Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:McNabb to the Rams on the table

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Wonder how much of an effect having his former OC has on that statement?

I don't see players without a connection to the team saying they want to be a Viking. Favre had Bevell, and was a division rival. That had more of an effect than anything I think. McNabb has Childress, his old OC.

I have yet to see a 'star' player out of the division saying they want to be a Viking.
    ??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    Funny, I seem to recall him coming in for a visit, but not signing. He entertained the thought because we were a good club, but unlike Favre and McNabb, before we started showing interest, he never said he wanted to be a Viking
    LT
    Literally, the same as TJ

so, I have yet to see a player without viking connections to say out of the blue, he wants to be a Viking.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I don't see players without a connection to the team saying they want to be a Viking. Favre had Bevell, and was a division rival. That had more of an effect than anything I think. McNabb has Childress, his old OC.

I have yet to see a 'star' player out of the division saying they want to be a Viking.
    ??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    Funny, I seem to recall him coming in for a visit, but not signing. He entertained the thought because we were a good club, but unlike Favre and McNabb, before we started showing interest, he never said he wanted to be a Viking
    LT

so, I have yet to see a player without viking connections to say out of the blue, he wants to be a Viking.
    When was the last time I told you that you crack me up?

Did you read this part or did you delete it cause it didn't work with your followon discussion points.....

Did they all say they wanted to be a Vike or actually wind up here? No, but suffice it to say we are getting a better class of visitor now than we have in along time which flies directly into the face of the crew around here who said it wasn't ever gonna happen
    Your almost getting as bad as my good friend Mars when it comes to twisting my words so that they fit thier means.

LOL, its ok though. As long as the discussion keeps going. Thats all I'm really here for anyways.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    LT

Did you read this part or did you delete it cause it didn't work with your followon discussion points.....

Did they all say they wanted to be a Vike or actually wind up here? No, but suffice it to say we are getting a better class of visitor now than we have in along time which flies directly into the face of the crew around here who said it wasn't ever gonna happen
    Your almost getting as bad as my good friend Mars when it comes to twisting my words so that they fit thier means.

LOL, its ok though. As long as the discussion keeps going. Thats all I'm really here for anyways.
    I didn't think I needed to repeat it, as I said something similar above it.

But here you go, just to make you happy
    I seem to recall a couple years ago under Tice we landed about 3 players just as good or better than the ones you mentioned, all in the same season. Sharper: Stud. Pat: Stud. Longwell: Money. A couple years before, Winfield.

It has nothing to do with the coach. If a team is good, they'll attract attention. If a team is a few pieces away, and you happen to be one of those pieces, you'll check that team out. Its how it works, it how it has always worked.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    LT

I seem to recall a couple years ago under Tice we landed about 3 players just as good or better than the ones you mentioned, all in the same season. Sharper: Stud. Pat: Stud. Longwell: Money. A couple years before, Winfield.

It has nothing to do with the coach. If a team is good, they'll attract attention. If a team is a few pieces away, and you happen to be one of those pieces, you'll check that team out. Its how it works, it how it has always worked.
    You actually think the "Quality" of those teams attracked those players?

You might want to go back and revisit the whole process by which they were brought in.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    LT

You might want to go back and revisit the whole process by which they were brought in.
    Yes I do. Lets think back to 2004. We had a very good offense, a poor but improving defense. You might notice, our additions of Leber, Sharper and Pat addressed a few of our issues. Do you think they came here just because Tice bought them a nice steak? No. They liked the team and the opportunity.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    LT

Yes I do. Lets think back to 2004. We had a very good offense, a poor but improving defense. You might notice, our additions of Leber, Sharper and Pat addressed a few of our issues. Do you think they came here just because Tice bought them a nice steak? No. They liked the team and the opportunity.
    So what happened to 2005 if that team was that good after the addition of those quality players?

I'll tell ya what happened, they stunk bad enough to get the HC fired and the rest of them jettisoned as soon as the new guy arrived.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

PackSux! wrote:
    This would actually be a good move in my opinion.

Rams get Mcnabb via a trade and then draft Suh. The Rams would have a pretty good defensive line in the next coming years with Suh and Long being the leaders.

Not to mention I do not want to see Suh get drafted by the Lions, which is another team to watch out for next season.
    If you are trading for a guy like McNabb, you think you have a shot at winning right now. The rams are not one of those teams.

And the lions are the lions. Never worry.
    We're bringing purple back.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    LT

So what happened to 2005 if that team was that good after the addition of those quality players?

I'll tell ya what happened, they stunk bad enough to get the HC fired and the rest of them jettisoned as soon as the new guy arrived.
    What they thought would happen and what happened are two different things. If player knew what would happen, don't you think they'd only sign with the team that will win the superbowl that year? everyone, us, players, teams, 'experts' had us as a superbowl contending team that season. We started strong, but sucked at the end of the season.

is it really necessary to quote in every single post?...sry, just bugs me..makes it a hassle to read on the phone or just in general
    Ponder this....

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

gamecock_fo_life wrote:
    is it really necessary to quote in every single post?...sry, just bugs me..makes it a hassle to read on the phone or just in general
    In short, the answer is yes. Get used to it.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast