Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler

Was the McNair deal more of a steal than the Culpepper deal?

I just thought i would ask this question since i thought it was very interesting.

"SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

Re: Was the McNair deal more of a steal than the Culpepper deal?

"Jordan" wrote:
    I just thought i would ask this question since i thought it was very interesting.
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday when I saw the trade. I would say that McNair is a bigger steal because of the uncertainity with DC's knee. A solid quarterback for a fourth round pick is pretty good deal for the Ravens. McNair probably has at least 5 or 6 years left. But, time will tell.

Prophet Guest

On a related topic, what do you like more: avocados or pretzels?

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Better trade

Culpepper for a 2nd, he has a blown out knee and he played terribly before he blew out the knee and we got a second rounder this year.

McNair was league co-MVP in 2003 he is not hurt at the present time and all they got for him was a 4th rounder next year.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VikingKen is offline Starter

I'm not convinced the Culpepper deal was a steal. It just depends on who the real daunte was. The one year wonder or the turnover machine? Either way he wasn't the same after the boat, the injury and the coaching change. Matt Birk was on the sidelines for every home game and Daunte showed up to one game and sat up in the box. IMHO Coach Childress saw what Cullpepper had become. Steal? I honestly don't know about that.

McNair has been co-MVP. McNair has been 5 seconds away from winning a superbowl. I know I saw him with his team on the sidelines when he was hurt. I've never heard about McNair shooting dice on the back of a "team" party cruise boat. Steal? I'm thinking as a short term fix in Baltimore... yes

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

"Prophet" wrote:
    pretzels, with avocado spread.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"Prophet" wrote:
    :grin: now that's funny.

Baltimore got the best of these trades. A measly 4th rounder for a proven winner and leader on the field.

TN blew it, IMO... and showed a distinct lack of class by treating the face of their organization so poorly.

I personally think that the Vikes received fair compensation for Dainty, due to all the "unknowns"surrounding him (i.e. knee, attitude, tiny little fumble prone fingers, etc...). Miami took a big risk, but they have a solid backup in Joey so I think they'll be all right. I honestly think that Dainty is finished as a premier QB in this league, but I also realize that I may be just a bit biased ops: ...time will tell, I guess.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

Come on, you have to believe somewhere deep down that the Dolphins got a steal. Daunte threw 39 td passes two years ago. They gave us a second round draft pick for someone who was believed to be a top 5 qb in the league.

McNair is old and beat up. He won't play the full season and the Ravens offense probably won't do anything. The Dolphins on the other hand basically got Daunte Culpepper for Ryan Cook.
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Was the McNair deal more of a steal than the Culpepper d

"VikingKen" wrote:
    I'm not convinced the Culpepper deal was a steal. It just depends on who the real daunte was. The one year wonder or the turnover machine? Either way he wasn't the same after the boat, the injury and the coaching change. Matt Birk was on the sidelines for every home game and Daunte showed up to one game and sat up in the box. IMHO Coach Childress saw what Cullpepper had become. Steal? I honestly don't know about that.

McNair has been co-MVP. McNair has been 5 seconds away from winning a superbowl. I know I saw him with his team on the sidelines when he was hurt. I've never heard about McNair shooting dice on the back of a "team" party cruise boat. Steal? I'm thinking as a short term fix in Baltimore... yes
    McNair would be considered a worthless piece of shit for being a superbowl loser on this board (and other board filled with emotional fans). Oh and he would also be considered an injury prone player worse than Michael Bennett or the current player labeled as injury prone, MeMo.

The grass is greener on the other side of the fence, just ask any cow.

I believe that both of the QBs are good, it depends on their team situations as to which one will be the better steal.

Long term I like DC's chances better. Short term, I think McNair will do better, he is reunited with his old WR and he (cross finger) is healthy right now, as close to 100 percent as he ever will be again, the wear and tear factor of age and hits.

Pretzel, I can eat them alone. No way can I eat an avocado by itself.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

McNair is a lot older and beat up. He has missed a lot of games the past few seasons. Culpepper is more of a risk, but has a lot more potential to still be a productive Qb.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast