Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Re: Michael Irvin busted again!

Wow that sucks. I feel for ANY trapped with addiction on their back. He just blew a CAKE job. NO pun intended.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Cajun: Boy are you good. That's exactly what he said...
    Irvin, an ESPN analyst and semifinalist for the Pro Football Hall of Fame, told The Associated Press Nov. 27 that the drug pipe found in his car belonged to a friend of 17 years who left a Houston rehab center and came to Irvin's house in Carrollton for Thanksgiving. Irvin wouldn't reveal his friend's name.
    Kinda sounds like the "I had it for a friend whizzinator story" LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

HAHAHA.. Used that excuse before!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    It wasn't mine, someone used my car, I didn't know it was in there.

I am sure that is what he will say.

I want more info. Bye Bye to ESPN. YES! (How can they keep him on)

Now him and TO can hang out everyday and talk in person instead of on the Cell Phone.
    That's EXACTLY what he said...LOL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2238758
    exactly - laughed when they reported it on SC this morning and said that he will be covering NFL countdown later today - sound doesn't sound like he's retiring yet. Apparently it wasn't his drug paraphanalia but a 'friends' ..... good to see the old Cowboy traditions still run good with the 'Boys .....
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Del Rio Guest

You kind of have to ask yourself how you feel about seperation between on the field performance and off the field issues with athletes.

It's a valid discussion.

Should Irvin be in the HOF?

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Its like seperation of church and state...there will always be good arguements for both sides. Clearly Irvin is a HOF reciever and his off the field stuff is somewhat questionable. I think he should be in the HOF and i dislike the guy. I wish it was something you could judge in a case by case situation but thats not really fair to the next guy. Basically to my knowledge there is no code of conduct rules for the HOF and there probably shouldnt be. Players should only get banned for serious crimes and what not. Ivrin smoking weed or whatever it was is sorta minor. Robert Smith and Randy Moss both have admitted to useing drugs and I dont think less of them just that they have seperate lives from football that I dont care for.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Sounds like he got busted with a weed pipe, and given "special" treatment. I've had many friends back in the day get their glassware taken or broken by cops but never a paraphernelia charge. That cop wanted some fame around the station.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Del Rio" wrote:
    You kind of have to ask yourself how you feel about seperation between on the field performance and off the field issues with athletes.

It's a valid discussion.

Should Irvin be in the HOF?
    Carl Eller made it in, but only after he kicked his habit . He also has worked very hard with communities & organizations to help people from going down the same path he did.

Some day Irvin will get in for his on field performance, but I don't think it will be this year.

It's a very valid topic worth discussion Del.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

I think his excuse is kind of scetchy Time will tell, I mean if he in fact is turning his life around good, but if its not true then, like I said he got Jacked UP!

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Maybe it's me but do they always search your vehicle when you get pulled over? I understand he had a warrent for an unpaid ticket but damn. I've had a ticket before that I forgot to pay and the cops just told me to take care of it. They did not search my car and stuff.

Now thinking about it I don't think I ever had my car searched being pulled over. This must be a Texas cop thing???

Do they search your car when you get pulled over in your city?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast