Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:McNabb traded to Redskins for picks.

to be fair, Quinn was drafted to the browns. Hard for anybody to look good on that team LOL!

gregair13 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    I love this. Now if only the vikings would trade up to the raiders pick and snag clausen before someone else does. unless the skins still go with clausen, but i think they will go okung unless the lions take him over suh and mccoy.

I did see a mock draft where suh slipped to the 8th pick, now if the vikings had that pick and suh slipped to the 8th and so did clausen, who would you take? Clausen or Suh?
    Sure Suh is a great player, but I still do not see how he even makes it to the Raiders. If we were to move all the way up to their pick, it would cost us a 2nd and a 1st next year. Way too much cost for a quarterback who doesn't even start this year (and one I think will be a huge bust).
    You never know. Weirder things have happened on draft day.

The teams with pick 1 to 6 don't need a QB. Holmgren "wished he liked Clausen more". Al Davis has gone mad some time ago and I'm still putting my money on him going with JaMarcus and drafting a physical freak. The Bills, reportedly, would like to see what their QBs could do when they can stand in the pocket for more than 2 seconds. I think that the Jags still like Garrard and that they would like to see what he can do if he actually has a weapon.

Of course, the Browns and Bills could just be putting up some screens.

Then you have the 49ers at 13 and 17, but no other team between 10 and 26 needs a QB. He could be falling far. And you could be in prime position to trade up into the early 20s if he does make it past the 49ers.

It happened to Rodgers and Quinn pretty recently. You never know.
    Well how did that work out for Quinn? And where was he from? And where is Clausen from? Exactly.
    Holy crap. You're right.

Remember what college Aaron Rodgers came from, though? Tedford gave the NFL two stinkers in Harrington and Boller before the Packers drafted Rodgers.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

What I forgot to add is that Clausen would come into the perfect situation. Sitting behind Favre for a year. Having Chiller as his coach.

I miss the edit button. Badly.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Edit button is for chumps. I guess I just do not like Clausen. Most likely to bust in my opinion. But now Colt McCoy, if he was there at 30, I would do a backflip if we got him.

Adam_Schefter

One blockbuster trade will dictate the futures of two franchises for years to come. The football world will sit back, watch and judge.
    We're bringing purple back.

ForceOfNorse is offline Starter

I'm glad that's over. Let's face it, we've gone out to get too many old QB's (exception: Favre) to get us to the top. Every 1 has just been a shadow of his old self once he put the Purple on.

I'm betting that we go for DB help right away, so I think we might be looking at a Tony Pike (Univ. Cincy), or maybe a Dan LeFevour (Western or Central Michigan???(I forget)) in maybe a 3rd round.
    Just a guess though.

Blog Entries

ForceOfNorse wrote:
    I'm glad that's over. Let's face it, we've gone out to get too many old QB's (exception: Favre) to get us to the top. Every 1 has just been a shadow of his old self once he put the Purple on.

I'm betting that we go for DB help right away, so I think we might be looking at a Tony Pike (Univ. Cincy), or maybe a Dan LeFevour (Western or Central Michigan???(I forget)) in maybe a 3rd round.
    Just a guess though.
    too many?

I'd love to know of one who was ever worth a damn. Just Brad Johnson is all that comes to mind. Brooks Bollinger? Kelly Holcomb? Gus Frerotte? Nope, they do nothing for me.

I really don't want to draft another project QB. Having a project QB learning behind another project(TJ) does no good.
    The more I think about it, the more I want to draft Colt McCoy.

hoytlakesviking wrote:
    JPPT1974 wrote:
    Eagles IMHO, made a dumb mistake trading McNabb. As the fans seemed to have wanted to get rid of him.

wait until kolb doesnt live up to the hype and eagle fans are calling for vick. :laugh:
    i cant wait until the season starts.

I actually think Kolb will be pretty decent. Philly and their fans show how classless they are over and again. I hope McRibb lights them up twice a year!

Too many. Yes!!!! How about Warren Moon, or Jim McMahon?

Blog Entries

ForceOfNorse wrote:
    Too many. Yes!!!! How about Warren Moon, or Jim McMahon?
    oh, well if we're going that far back, then yes, that seems to be our trend.

I still think we need to do the right thing and pick a QB early. Gives us the best chance of having a guy who will actually pan out.

Someone posted some stats. Out of all the second round QB's in the past decade, only Brees ever turned out to be a good franchise QB.

I agree with you whole-heartedly, my Purple-Lovin' Brother!!!!I'm on the McCoy sled (not bandwagon).LOL. However, I've been hearing some really good things on Clausen (hate to say it).

I believe that there is alot of really excellent DB's out there this year. I'd love to see us move up in the 1st round and pick up a rising star!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast