Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Maurice Clarett to be released by the Broncos

IMO he deserves everything he gets. Can't fight the system. To think Denver even gave him EVERY chance in the book to succeed also ...

English Vike is offline Starter

i think everyone is pretty much right with the bashing of him

however, i say well, im not sure the pick was such an awful one, what it was was a big risk, rarely do you get the chance to pick up a rb who did the things that he did in his college career in the 3rd round, alright there are reasons he dropped down like that but the truth is the draft is a gamble anyway and i think it was a chance worth taking, likely failure but potential great rewards, turns out it didnt work out, but i dont think it was the stupid decision some of you guys seem to be making out, it was a big risk, i like to see people take a chance in the draft. its not exactly like any 3rd rounder is a sure bet.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    HAHA.. I wonder where he will end up? I knew this was coming anyway.. That's a 3rd round pick down the drain for them! They could have waited until the 7th round to get him im sure.. Even pick him up in the free agency
    Not necessarily...supposedly the Rams and Cowboys were looking at him in the fourth round! I wish that it was the Cowboys that would have gotten burnt though!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"English Vike" wrote:
    i think everyone is pretty much right with the bashing of him

however, i say well, im not sure the pick was such an awful one, what it was was a big risk, rarely do you get the chance to pick up a rb who did the things that he did in his college career in the 3rd round, alright there are reasons he dropped down like that but the truth is the draft is a gamble anyway and i think it was a chance worth taking, likely failure but potential great rewards, turns out it didnt work out, but i dont think it was the stupid decision some of you guys seem to be making out, it was a big risk, i like to see people take a chance in the draft. its not exactly like any 3rd rounder is a sure bet.
    Yeah, remember we invested a fourth round pick in some guy named Onterrio, who had many problems in college....oh yeah, and then there was that Randy Moss guy that nobody wanted to touch. Sometimes you gotta take a chance...but I think that Clarett didn't want to work hard enough in Denver...he needs to get his head together and realize that no one is gonna hand him a job on a silver platter, no matter what his opinion of his talent leve is...he is gonna have to suck up little injuries and play through them to earn a job in the NFL...if he doesn't, he will be a footnote in history! Good luck, Maurice!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123