Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 177
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    Sorry to everyone who were hoping another huge conspiracy surrounding the Patriots.
    Turns out Matt Walsh was full of crap.

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/07/walsh-has-no-walk-through-tape/

    Former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has turned over videotapes to the NFL.
    As widely believed in NFL circles, and contrary to a February 2 report from the Boston Herald, the tapes do not include images of the Rams’ walk-through practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.
    ...
    The tapes show videotaping of defensive coaching signals, something for which the Patriots already have been punished.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/08/league-says-walsh-tapes-provide-no-new-evidence-of-cheating/

    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello suggested to the Boston Globe on Wednesday night that the Patriots will face no new discipline because of the tapes that former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has surrendered to the league.

    “This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew,” Aiello said.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    Surprise, surprise.
    Matt Walsh is a headline wanting, attention seeking nobody.
    While he still has a meeting with Goodell, I cannot imagine anything substantial coming out of this.

    p.s. Prepare to get your ass sued, Boston Globe for printing that "taped walk thru" story the day before the superbowl.

  3. #3
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Sorry to everyone who were hoping another huge conspiracy surrounding the Patriots.
    Turns out Matt Walsh was full of crap.

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/07/walsh-has-no-walk-through-tape/

    Former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has turned over videotapes to the NFL.
    As widely believed in NFL circles, and contrary to a February 2 report from the Boston Herald, the tapes do not include images of the Rams’ walk-through practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.
    ...
    The tapes show videotaping of defensive coaching signals, something for which the Patriots already have been punished.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/08/league-says-walsh-tapes-provide-no-new-evidence-of-cheating/

    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello suggested to the Boston Globe on Wednesday night that the Patriots will face no new discipline because of the tapes that former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has surrendered to the league.

    “This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew,” Aiello said.
    'Walsh never claimed that he had any tape of the Rams' walkthrough...though he never denied it either.

    “Mr. Walsh has never claimed to have a tape of the walk-through,” Walsh’s lawyer, Michael Levy, said in a telephone interview.
    “Mr. Walsh has never been the source of any of the media speculation about such a tape.
    Mr. Walsh was not the source for the Feb. 2 Boston Herald article.”'


    Fact is, the Herald (not the Globe) was the source of the Rams' rumor.

    And though Aiello stated that it was just more behavior that they already knew about, the fact that it has been proven that the Pats had engaged in taping signals illegally since 2000 IS significant.
    It shows a continuous pattern of intentional cheating, cheating that HAD to have some effect on the outcome of games (then otherwise, why even do it).
    Belichick is a proven cheater, and may not have even made it to that first Super Bowl had he not taped the AFC Championship game, the game BEFORE the Super Bowl.

    The Pats' championships will be tarnished from this point forward.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #4
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Surprise, surprise.
    Matt Walsh is a headline wanting, attention seeking nobody.
    While he still has a meeting with Goodell, I cannot imagine anything substantial coming out of this.

    p.s. Prepare to get your jiggly butt sued, Boston Globe for printing that "taped walk thru" story the day before the superbowl.
    The GLOBE won't get sued...since it wasn't them that broke the story.
    :P
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  5. #5
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    I think it is a big deal.
    Cheating to beat the lowly Jets is one thing, but the taping of other in division rivals, and the taping of that PIT playoff game shows it was not an isolated incident, but a regular practice that helped to forge their, "dynasty."
    To me, their three superbowl wins are now all questionable, and if I were PIT I would be really, really pissed!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Sorry to everyone who were hoping another huge conspiracy surrounding the Patriots.
    Turns out Matt Walsh was full of crap.

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/07/walsh-has-no-walk-through-tape/

    Former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has turned over videotapes to the NFL.
    As widely believed in NFL circles, and contrary to a February 2 report from the Boston Herald, the tapes do not include images of the Rams’ walk-through practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.
    ...
    The tapes show videotaping of defensive coaching signals, something for which the Patriots already have been punished.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/08/league-says-walsh-tapes-provide-no-new-evidence-of-cheating/

    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello suggested to the Boston Globe on Wednesday night that the Patriots will face no new discipline because of the tapes that former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has surrendered to the league.

    “This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew,” Aiello said.
    'Walsh never claimed that he had any tape of the Rams' walkthrough...though he never denied it either.

    “Mr. Walsh has never claimed to have a tape of the walk-through,” Walsh’s lawyer, Michael Levy, said in a telephone interview.
    “Mr. Walsh has never been the source of any of the media speculation about such a tape.
    Mr. Walsh was not the source for the Feb. 2 Boston Herald article.”'


    Fact is, the Herald (not the Globe) was the source of the Rams' rumor.

    And though Aiello stated that it was just more behavior that they already knew about, the fact that it has been proven that the Pats had engaged in taping signals illegally since 2000 IS significant. It shows a continuous pattern of intentional cheating, cheating that HAD to have some effect on the outcome of games (then otherwise, why even do it).
    Belichick is a proven cheater, and may not have even made it to that first Super Bowl had he not taped the AFC Championship game, the game BEFORE the Super Bowl.

    The Pats' championships will be tarnished from this point forward.
    But the NFL already knew that they were taping signals.
    And they already knew that the activity went back to at least 2000.
    Walsh's video gives us ZERO new information.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    "mountainviking" wrote:
    I think it is a big deal.
    Cheating to beat the lowly Jets is one thing, but the taping of other in division rivals, and the taping of that PIT playoff game shows it was not an isolated incident, but a regular practice that helped to forge their, "dynasty."
    To me, their three superbowl wins are now all questionable, and if I were PIT I would be really, really pissed!
    OK, how are their three Superbowl wins in question?
    The point of taping was to use the tapes for later study to try and determine the defensive signals.
    Unless they had played the opposing team recently (which I don't believe happened in any of their three super bowls), it really didn't apply.

    Plus, keep in mind that videotaping the defensive signals IS NOT AGAINST THE RULES.
    Videotaping them from the field level is.

    This shows me that the Patriots were indeed honest with the NFL when they turned over any tapes they had and they were honest when they disclosed to Goodell how long they had been doing it.

    None of the inflammatory things that Walsh was supposed to have had, like a walk through of the practice, actually existed.
    Nothing has changed.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #8
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    Perhaps we need to look at this a little more closely:

    Walsh’s tapes show that the Patriots recorded the signals of offensive and defensive coaches in regular-season games against the Miami Dolphins, the Buffalo Bills, the Cleveland Browns and the San Diego Chargers and against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2002 American Football Conference championship game. In that game, the tape has been edited to show Steelers coaches signaling plays, followed by two different camera angles of the actual plays that were called.
    Again, this is tape that is edited and used for study later - AFTER the game. There is no way this can be used for an immediate advantage, and therefore did NOT help them during the 2002 AFC Championship game, and could NOT help them during a superbowl.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #9
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,840

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    My [s]understanding[/s] guesstimate, is that they had staff studying the signals during the game and would use them to their advantage in the later stages of the games.
    Obviously, they play the Jets, Bills, and Dollfins twice a year and could use this info later on in the season vs. their division rivals.

    My question would be, why bother with the taping (paying a guy, camera and film cost etc) if you're not going to get anything out of it?
    Seems they had a reason.

    And, NE has played PIT in other games since then, and quite effectively.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  10. #10
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Matt Walsh tapes released - and there is pretty much nothing in them...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Sorry to everyone who were hoping another huge conspiracy surrounding the Patriots.
    Turns out Matt Walsh was full of crap.

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/07/walsh-has-no-walk-through-tape/

    Former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has turned over videotapes to the NFL.
    As widely believed in NFL circles, and contrary to a February 2 report from the Boston Herald, the tapes do not include images of the Rams’ walk-through practice prior to Super Bowl XXXVI.
    ...
    The tapes show videotaping of defensive coaching signals, something for which the Patriots already have been punished.
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/05/08/league-says-walsh-tapes-provide-no-new-evidence-of-cheating/

    NFL spokesman Greg Aiello suggested to the Boston Globe on Wednesday night that the Patriots will face no new discipline because of the tapes that former Pats video employee Matt Walsh has surrendered to the league.

    “This is consistent with what the Patriots had admitted they had been doing, consistent with what we already knew,” Aiello said.
    'Walsh never claimed that he had any tape of the Rams' walkthrough...though he never denied it either.

    “Mr. Walsh has never claimed to have a tape of the walk-through,” Walsh’s lawyer, Michael Levy, said in a telephone interview.
    “Mr. Walsh has never been the source of any of the media speculation about such a tape.
    Mr. Walsh was not the source for the Feb. 2 Boston Herald article.”'


    Fact is, the Herald (not the Globe) was the source of the Rams' rumor.

    And though Aiello stated that it was just more behavior that they already knew about, the fact that it has been proven that the Pats had engaged in taping signals illegally since 2000 IS significant. It shows a continuous pattern of intentional cheating, cheating that HAD to have some effect on the outcome of games (then otherwise, why even do it).
    Belichick is a proven cheater, and may not have even made it to that first Super Bowl had he not taped the AFC Championship game, the game BEFORE the Super Bowl.

    The Pats' championships will be tarnished from this point forward.
    But the NFL already knew that they were taping signals.
    And they already knew that the activity went back to at least 2000.
    Walsh's video gives us ZERO new information.
    The ORIGINAL tapes were destroyed...these won't be.

    The DIFFERENCE is that before we had to rely on what the NFL WANTED us to know (witness Goodell's initial statement regarding Spygate I and then later backtracking and admitting that there was more when Spygate II started...he would have never said anything otherwise).

    That alone is MORE information.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ex-Patriot Walsh asks for protection to release Spygate tapes
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-10-2008, 05:56 AM
  2. Replies: 119
    Last Post: 03-02-2008, 02:26 PM
  3. September Tapes
    By michaelmazid in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
  4. Game tapes
    By AngloVike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-09-2003, 07:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •