gagarr is offline Team Alumni

Michael Vick Ignoring Dan Reeves

[size=14pt]Michael Vick Ignoring His NFL Mentor[/size]

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/17/m...is-nfl-mentor/

So what will Goodell do?

Reeves sighed, and said, "Well, some of the things I've heard from people who are supposedly in the know, it sounds like he's thinking about maybe suspending him for some more time. I just think that's a big mistake. He has paid enough of a price, but I will say this: I'm not Roger Goodell, where I can sit and talk to him face to face. There may be something there that he feels uncomfortable with."
    I hope there is more time... give him another year and let him play for the UFL.

As for why Vick won't talk to Reeves, my guess is Reeves knows Vick well enough, so Vick won't be able to feed Reeves the BS, that Vick intends to feed Goodell.

Vick is morally bankrupt and I doubt he found morals in prison...
    I'm sure he VERY SORRY that he got caught and will do his best not to get caught again.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Michael Vick Ignoring Dan Reeves

He paid his dues

He hasn't played for like 3 years

Lost out in about 250 mill in salary and endorsements

I feel he has done enough of a punishment and should be invited to training camp

"V4L" wrote:
    He paid his dues

I feel he has done enough of a punishment and should be invited to training camp
    What I really hate about Vick is after he was caught, he showed NO remorse and still had the "I'm the untouchable Micheal Vick" attitude.
    After being indicted he showed some embarrassment like a kid caught taking a cookie and might get his hand slapped.
    He only started showing any kind of remorse when the sh*t hit the fan and he realized that he was going to get prison time.

That tells me he isn't really sorry for what he did, but that he got caught and punished for it.

This is not the kind of player I want in the NFL.
    If Goodell would ban him for life it would send a clear message that the NFL has NO tolerance for punks.
    The NFL brand would be a shining beacon of morality in professional sports.
    [size=12pt]
    [/size]

V4L

"gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    He paid his dues

What I really hate about Vick is after he was caught, he showed NO remorse and still had the "I'm the untouchable Micheal Vick" attitude.
    After being indicted he showed some embarrassment like a kid caught taking a cookie and might get his hand slapped.
    He only started showing any kind of remorse when the sh*t hit the fan and he realized that he was going to get prison time.

That tells me he isn't really sorry for what he did, but that he got caught and punished for it.

If Goodell would ban him for life it would send a clear message that the NFL has NO tolerance for punks.

Understandable

I wish he would have shown some remorse as well.. Thats a reason he isn't one of my favorite players anymore

but not showing remorse isn't a crime.. He did his time

Now it's up to Goodell to see if he will be welcomed back.. Personally I think what he did was less then some of the shit that goes on like Pacman and Chris Henry and Donte Stallworth

But if he isn't in the NFL ever again or even this year.. I won't care

"V4L" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    He paid his dues

Understandable

I wish he would have shown some remorse as well.. Thats a reason he isn't one of my favorite players anymore

Now it's up to Goodell to see if he will be welcomed back.. Personally I think what he did was less then some of the pooh that goes on like Pacman and Chris Henry and Donte Stallworth

I don't condon what Pacman and Stallworth did, I think they should go too.
    But I do think Vick's at a different level because of the premeditation.

I doubt Stallworth got drunk and went out looking for someone to run over.
    Whereas Vick had a property, ran dog fights, and personally drowned, hanged, and electrocuted dogs.... Lord knows how many times or over what period.

Vick's is not a spur of the moment or one time action, his is far more heinous.

[size=12pt]
    [/size]

V4L

"gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    He paid his dues

Understandable

Now it's up to Goodell to see if he will be welcomed back.. Personally I think what he did was less then some of the pooh that goes on like Pacman and Chris Henry and Donte Stallworth

I don't condon what Pacman and Stallworth did, I think they should go too.
    But I do think Vick's at a different level because of the premeditation.

I doubt Stallworth got drunk and went out looking for someone to run over.
    Whereas Vick had a property, ran dog fights, and personally drowned, hanged, and electrocuted dogs.... Lord knows how many times or over what period.

Vick's is not a spur of the moment or one time action, his is far more heinous.

I guess I can agree with that

Like I said it won't bug me if he doesn't play

But he will be sitting out 3 years.. And has already lost 250 mill in endorsements

I think he should be able to redeem himself like every other player that fucks up gets a chance to do