Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    After seeing the footage, former Cowboys and Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson - who works as a host on Fox's pregame show - said on the show: "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us."
    Jimmy was taping too
    Johnson is notoriously good friends with Belichik and has been standing up for him from the start... he's just being a friend and trying to brush it under the rug...

What I really love is how all the tapes are from REGULAR SEASON games only... There was a Super Bowl tape, but I guarantee that it was part of the agreement that the SB tape was immediately destroyed.

Wonder... why would a team named the "Patriots" win 3-out of-4 of the first four post 9-11 Super Bowls? After winning Zero before that? Ever wonder why it was the FIRST GAME BACK after 9/11 that Brady took over for Bledsoe? Ever wonder why the NFL is covering up for the Patriots?

Simply honest questions that everyone should think about.
    And the only team to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl was from New York....hmmmm

How do the Colts fit into this conspiracy ???
    You think that because a different team won a SB (you could also mention TB... considering that's the one in the middle of the Pat's SBs)... that diminishes the theory at all? It's simple thought processes like that which allow these things to happen.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Offensive signals turn out to be no new evidence.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/10/last-word-on-offensive-signals/
    Presumably, the tape created by Walsh shows the hand signals made by offensive coaches to alert the players on the field, and on the sidelines, to the personnel groupings that would be used, such as two running backs, one tight end, and two wideouts, or two tight ends, one running back, and two receivers.

So there’s really nothing to it.
    And, as others have pointed out, the rule that the Pats broke relates to taping generally, not to the taping of offensive or defensive signals.

Thus, the presence of one tape with “offensive signals” doesn’t constitute the kind of new evidence that will land the team or coach Bill Belichick in a fresh vat of boiling water.
    Florio is a
    HUGE Putzie bandwagoner...his column has NO credibility on this issue...even though he attempts to pretend that he is being fair and balanced by throwing in a zinger or two dissing the Putzies.
    I would say that any bias he has toward the Pats is countered by, and has as much credibility, as your sheer hatred for them, at least in this forum.
    And I would say any sheer hatred Cajun has against the Putzies in this forum, is countered by your sheer love for them. LOL

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Presumably, the tape created by Walsh shows the hand signals made by offensive coaches to alert the players on the field, and on the sidelines, to the personnel groupings that would be used, such as two running backs, one tight end, and two wideouts, or two tight ends, one running back, and two receivers.

And, as others have pointed out, the rule that the Pats broke relates to taping generally, not to the taping of offensive or defensive signals.

Thus, the presence of one tape with “offensive signals” doesn’t constitute the kind of new evidence that will land the team or coach Bill Belichick in a fresh vat of boiling water.
    Florio is a
    HUGE Putzie bandwagoner...his column has NO credibility on this issue...even though he attempts to pretend that he is being fair and balanced by throwing in a zinger or two dissing the Putzies.
    I would say that any bias he has toward the Pats is countered by, and has as much credibility, as your sheer hatred for them, at least in this forum.
    And I would say any sheer hatred Cajun has against the Putzies in this forum, is countered by your sheer love for them. LOL

Really and truly though, how is it any different than posters on here who hate the Pukers with a passion?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

[size=13pt]Tale of the tape, revisited[/size]

Missteps on clarity kept confusion alive

By Mike Reiss
    Globe Staff
    boston.com

May 11, 2008

How did we get here?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Florio is a

Nope.
    Can't stand the Pats personally.
    I just don't let that cloud my judgment...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"C" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    After seeing the footage, former Cowboys and Dolphins coach Jimmy Johnson - who works as a host on Fox's pregame show - said on the show: "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us."
    Jimmy was taping too
    Johnson is notoriously good friends with Belichik and has been standing up for him from the start... he's just being a friend and trying to brush it under the rug...

What I really love is how all the tapes are from REGULAR SEASON games only... There was a Super Bowl tape, but I guarantee that it was part of the agreement that the SB tape was immediately destroyed.

Wonder... why would a team named the "Patriots" win 3-out of-4 of the first four post 9-11 Super Bowls? After winning Zero before that? Ever wonder why it was the FIRST GAME BACK after 9/11 that Brady took over for Bledsoe? Ever wonder why the NFL is covering up for the Patriots?

And the only team to beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl was from New York....hmmmm

You think that because a different team won a SB (you could also mention TB... considering that's the one in the middle of the Pat's SBs)... that diminishes the theory at all? It's simple thought processes like that which allow these things to happen.
    I don't even know where to begin...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    Jimmy was taping too

LOL! I wouldn't even touch that one. Since Wilf is from NY, I'm surprised they didn't weave him & the Vikings into it some how.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    [quote author=vikinggreg link=topic=44796.msg777957#msg777957 date=1210620830]
    Jimmy was taping too

LOL! I wouldn't even touch that one. Since Wilf is from NY, I'm surprised they didn't weave him & the Vikings into it some how.
    [/quote]

LOL, On this one, I think I'll take the blue pill.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24584682/

Walsh tapes show no rules violations by Pats

No, the most scandalous tidbit that emerged Tuesday after Walsh spent more than six hours meeting separately with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Sen. Arlen Specter? A snippet of tape that showed not football but close-ups of San Diego Chargers cheerleaders performing during a 2002 game.

Those BASTARDS!

;D

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/24584682/

Walsh tapes show no rules violations by Pats

No, the most scandalous tidbit that emerged Tuesday after Walsh spent more than six hours meeting separately with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and Sen. Arlen Specter? A snippet of tape that showed not football but close-ups of San Diego Chargers cheerleaders performing during a 2002 game.

Those BASTARDS!

;D
    BRILLIANT!

Those Chargers coaches are smarter than we thought. Use the cheerleaders to send in the signals & no one would be the wiser.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast