Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    im just shocked that the broncos would offer so much

    Thanks josdin00

  2. #12
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    i wouldve accepted 2 1st rounds and 1 2nd round, nevermind al wilson and the 3rd round picks..good lord that was a cant miss deal..what a fricken nut
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  3. #13
    Griff is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    "olson_10" wrote:
    i wouldve accepted 2 1st rounds and 1 2nd round, nevermind al wilson and the 3rd round picks.
    .
    good lord that was a cant miss deal.
    .
    what a fricken nut
    Nah.

    Using a standard draft points chart like hxxp: www. sportznutz. com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart. htm , and figuring on the Broncos getting better, not worse, with the addition of CJ2.
    .
    .


    Lions #2 overall = 2600 points
    Broncos 17th pick = 950
    Broncos 17th pick 2008 = 950
    Broncos 49th pick = 410
    Broncos 81st pick = 185
    Broncos 81st pick 2008 = 185
    Total = 2480

    So, without a replacement for Al Wilson, the Lions would have gotten screwed in that deal, especially considering CJ2 , in many circles,
    is to WR's what Reggie Bush was last year to RB's - that really special someone that only comes along every 10 years or so.
    .
    .


    Never mind what would have happened if the Broncos marched on to a 12-4 season and went deep into the playoffs.


    It's easy to blast off on Millen, but let's face it - he crunched his numbers, and felt this was not a great deal for the Lions.

  4. #14
    Griff is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    Is there a particular reason why I can't use standard bb code (url=http. . . . . . )?

  5. #15
    Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,426

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    "Griff" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i wouldve accepted 2 1st rounds and 1 2nd round, nevermind al wilson and the 3rd round picks.
    .
    good lord that was a cant miss deal.
    .
    what a fricken nut
    Nah.

    Using a standard draft points chart like hxxp: www. sportznutz. com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart. htm , and figuring on the Broncos getting better, not worse, with the addition of CJ2.
    .
    .


    Lions #2 overall = 2600 points
    Broncos 17th pick = 950
    Broncos 7th pick 2008 = 950
    Broncos 49th pick = 410
    Broncos 81st pick = 185
    Broncos 81st pick 2008 = 185
    Total = 2480

    So, without a replacement for Al Wilson, the Lions would have gotten screwed in that deal, especially considering CJ2 , in many circles,
    is to WR's what Reggie Bush was last year to RB's - that really special someone that only comes along every 10 years or so.
    .
    .


    Never mind what would have happened if the Broncos marched on to a 12-4 season and went deep into the playoffs.


    It's easy to blast off on Millen, but let's face it - he crunched his numbers, and felt this was not a great deal for the Lions.
    There we go, I was wondering how long it would take for someone to whip out the ol' trusty draft value chart.


    I think you forgot to carry the 1 and move the slidey thing over.

    Ha I am just giving you a hard time, someone had to figure it all out but man do I hate those things.



    All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    "Griff" wrote:
    Is there a particular reason why I can't use standard bb code (url=http. . . . . . )?
    Posters will a small number of posts have some restrictions in their posts.
    One of them is posting http links.
    This is to help cut down on spammers and trolls.
    Once your post count gets a little higher, you will be able to post links.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    "Griff" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i wouldve accepted 2 1st rounds and 1 2nd round, nevermind al wilson and the 3rd round picks.
    .
    good lord that was a cant miss deal.
    .
    what a fricken nut
    Nah.

    Using a standard draft points chart like hxxp: www. sportznutz. com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart. htm , and figuring on the Broncos getting better, not worse, with the addition of CJ2.
    .
    .


    Lions #2 overall = 2600 points
    Broncos 17th pick = 950
    Broncos 17th pick 2008 = 950
    Broncos 49th pick = 410
    Broncos 81st pick = 185
    Broncos 81st pick 2008 = 185
    Total = 2480

    So, without a replacement for Al Wilson, the Lions would have gotten screwed in that deal, especially considering CJ2 , in many circles,
    is to WR's what Reggie Bush was last year to RB's - that really special someone that only comes along every 10 years or so.
    .
    .


    Never mind what would have happened if the Broncos marched on to a 12-4 season and went deep into the playoffs.


    It's easy to blast off on Millen, but let's face it - he crunched his numbers, and felt this was not a great deal for the Lions.
    Depends on your chart.
    I have long been of the opinion that the top ten picks in the popular draft charts are too inflated.
    Those numbers are basically derived from JJ's original chart, when there was a greater perceived talent between number 1 and number 10.

    This year was a fairly deep draft, especially in WR, which should have devalued the CJ pick a little more.
    That should have made the Bronco's trade worth more.
    Even if it didn't looking at the numbers you posted, they were only off by 120 points.
    Less than 5%, which is actually a pretty fair trade.

    Plus you have to look at not only the payer value, but also the overall value they bring to the team.
    CJ is an incredible player.
    But he can't win a superbowl by himself.
    Five good players can contribute more to a crappy team than one great one.

    In the end it all comes down to something that (I believe) Mike Morris said on draft day.
    The purpose of getting a top ten pick in the NFL draft is to endure that you won't be picking in the top ten again the next year.
    I think the Lions would have had a better chance to get out of the top ten next year if they had taken the trade.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,065

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    Hey, anyone think the Bronco's would trade us that for Williamson?????

    GET ON IT SPIELMAN!

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    "baumy300" wrote:
    Hey, anyone think the Bronco's would trade us that for Williamson?????

    GET ON IT SPIELMAN!
    I bet they'd give us Al Wilson! ;D
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    Griff is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Matt Millen Gives Lions Fans One More Reason to Hate Him

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    In the end it all comes down to something that (I believe) Mike Morris said on draft day.
    The purpose of getting a top ten pick in the NFL draft is to endure that you won't be picking in the top ten again the next year.
    I think the Lions would have had a better chance to get out of the top ten next year if they had taken the trade.
    By dropping down to #17 and getting a second and a pair of thirds in the exchange? Nope.
    Can't buy into that.
    Millen held out for something to replace Al Wilson, the Broncos refused.
    Pretty obvious to me the Broncos viewed Wilson as a throw-away anyhow, which meant they saw this injury coming. . .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Millen out as Lions GM
    By NodakPaul in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 09-25-2008, 12:59 PM
  2. Mock Draft From Imaginary Matt Millen
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 09:54 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 09:56 AM
  4. Lions Owner Won't Fire Matt Millen
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. Who Calls the Shots, Matt Millen or Mike Martz?
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 09:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •