defense as dominant as ours. Yes, after I ignore all of thoses things, then Tj is better.
    Like I said... it's not like it matters... right?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [size=11pt]Adrian Peterson Speaks Out on Brett Favre Situation[/size]

    ”I know it’s a possibility, so just him coming in, just the leadership he would definitely bring," Peterson said. "A guy that’s well respected, been around the league a long time. I’m a big fan of him. I grew up watching him and just loving the passion he played with. That would be something he would definitely bring to the locker room.”
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/175515-adrian-peterson-speaks-out-on-brett-favre-situation
    Even if Favre doesn't return as a Viking, Peterson said he has confidence in Tarvaris Jackson to be the starting quarterback this season.

    ”I’m so confident in Tarvaris," said Peterson. "Really haven’t seen too much of Sage but Tarvaris has got all the talent. He’s got everything. He’s got a good arm, is talented. He’s got everything it takes to make it in this league. So, I know he’s been doing a lot this offseason to get his body right, his mind right. Most importantly to be able to come out and get the starting job.”

    It sounds like Peterson would be happy to have a veteran leader like Brett Favre under center but also thinks Jackson can be an effective starter for the Vikings.
    Wait... you mean Peterson doesn't want Vick? WTF?!?!?

    Seriously though, that's awesome that Peterson said that.
    You are reading about it. I saw the interview and his response on Tj is what you say to keep the peace. You don't gush over another guy and then turn around and say you are happy with the incumbant
    Yes. Just like he wouldn't say he wanted some washed up, prison inmate as a QB.
    Iany proof that he is washed up? Or are you just talking out your arse. Aren't you tired of being wrong?

  4. #4
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=47493.msg948411#msg948411 date=1242352253]
    [size=11pt]Adrian Peterson Speaks Out on Brett Favre Situation[/size]

    ”I know it’s a possibility, so just him coming in, just the leadership he would definitely bring," Peterson said. "A guy that’s well respected, been around the league a long time. I’m a big fan of him. I grew up watching him and just loving the passion he played with. That would be something he would definitely bring to the locker room.”
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/175515-adrian-peterson-speaks-out-on-brett-favre-situation
    Even if Favre doesn't return as a Viking, Peterson said he has confidence in Tarvaris Jackson to be the starting quarterback this season.

    ”I’m so confident in Tarvaris," said Peterson. "Really haven’t seen too much of Sage but Tarvaris has got all the talent. He’s got everything. He’s got a good arm, is talented. He’s got everything it takes to make it in this league. So, I know he’s been doing a lot this offseason to get his body right, his mind right. Most importantly to be able to come out and get the starting job.”

    It sounds like Peterson would be happy to have a veteran leader like Brett Favre under center but also thinks Jackson can be an effective starter for the Vikings.
    Wait... you mean Peterson doesn't want Vick? WTF?!?!?

    Seriously though, that's awesome that Peterson said that.
    You are reading about it. I saw the interview and his response on Tj is what you say to keep the peace. You don't gush over another guy and then turn around and say you are happy with the incumbant
    Yes. Just like he wouldn't say he wanted some washed up, prison inmate as a QB.
    Iany proof that he is washed up? Or are you just talking out your arse. Aren't you tired of being wrong?
    [/quote]
    the guyw as an awful pocket passer when he was in the league, so why would you expect that to change? he hasnt seen a defense or been in the game for years now, so what little skill he had as a passer should now be gone completely

    give it a year or two before hes returning kicks in the cfl
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #5
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    lol... ok
    Not that QB ratings matter... but Jackson's career QB rating is better than Vick's.
    So you ignore the yards, Tds, rushing yards, rushing tds, Him being the focus of the defense and not playing with AD or a defense as dominant as ours. Yes, after I ignore all of thoses things, then Tj is better.
    Like I said... it's not like it matters... right?
    It matters but it is too dependant on the amount of throws a Qb is asked to make.
    Vick has always been asked to throw the Ball jackson has not.
    Vicks average attempts per season is 20+. Jackson's lone season in which he was asked to throw 20+ passes, he threw 12 ints and 9 tds. Thats 4 ints for every 3 tds.

  6. #6
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "olson_10" wrote:
    the guyw as an awful pocket passer when he was in the league, so why would you expect that to change? he hasnt seen a defense or been in the game for years now, so what little skill he had as a passer should now be gone completely
    give it a year or two before hes returning kicks in the cfl
    He was still a better Qb than TJ. I wouldn't say he was an aweful passer. His final season he threw for 20tds 13 ints and rushed for 1000 yards.

    No one takes into consideration that the guy never had the same OC 2 season in a row. You can't tell me that that doesn't hurt a young QB. Hell Tj has been in the same system for 3 years and still cannot get it. He he went thru 2 HCs (3 if you count the offseason before his trial). Do you think TJ ould stillbe in this league had he gone thru 4+ OCs and 2 HCs? He also was the first Qb to beat GB at home in the playoffs. Gotta lve him for that.

  7. #7
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    When Vick throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs... you let me know.
    Let me end this quickly
    Vick = defense focus
    TJ =/= Defense focus.

    Vick has thrown for 10+ tds
    Tj has never thrown for 10+ tds
    Vick
    as a roookie our rushed TJ in any season.
    [size=15pt]Pay attention to this...[/size]
    When Vick has been to 3 pro bowls. Every year he played 10+ games.
    TJ is fighting Sage for a starting spot.

    Vick kept the guy(Shaub), that kept guy(Sage) that is keeping TJ on the bench. LMAO.
    That alone should signal Vicks > TJ
    I could swear with the stats being thrown around by some for Jackson that he went to the pro bowl last year and played QB for both conferences and for all four quarters
    LMAO.

    And Cook didn't commit one penalty or give up a single sack.

    It was the best of times. ;D

  8. #8
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "olson_10" wrote:
    favres our quarterback for this season, so lets put the vick talk to rest..the coaches want it, the owners want it, the all pro rb wants it, the #1 receiver wants it, and most importantly brett favre wants it..its gonna happen
    TJ was was an Allstar qb.
    That's why Jamarcus Russell has thrown for 10+ tds and he never has.

  9. #9
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,910

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    When Vick throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs... you let me know.
    Let me end this quickly
    Vick = defense focus
    TJ =/= Defense focus.

    Vick has thrown for 10+ tds
    Tj has never thrown for 10+ tds
    Vick
    as a roookie our rushed TJ in any season.
    [size=15pt]Pay attention to this...[/size]
    When Vick has been to 3 pro bowls. Every year he played 10+ games.
    TJ is fighting Sage for a starting spot.

    Vick kept the guy(Shaub), that kept guy(Sage) that is keeping TJ on the bench. LMAO.
    That alone should signal Vicks > TJ
    I could swear with the stats being thrown around by some for Jackson that he went to the pro bowl last year and played QB for both conferences and for all four quarters
    LMAO.

    And Cook didn't commit one penalty or give up a single sack.

    It was the best of times. ;D
    You would think with his 63 Td season he would have cemented his starting spot. What does this guy have to do to win over the fans media, other coaches.

  10. #10
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FAVRE WATCH: Vikes in process of evaluating the great one!

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    When Vick throws 4 TDs and 0 INTs... you let me know.
    Let me end this quickly
    Vick = defense focus
    TJ =/= Defense focus.

    Vick has thrown for 10+ tds
    Tj has never thrown for 10+ tds
    Vick
    as a roookie our rushed TJ in any season.
    [size=15pt]Pay attention to this...[/size]
    When Vick has been to 3 pro bowls. Every year he played 10+ games.
    TJ is fighting Sage for a starting spot.

    Vick kept the guy(Shaub), that kept guy(Sage) that is keeping TJ on the bench. LMAO.
    That alone should signal Vicks > TJ
    I could swear with the stats being thrown around by some for Jackson that he went to the pro bowl last year and played QB for both conferences and for all four quarters
    LMAO.

    And Cook didn't commit one penalty or give up a single sack.

    It was the best of times. ;D
    You would think with his 63 Td season he would have cemented his starting spot. What does this guy have to do to win over the fans media, other coaches.
    Make a tackle or 2 on special teams?



    ;D ;D

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Joe Webb: If Michael Vick is a 10, I'm a 5
    By Culpepper_4717 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 11:57 PM
  2. What about Michael Vick?
    By VikingsFan4Lyfe in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2008, 12:43 PM
  3. Does Michael Vick Run too much?
    By Alharrissuks91 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-14-2006, 10:03 PM
  4. Michael Vick...
    By RandyMoss8404 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •