Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51
  1. #21
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ev

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    The guy thinks his team was the best all time, nothing wrong with that. It is hard to argue too since they were undefeated. If the patriots have back to back perfect seasons then he will have to concede that they are better, but right now it is a toss up, everyone will have their own opinion.
    I guess there is nothing wrong with that ... but it is not really a toss up. The Patriots have A LOT more things on for the side if there really is a debate. They are the best offense of all-time ... with the best PPG total and the top single-season QB TD and WR TD totals. They will have won two more games. They play in an era where parity is the name of the game.
    The Dolphins were the No. 1 offense and No. 1 defense that season ... which is VERY impressive ... and they did go to three-straight Super Bowls (winning two) ... so they can argue to a point, but nothing about them is close to as dominant as this Patriots team.
    The most telling statistics. 72' Dolphins opponents: 105-136-4 (.429), they topped three teams total that were in the playoffs, and NONE of the teams on their regular-season schedule made the playoffs. Their average game finished with the Dolphins winning 25.9-12.3 (13.6 points)
    IF THE PATRIOTS WIN: 07' Pats opponents: 163-161 (.503), the would have topped NINE teams total that were in the playoffs and their regular season schedule included matchups with SIX playoff teams. The average game finished with a score of Pats winning 35.6-17 (18.6) points.
    By almost all accounts, the Patriots are a better team.
    Great post Mid.
    The 72 Dolphins were a gfreat team.
    There's no doubt about it.
    Really the only thing you have to compare here are the stats that mid provided.
    They will never play each other so we can't go by head to head.
    The bottom lin here is Morris is a jackass when he opens his mouth.
    This Pats team is a better team regardless of how you look at it.
    I'm not degrading his 72 Dolphins in any sense of the matter.
    It's just that this Pats team scored more points and had a much more potent offense.
    The 72 Dolphins I think had a better defense when you look at points scored against.
    Then again, the offenses these days are geared more towards passing and scoring more points than that of the 70 NFL teams.
    Sorry Morris.
    Time to shut up regardless of what happens in the superbowl.
    If the Pats lose they can still say they finished it but as far as better and in the same class, Pats win in that area.
    The patriots offense is great, and their defense is good, but not great. The dolphins had a great offense, and a great defense. If the Patriots don't win the SuperBowl then they are not the best. If they do then it is debateable.

  2. #22
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ever

    The Patriots are the best team in my era but it is hard for me to comment on the best ever since I have not been around that long.

  3. #23
    ItalianStallion's Avatar
    ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,615

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ev

    It's not even close, Morris is an idiot who is grasping to his last remnants of glory.

    His argument makes no sense.
    That's like saying the 67' Packers are the best team to win a superbowl in NFL history because they won the first, even though they'd get rocked by modern teams.


    I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

  4. #24
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ever


    Mercury Morris is high on the reefer again. Didn't he get busted before for smoking the weed? It really raises heck with the short term memory. Get some chips and other munchies Merc and sit back and watch your record be broken. Then burn a fat one and disapear into that glory day dream.

  5. #25
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ever

    "marstc09" wrote:
    The Patriots are the best team in my era but it is hard for me to comment on the best ever since I have not been around that long.

    I never even considered the '72 Dolphins the best team ever...I would pick the Steelers of the '70s or the 49ers of the '80s over them. And the Patriots of the '00s are right up there. It's all a matter of opinion anyway, and everyone has his own...so it will never be decided.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ev

    "midgensa" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "midgensa" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    The guy thinks his team was the best all time, nothing wrong with that. It is hard to argue too since they were undefeated. If the patriots have back to back perfect seasons then he will have to concede that they are better, but right now it is a toss up, everyone will have their own opinion.
    I guess there is nothing wrong with that ... but it is not really a toss up. The Patriots have A LOT more things on for the side if there really is a debate. They are the best offense of all-time ... with the best PPG total and the top single-season QB TD and WR TD totals. They will have won two more games. They play in an era where parity is the name of the game.
    The Dolphins were the No. 1 offense and No. 1 defense that season ... which is VERY impressive ... and they did go to three-straight Super Bowls (winning two) ... so they can argue to a point, but nothing about them is close to as dominant as this Patriots team.
    The most telling statistics. 72' Dolphins opponents: 105-136-4 (.429), they topped three teams total that were in the playoffs, and NONE of the teams on their regular-season schedule made the playoffs. Their average game finished with the Dolphins winning 25.9-12.3 (13.6 points)
    IF THE PATRIOTS WIN: 07' Pats opponents: 163-161 (.503), the would have topped NINE teams total that were in the playoffs and their regular season schedule included matchups with SIX playoff teams. The average game finished with a score of Pats winning 35.6-17 (18.6) points.
    By almost all accounts, the Patriots are a better team.
    Great post Mid.
    The 72 Dolphins were a gfreat team.
    There's no doubt about it.
    Really the only thing you have to compare here are the stats that mid provided.
    They will never play each other so we can't go by head to head.
    The bottom lin here is Morris is a jackass when he opens his mouth.
    This Pats team is a better team regardless of how you look at it.
    I'm not degrading his 72 Dolphins in any sense of the matter.
    It's just that this Pats team scored more points and had a much more potent offense.
    The 72 Dolphins I think had a better defense when you look at points scored against.
    Then again, the offenses these days are geared more towards passing and scoring more points than that of the 70 NFL teams.
    Sorry Morris.
    Time to shut up regardless of what happens in the superbowl.
    If the Pats lose they can still say they finished it but as far as better and in the same class, Pats win in that area.
    Thanks for the kudos ... but I am going to disagree with you a little. If the Patriots lose then I have little choice but to place them as the 77th best team of all time. Since the NFL started playing Championship Games in 1933 ... 76 other teams GOT THE JOB DONE ... does that mean I think the Pats would lost to all 76 of them ... probably not, but the point of the season is not to go 18-1 ... the point of every season is to win a World Title ... and I can't place you near the top of my list if you fail to do so.
    I can see your way of looking at it but I thik we have to look at TEAM here.
    Not wins and losses.
    This team was assembled has the most talent of any other team in the modern era.
    I agree that winning the Superbowl is a factor.
    Hell, look at the 98 Vikings.
    Again, one of the best teams ever to play the game.
    Never even mentioned because they didn't win the Superbowl.
    But let's be real here.
    The Pats are one of the most dominate teams, if not THE most dominate team ever to play.
    They have kicked ass and taken names all season.
    So, a couple of games were close.
    They still pulled them out and came through when they needed to.


    Bottom line here is this can be debated either way.
    I am looking at what they have done this year.
    Comparing them to the 72 Dolphins IMO this Pats team is better.
    More parity in the league now.
    The fins were a great team.
    Don't get me wrong.
    But this Pats team is awesome!

  7. #27
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ev

    Everytime Mercury Morris finds another sports hack to tell about how his Dolphins are best ever, a kitten dies.

  8. #28
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ever

    [size=12pt]'72 Dolphins don't want to face the truth[/size]
    by Mark Kriegel
    Updated: January 25, 2008, 1:40 PM EST
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #29
    pack93z's Avatar
    pack93z is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,465

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ever

    "Prophet" wrote:
    [size=12pt]'72 Dolphins don't want to face the truth[/size]
    by Mark Kriegel
    Updated: January 25, 2008, 1:40 PM EST
    Their 15 minutes are up.. maybe.. Pats have got to win one more. And they say Packers whine.

  10. #30
    wierstom is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    49

    Re: Mercury Morris on the Patriots: If They Win, They're the Second-Best Team Ever

    i am so sick of the 1972 dolphins if they could be in the shape they were then and the patriots in there current shape and they played 16 games in a row week after week the record would be pats 16 phins 0 total games. the phins had a perfect season 14 games the pats 16 game season so how can morris say they r better than pats

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-05-2007, 05:51 PM
  2. Patriots' leading rusher Sammy Morris to sit out rest of season
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 10:29 AM
  3. Patriots sign Sammy Morris
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-03-2007, 03:04 PM
  4. Vikings And Patriots Team Comparisons
    By michaelmazid in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-26-2006, 08:19 PM
  5. Patriots | Team has big holes to fill on special teams
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 07:27 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •