Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:McNabb traded to Redskins for picks.

I love this. Now if only the vikings would trade up to the raiders pick and snag clausen before someone else does. unless the skins still go with clausen, but i think they will go okung unless the lions take him over suh and mccoy.

I did see a mock draft where suh slipped to the 8th pick, now if the vikings had that pick and suh slipped to the 8th and so did clausen, who would you take? Clausen or Suh?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

PerplexedPopcorn is offline Waterboy

McNabb Gone to Redskins

Just been announced. Washington got him from Philly, for a 2nd Rounder, and probably other incentives..Bottom line do you all think it was a good decision for both sides? Given so close to the Draft Day?

It looks pretty good for Washington though. Mcnabbs what, 32? they have a HOF qb for the next 3,4 years maybe. Got someone for him to groom...but I feel bad for Josh Campbell..

Thoughts, opinions?
    None

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: McNabb Gone to Redskins

Old news.

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/16-general-nfl-discussion/1046930-mcnabb-traded-to-redskins-for-picks
    We're bringing purple back.

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I love this. Now if only the vikings would trade up to the raiders pick and snag clausen before someone else does. unless the skins still go with clausen, but i think they will go okung unless the lions take him over suh and mccoy.

I did see a mock draft where suh slipped to the 8th pick, now if the vikings had that pick and suh slipped to the 8th and so did clausen, who would you take? Clausen or Suh?
    Sure Suh is a great player, but I still do not see how he even makes it to the Raiders. If we were to move all the way up to their pick, it would cost us a 2nd and a 1st next year. Way too much cost for a quarterback who doesn't even start this year (and one I think will be a huge bust).

hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp

good job by the redskins. why get a questionable qb thru the draft. now they have their franchise qb and they still have their first round pick. maybe they could trade their first round for brandon marshall or get dez bryant on draft day. i would rather see jason campell be a viking than mcnabb. mcnabb only has a few good years left anyways.
    None

gregair13 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:

Sure Suh is a great player, but I still do not see how he even makes it to the Raiders. If we were to move all the way up to their pick, it would cost us a 2nd and a 1st next year. Way too much cost for a quarterback who doesn't even start this year (and one I think will be a huge bust).
    You never know. Weirder things have happened on draft day.

The teams with pick 1 to 6 don't need a QB. Holmgren "wished he liked Clausen more". Al Davis has gone mad some time ago and I'm still putting my money on him going with JaMarcus and drafting a physical freak. The Bills, reportedly, would like to see what their QBs could do when they can stand in the pocket for more than 2 seconds. I think that the Jags still like Garrard and that they would like to see what he can do if he actually has a weapon.

Of course, the Browns and Bills could just be putting up some screens.

Then you have the 49ers at 13 and 17, but no other team between 10 and 26 needs a QB. He could be falling far. And you could be in prime position to trade up into the early 20s if he does make it past the 49ers.

It happened to Rodgers and Quinn pretty recently. You never know.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i'd love to get clausen. but i feel the vikings will go with TJ/Sage if favre retires and draft defense on draft day.

i also hope we move up and snag clausen or else draft a saftey or cornerback in the first round.
    None

JPPT1974 is offline Starter

Eagles IMHO, made a dumb mistake trading McNabb. As the fans seemed to have wanted to get rid of him.
    NFL 2013 is Here!

JPPT1974 wrote:
    Eagles IMHO, made a dumb mistake trading McNabb. As the fans seemed to have wanted to get rid of him.

wait until kolb doesnt live up to the hype and eagle fans are calling for vick. :laugh:
    i cant wait until the season starts.
    None

Rockmolder wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:

You never know. Weirder things have happened on draft day.

The teams with pick 1 to 6 don't need a QB. Holmgren "wished he liked Clausen more". Al Davis has gone mad some time ago and I'm still putting my money on him going with JaMarcus and drafting a physical freak. The Bills, reportedly, would like to see what their QBs could do when they can stand in the pocket for more than 2 seconds. I think that the Jags still like Garrard and that they would like to see what he can do if he actually has a weapon.

Of course, the Browns and Bills could just be putting up some screens.

Then you have the 49ers at 13 and 17, but no other team between 10 and 26 needs a QB. He could be falling far. And you could be in prime position to trade up into the early 20s if he does make it past the 49ers.

It happened to Rodgers and Quinn pretty recently. You never know.
    Well how did that work out for Quinn? And where was he from? And where is Clausen from? Exactly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast