Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ibleedpurple06 is offline Training Camp

Re: McGahee traded to Ravens

even with 2 3rd's and a 7th i think that is one heck of a deal for the ravens. He will be a good fit there.

NYVikingFan is offline Rookie

"Odin" wrote:
    Seems like a stupid move by Buffalo. According to what I've read, he was pretty much traded because the Bills anticipated difficult contract negotiations next year. Now they have no sure option, and they gave up a really solid starter for modest picks. Anything can happen in a season's time. He could have had a lackluster year and re-signed for less than what the team is predicting; furthermore, Buffalo is almost always in the top 5 for cap space (This year was 33.0 Million PRIOR to the March cuts). They should use some of their space to, you know, not suck.
    I live in Buffalo Bills country and he was adament about not wanting to be here.
    He wanted the team to be moved to Toronto.
    By the way I am a University of Miami fan and have followed McGahee since college.
    He will be successful in Baltimore.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

"NYVikingFan" wrote:
    "Odin" wrote:
    Seems like a stupid move by Buffalo. According to what I've read, he was pretty much traded because the Bills anticipated difficult contract negotiations next year. Now they have no sure option, and they gave up a really solid starter for modest picks. Anything can happen in a season's time. He could have had a lackluster year and re-signed for less than what the team is predicting; furthermore, Buffalo is almost always in the top 5 for cap space (This year was 33.0 Million PRIOR to the March cuts). They should use some of their space to, you know, not suck.
    I read that too, but from my understanding, his comments were supposedly taken out of context.

I could definitely enjoy living in Canada!
    I live in Buffalo Bills country and he was adament about not wanting to be here.
    He wanted the team to be moved to Toronto.
    By the way I am a University of Miami fan and have followed McGahee since college.
    He will be successful in Baltimore.
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

POSTED 3:13 p.m. EST; LAST UPDATED 4:05 p.m. EST, March 8, 2007

McGAHEE DEAL:
    SEVEN YEARS, $40.12 MILLION

We're told that the Ravens and running back Willis McGahee are very close to agreeing on a seven-year deal worth $40.12 million.

As we previously explained, McGahee will receive $7.5 million to sign, an initial option bonus of $6 million, and a second option bonus of $1.5 million.
    The salaries are $595,000 in 2007, $605,000 in 2008, $620,000 in 2009, $3.6 million in 2010, $6.0 million in 2011, $6.5 million in 2012, and $7.2 million in 2013.

Since McGahee was due to earn $2.155 million in 2007, the deal is essentially a six-year extension worth $37.965 million.

If the Ravens cut McGahee before the back-end salaries kick in, he will earn a total of $20.42 million over four years.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12