Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: Michael Vick indicted by Grand Jury

I'm still not convinced that Vick deserves prison time for this.
    If he was DIRECTLY involved with torchering (sp?) the animals, thats one thing.
    But if he is simply being charged with gambling and owning the property that this took place on, than IMO prison isn't deserved.

Somebody needs to pay for this, but it should be the people that were electrocuting, drowning, etc.

Either way, I'm sure he knew what was going on and is an idiot for not putting an end to it.
    He needs to be punished, but prison is too much...maybe jail time, but not prison.

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    The sooner he gets his day in court the better, I'm not looking forward to this dragging out into a long circus and making the season a joke.
    Well don't get your hopes up...I would expect this to drag on for a long time...I would be very surprised if it was over before the season's end.

On another note...
    A lawyer on the radio this morning said that the Feds have a 95% success rate with their indictments.
    That doesn't bode well for Mr. Vick.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    But if he is simply being charged with gambling and owning the property that this took place on, than IMO prison isn't deserved.
    I think he's being charged with pretty much doing everything here, not just owning the property.
    But even if he just knew about it and let it happen on his property, I don't think putting him in prision for a few months would be over the top.
    If you have a party you can be held responsible for what your guests do during or afterwords.
    Vick had a bunch of parties, only instead of drinking, they killed animals.

On another note, does anybody have a link to the NFL constitution and by-laws?
    I've looked over the CBA and the Conduct Policy, and I'm confused where these analysts keep getting the whole "they can't suspend him until he's convicted because he's a first time offender" thing.
    I figure it must be in the by-laws, but I can't find it on Google.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

"Overlord" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I think he's being charged with pretty much doing everything here, not just owning the property.
    But even if he just knew about it and let it happen on his property, I don't think putting him in prision for a few months would be over the top.
    If you have a party you can be held responsible for what your guests do during or afterwords.
    Vick had a bunch of parties, only instead of drinking, they killed animals.

On another note, does anybody have a link to the NFL constitution and by-laws?
    I've looked over the CBA and the Conduct Policy, and I'm confused where these analysts keep getting the whole "they can't suspend him until he's convicted because he's a first time offender" thing.
    I figure it must be in the by-laws, but I can't find it on Google.
    If he got sentenced to a few months, he would likely be serving his time in a jail cell, not a prison cell.
    Typically you have to be sentenced to more than a year to have to go to prison...I'm pretty sure anyways.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    If he got sentenced to a few months, he would likely be serving his time in a jail cell, not a prison cell.
    Typically you have to be sentenced to more than a year to have to go to prison...I'm pretty sure anyways.
    That's true for state crimes, but I'm not sure if the federal government operates a jail system as opposed to the federal prison system.
    I don't know.
    Anyway, I thought you were using them synomonously, but I see what you're saying now.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

Somebody needs to pay for this, but it should be the people that were electrocuting, drowning, etc.

Either way, I'm sure he knew what was going on and is an idiot for not putting an end to it.
    He needs to be punished, but prison is too much...maybe jail time, but not prison.
    He would go to prison as a conspirator for the killing of the dogs.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    The sooner he gets his day in court the better, I'm not looking forward to this dragging out into a long circus and making the season a joke.
    It won't matter. With this hanging over his head, the mental affect will impact his game. If he plays, don't expect him to have a good year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:

He is being indicted for being DIRECTLY involved.
    The indictment specifically lists him as being one of the people who killed eight dogs in one month, and it also states that he was consulted before some of the losing dogs were put to death.
    And it says that he lost several thousand dollars in one specific fight, meaning he was there when it happened.

According to the indictment, Vick was there and has a hand on involvement with killing those poor dogs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

[size=13pt]Team, NFL discuss how to deal with Vick[/size]

Virginia continues probe into dogfighting

By D. ORLANDO LEDBETTER, STEVE WYCHE
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 07/19/07

While Falcons and NFL officials spent Wednesday discussing how to move forward following a federal felony indictment against quarterback Michael Vick, a decision was made about the quarterback's short-term future.....

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    [quote]
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    Endorsements in Danger

Will Nike dump Vick or will they come out with a new orange shoe to go with prison coveralls, also soap-on-a-rope may be looking at Vick as a future spokesperson the new "Michael Vick Experience...when you really don't want to drop it"

/quote]

Hasbro also has not had any business dealings with Vick since its relationship with the player expired two years ago.
    I wonder if the Ron Mexico Dog Fighting Board game would be a hit.....roll the dice and see where you land on the board....move back 6 space Ookie gave you herpes and your dog lost again.
    ROFLMAO .... then there's always Monopoly - Atlanta Falcons version.
    Can you imagine what the Chance cards and Community Chest would be like?

Your star QB is indicted for dogfighting - miss two turns
    Your star QB is convicted of organising dogfighting - go straight to jail. Do not pass Go and do not collect $$$$$$$
    Your star QB gets stopped by Airport Security with a dodgy water bottle - go back three places
    You traded your 'star' backup QB in the offseason in order to put all your eggs in one basket - miss 6 turns and pay a fine of $130 million

Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast