Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Maurice Clarett to be released by the Broncos

HAHA.. I wonder where he will end up? I knew this was coming anyway.. That's a 3rd round pick down the drain for them! They could have waited until the 7th round to get him im sure.. Even pick him up in the free agency

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

if u have seen that bang cartoon with shanahan you would understand why the broncos drafted clarett.

Banana_Fish is offline Training Camp

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    HAHA.. I wonder where he will end up? I knew this was coming anyway.. That's a 3rd round pick down the drain for them! They could have waited until the 7th round to get him im sure.. Even pick him up in the free agency
    Actually I recall the ESPN commentator on draft day say that Dallas or some team wanted to pick him up in the 4th round and since Denver didnt have a 4th round pick (if i recall right) they had to pick him with the 3rd round pick if at all they wanted to.

Personally i wasnt too much against the pick. I belong to the camp that believes that speed is often a over-rated attribute in RBs.. and I also thought that he would get better with conditioning.. but apparantly it looks like i was wrong!!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Demetrius Underwood thinks that the Broncos wasted their pick with this guy. I wish Clarett the worst.

[color=red]

TATEone is offline Starter

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I got one word for Clarett....
    Exactly!
    HA HA....
    Buckeyes suck!
    I voluntarily agree to not indulge in any alcohol, drugs, or engage in any other illegal activity that may in any way jeopardize the years of hard work we as a team have committed to our goal of a championship season in '76.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"TATEone" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    I got one word for Clarett....
    Exactly!
    HA HA....
    Buckeyes suck!
    If you're agreeing with being against Clarett, and you're saying the Buckeyes suck you're contradicting yourself. I'm pretty certain that if you asked Clarett, he'd tell you the Buckeyes suck too.

The one thing I didn't like about that article is it said he turned his back on OSU. I feel that it was the other way around. Granted, he may have been in the wrong, but the university basically sold him out, rather than coming clean.

I am actually an Ohio St fan, but I'm pretty confident that there is a lot of fishy stuff going on at most of the big D-1 schools.

You guys have probably never heard the name Omar Provitt, but I went to high school at Warren G. Harding, the same place where Clarett went, the same place where Korey Stringer went, the place that merged with the high school where Joey Browner went. Omar Provitt played in the early 90's and was clearly the best RB that Harding ever saw(possibly the best football player ever). This is a school that usually beats Massillon, a school they made a documentary about. A school that if they make the state championship and lose (like the Permian Panthers of Friday Night Lights), they have a minimum of 5 players with D-1 scholarships(my senior year there were 4 and they lost in the 2nd rd of the playoffs), unlike Permian's one. Anyway, Provitt was dominant. He led them to the state championship, broke just about all the records, but he let his grades slip. He would have been a sure fire stud in college, likely in the NFL too, but he didn't try to get his grades together or get into a big college (OSU actually rejected him due to grades, off the field problems). He ended up signing a contract to play in the CFL with I believe a 1 million dollar signing bonus. From what I understand now, he's into crack.

Now, people give Clarett a lot of crap, but he's still got a chance. He's a talented kid, a nice kid, and smarter than a lot of people give him credit for. I'm still hoping he succeeds. I believe another team will give him a shot, it might not be this year, but in time.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Del Rio Guest

Denver is the best team in the NFL at taking a no name guy and making him a solid runner.

If they dump a RB I would stay away from him, it can't be good.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Maybe the Raiders will pick him up, he would fit right in!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Swamination is offline Rookie

What a great way to piss a third round draft pick.

Why did Denver drafted a RB anyways? They have too many good ones to be drafting another one. There was just no room for the kid.

Someone will pick him up, and who knows what will happen.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Its not like the guy JUST got cut (which happens to a lot of players).

He got cut instead of Ron Dayne,

Even after the team invested a third round pick in him.

Yikes. What a tool.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast