Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: A message to Hines Ward

"Mr Anderson" wrote:
    He only fits Pittsburgh's system, put him on the Vikings, or the Rams, or almost any other team and he would not be good, he wouldn't get all this credit that he does, he is not a wide reciever.

and there is no arguing against that, put him in any other system and he's terrible.
    Yes there is. Because you do not know if he could adapt to any other team. On any other team he sure would still best the best blocking WR in the league and give you 100% on every play.

As a football coach myself, I appreciate that more than the flashy catches and runs. Give me a player who plays his heart out anyday. Ward is a very respectable guy on and off the field.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I give Ward credit...he did what he was supposed to do...nothing Super special...but NO ONE ELSE deserved it!

I like Ward though...he does play hard and has heart...I just didn't want to see his team win!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Where was Joey porter at? Did he play today?LOL.... Give the MVP to him.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Yes there is. Because you do not know if he could adapt to any other team. On any other team he sure would still best the best blocking WR in the league and give you 100% on every play.

As a football coach myself, I appreciate that more than the flashy catches and runs. Give me a player who plays his heart out anyday. Ward is a very respectable guy on and off the field.
    He couldn't adapt to any team though, he doesnt have the speed or athletic ability to get open on plays that are not trick plays or play action passes. He needs the play action, and needs the corner to bite on it.

And if they want blocking, they get put a tight end in the slot, or even out wide in some situations, like if you were playing Tampa, against Ronde Barber who blitzes practically once per series. Good blocking recievers are nice to have, but not a necessity.

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    The REFS were the TRUE MVPs!!!
    You got that right Caj! :lol: That first Steeler TD should get the MVP for the refs alone! :wink:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Hines Ward is a consistent receiver. He may not do anything flashy but he is a blocking machine, which is especially important to the no passing all rushing offense of Ben, I cannot make an important pass if they paid me, Rothlisberger.
    We can solve poverty today.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The REFS were the TRUE MVPs!!!

A-MEN, No Sh!t. Every big play that the Seahawks made it was reversed with a F!!ck!n flag. Ben's supposed "TD" was not a TD. Every play went in the Steelers way. I hate watching football games when the refs are biased, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Ward, RothlesBooger, Randle El, Fat Boy Bettis, none of these a$$ clowns deserved anything in the SB. Why does it always seem like everyone else does all the dirty work, and then when the Steelers get the ball within the 10 yard line, we see that fatfuck? 14 rushes 43 yards. Please, that is a HOF RB? NO way...
    Please. The refs weren't biased, you just didn't like their calls. The offensive pass interference was a bit of a stretch, but I thought M Irvin was way out of line by claiming that the official wasn't even going to throw the flag until the defender complained. If you watch it (And I DVRed it, so I watched it many, many times, the ref reached for his flag immediatly after the push off. Ben's TD was a TD. The ball broke the white line, and that is all it needed to do.

I personally think that the NFL refs are among the worst at their jobs, and I am constantly ticked off by their horrible officiating, but for once I thought this game was handled well.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

i thought the refs were good...

ward is the only steeler that could be giving the mvp. he deserve it as well. cant give big ben, 2 ints and no passing tds. parker had one play, bettis didnt do anything, the defensive was good together, but no one person stood out.
    We're bringing purple back.

You don't get thousand yard seasons strictly off play action passes and trick plays. Sorry, but I would think that his numbers are enough to prove he is a good receiver, and his toughness and the things that the stats don't show that make him a great player.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I have a message: come play for the Vikes!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast