Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:McNabb to the Rams on the table

jmcdon00 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    This'd change the entire draft. All of a sudden, the Buccaneers could find themselfs without a DT again. Teams will try to break into the top 3 picks, to snatch Bradford, before the Redskins get a shot at him.

I like this trade for the Rams. That team is not as far away as they appear to be. At least on offense. The irony is that Donovan will go right back to the start. He finally gets a good WR group and gets thrown onto a team that has no real nr. 1.

Otogwe wll be a good addition to the Eagles' DB group. The 33th pick will allow them to get some good talent. Part of me is hoping that the Eagles will fail now, just to let the asswhipe fans know how good McNabb was. The ones that kept on booing him.
    +1, Those ungrateful fans deserve a few years at the bottom to show them how lucky they were.
    Kinda like a certain other team had to go through a similar process after trading their franchise QB.

jk,
    I'm not sure this would mean that the Rams are out of the running for Bradford though. McNabb isn't getting any younger and Bradford can learn from the bench. Talk about a great mentor.
    What none of the talking heads have said yet in all of this, maybe, just maybe the Rams have a 2nd or 3rd option with respect to getting a VET.

If one looks at it, the next one inline that fix the scheme is TJ.

If someone outbids the Rams, do they then offer TJ a job?

By the way, you don't take a Bradford at number 1 and not play him. I think this is a clear indicator that he hasn't checked out medically, at least medically enough to warrant that high of a pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:
    This'd change the entire draft. All of a sudden, the Buccaneers could find themselfs without a DT again. Teams will try to break into the top 3 picks, to snatch Bradford, before the Redskins get a shot at him.

I like this trade for the Rams. That team is not as far away as they appear to be. At least on offense. The irony is that Donovan will go right back to the start. He finally gets a good WR group and gets thrown onto a team that has no real nr. 1.

Otogwe wll be a good addition to the Eagles' DB group. The 33th pick will allow them to get some good talent. Part of me is hoping that the Eagles will fail now, just to let the asswhipe fans know how good McNabb was. The ones that kept on booing him.
    +1, Those ungrateful fans deserve a few years at the bottom to show them how lucky they were.
    Kinda like a certain other team had to go through a similar process after trading their franchise QB.

jk,
    I'm not sure this would mean that the Rams are out of the running for Bradford though. McNabb isn't getting any younger and Bradford can learn from the bench. Talk about a great mentor.
    What none of the talking heads have said yet in all of this, maybe, just maybe the Rams have a 2nd or 3rd option with respect to getting a VET.

By the way, you don't take a Bradford at number 1 and not play him. I think this is a clear indicator that he hasn't checked out medically, at least medically enough to warrant that high of a pick.
    Or it's just that the Rams don't like Bradford that much. I'm not that sold on him. Of course, his injury status is something that weighs in, as well, but he isn't flawless except from that.

Spagnuolo was on the defensive staff of the Eagles from 1999 till 2006. He played him twice a year as the DC of the Giants from 2007-2008.

The heart and soul of his NYG team was his D-line. There happens to be a DT in this draft who's also the best player on nearly every board.

I think that there are multiple reasons for him to make this trade.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

jk,

Or Vick or Campbell or Clemens.

I'm just wondering if Jackson has Daunte Culpepper for an now agent with the lack of interest in him around the league other than the Vikes 3rd round tender. The Seahawks could have gotten Jackson cheaper than Whitehurst and Elvis sighting are more frequent than a Jackson rumor.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

This would actually be a good move in my opinion.

Rams get Mcnabb via a trade and then draft Suh. The Rams would have a pretty good defensive line in the next coming years with Suh and Long being the leaders.

Not to mention I do not want to see Suh get drafted by the Lions, which is another team to watch out for next season.

Rockmolder wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

jk,

Or it's just that the Rams don't like Bradford that much. I'm not that sold on him. Of course, his injury status is something that weighs in, as well, but he isn't flawless except from that.

Spagnuolo was on the defensive staff of the Eagles from 1999 till 2006. He played him twice a year as the DC of the Giants from 2007-2008.

The heart and soul of his NYG team was his D-line. There happens to be a DT in this draft who's also the best player on nearly every board.

I think that there are multiple reasons for him to make this trade.
    I hear ya, and I am one of the last to use cliche's on here, however, if you can land a Franchise QB you do it. Obviously Bradford and Clausen aren't Franchise QB's. At least to the Rams.

It will be interesting to see how far they both slip.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikinggreg wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:
    Rockmolder wrote:

jk,

Or Vick or Campbell or Clemens.

I'm just wondering if Jackson has Daunte Culpepper for an now agent with the lack of interest in him around the league other than the Vikes 3rd round tender. The Seahawks could have gotten Jackson cheaper than Whitehurst and Elvis sighting are more frequent than a Jackson rumor.
    I'll give ya Clemens, however, I don't think Campbell and Vick are cats that are suited to run it.

As to TJ, I wouldn't think he would garner alot of interest right now. Lets see what happens after the draft or a week or so leading up to it.

Report: Vikings Would Be Donovan McNabb's 'First Choice' if Traded

You know what I find funniest in all of this? Just another "Star" player that wants to come play for the Vikes.

Were is that crowd that said that until we get rid of the Chiller we won't see this happen?

Comeon, own up to it. I know who you are.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Wonder how much of an effect having his former OC has on that statement?

I don't see players without a connection to the team saying they want to be a Viking. Favre had Bevell, and was a division rival. That had more of an effect than anything I think. McNabb has Childress, his old OC.

I have yet to see a 'star' player out of the division saying they want to be a Viking.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Wonder how much of an effect having his former OC has on that statement?

I don't see players without a connection to the team saying they want to be a Viking. Favre had Bevell, and was a division rival. That had more of an effect than anything I think. McNabb has Childress, his old OC.

I have yet to see a 'star' player out of the division saying they want to be a Viking.
    ??????
    JA
    Who'syourmomma
    LT

Did they all say they wanted to be a Vike or actually wind up here? No, but suffice it to say we are getting a better class of visitor now than we have in along time which flies directly into the face of the crew around here who said it wasn't ever gonna happen.

By the way, let us keep winning/getting better and it will even get better.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast