Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    This is in no way saying he will be the best Quarterback ever. The facts do not lie, Matt Ryan is thee best Rookie QB ever and he hasn't even finished the season yet. Lets compare him to another Quarterback who had a phenomenal rookie season: Dan Marino and I threw in a state favorite in Fran Tarkenton.

    [glow=red,2,300]Matt Ryan #2 (2008)[/glow]

    Completions: 277 of 366: 62%


    Yards: 2,940 with an average of 8.0 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 14TD, 7INT

    [glow=teal,2,300]Dan Marino #13 (1983)[/glow]

    Completions: 173 of 296: 58%

    Yards: 2,210 with an average of 7.5 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 20TD, 6INT

    [glow=purple,2,300]Fran Tarkenton #10 (1961)[/glow]

    Completions: 157 of 280: 56%

    Yards: 1,997 with an average of 7.1 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 18TD, 17INT

    Look at any Quarterback who has played a great rookie season and Matt Ryan is simply playing better. I believe we are witnessing the best rookie QB of all time. I challenge you to find a better rookie season.

    ~ERIK~

    Ok lets check out Ben Roethlisberger

    [glow=gold,2,300]Ben Roethlisberger #7 (2004)[/glow]

    Completions: 196 of 295: 66%

    Yards: 2,621 with an average of 8.9 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 17TD, 11INT

    Take note that Matt Ryan isn't finished with the season yet... The only real thing Ben has over Matt is the Average yards and completions.



  2. #2
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    That Marino year you posted is better ... he just did not start from day one. And Roethlisberger's rookie year is as good or better as well.
    But still few and far between.

  3. #3
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,279

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    Big Ben won the superbowl, that makes his season the best.

  4. #4
    erik5032's Avatar
    erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Oconto, WI
    Posts
    1,779

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Big Ben won the superbowl, that makes his season the best.
    Ben Roethlisberger inherited a much MUCH better team.. they won that Superbowl in spite of him IMHO... in fact the Steelers should never have won the Superbowl

  5. #5
    superman28 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    55

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    stats are all great and all ..... but when a rookie qb wins the big game his rookie year that makes it the best rookie year ever

  6. #6
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    What no TJack on the list? ;D

    Big Ben has had the best season. You take your team to the SB in your rookie year. You are doing something right.
    Ryan has played well and will probably win ROTY. But I don't know If I am ready to annoit him the best ever rookie Qb yet.

  7. #7
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Big Ben won the superbowl, that makes his season the best.
    UHHHHH ... Big Ben did not win the Super Bowl as a rookie. As a matter of fact NO ROOKIE QB has won the Super Bowl ... and I am pretty sure NO ROOKIE QB has played in a Super Bowl.

  8. #8
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    "erik5032" wrote:
    This is in no way saying he will be the best Quarterback ever. The facts do not lie, Matt Ryan is thee best Rookie QB ever and he hasn't even finished the season yet. Lets compare him to another Quarterback who had a phenomenal rookie season: Dan Marino and I threw in a state favorite in Fran Tarkenton.

    [glow=red,2,300]Matt Ryan #2 (2008)[/glow]

    Completions: 277 of 366: 62%


    Yards: 2,940 with an average of 8.0 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 14TD, 7INT

    [glow=teal,2,300]Dan Marino #13 (1983)[/glow]

    Completions: 173 of 296: 58%

    Yards: 2,210 with an average of 7.5 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 20TD, 6INT

    [glow=purple,2,300]Fran Tarkenton #10 (1961)[/glow]

    Completions: 157 of 280: 56%

    Yards: 1,997 with an average of 7.1 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 18TD, 17INT

    Look at any Quarterback who has played a great rookie season and Matt Ryan is simply playing better. I believe we are witnessing the best rookie QB of all time. I challenge you to find a better rookie season.

    ~ERIK~

    Ok lets check out Ben Roethlisberger

    [glow=gold,2,300]Ben Roethlisberger #7 (2004)[/glow]

    Completions: 196 of 295: 66%

    Yards: 2,621 with an average of 8.9 yards

    Touchdowns/Interceptions: 17TD, 11INT

    Take note that Matt Ryan isn't finished with the season yet... The only real thing Ben has over Matt is the Average yards and completions.


    Uh ... and wins ... hello 13-0!!! AFC Championship game ... HELLO! ... You play to win the game!

    By the way ... Marino and Roethlisberger both have better passer ratings, which incorporates ALL the stats together. Marino also had more TDs in his 9 starts than Ryan might get in the entire season.

  9. #9
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,311

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    "superman28" wrote:
    stats are all great and all ..... but when a rookie qb wins the big game his rookie year that makes it the best rookie year ever
    Well ... that has never happened ... so I guess we have to judge on stats.

    EDIT: Seriously ... three people in one thread are saying that Ben went to the Super Bowl as a rookie? C'mon people. Don't any of you remember his ass getting destroyed by the Patriots in Pittsburgh? That was his rookie year.

  10. #10
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    405

    Re: Matt Ryan, The Best Rookie QB Ever?

    "erik5032" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    Big Ben won the superbowl, that makes his season the best.
    Ben Roethlisberger inherited a much MUCH better team.. they won that Superbowl in spite of him IMHO... in fact the Steelers should never have won the Superbowl
    This falcons team is good, they just played like pooh in the wake of losing their quarterback last year, and were plagued with injuries. Not to mention Michael Turner was a stud back just waiting to get a chance to shine. Turner is the reason that offense is moving, Ryan is just benefiting from it. Kid's good, but he's not Marino or Big Ben

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 136
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 01:36 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-06-2009, 09:52 PM
  3. Vikings have their eyes on QB Matt Ryan
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 08:19 PM
  4. If our pick comes up at 17 and Matt Ryan and Derrick Harvey are long gone..
    By mewario in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 10:12 AM
  5. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 07:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •