Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Regardless of who it is these policies really need to be re-assessed.
    So a guy that breaks the law and has possession of cocaine only gets suspended for 3 games when people that take a pill not knowingly banned from the NFL to help them lose water weight gets automatic 4 game suspension.


    This falls under the same category as Allen using a ball as a prop getting fined 10K and Ogunleye blind-siding a defensless QB 5 seconds after he throws the ball doesn't get a penalty, a fine or nothing.
    Goodell is doing a great job at being consistent.

    Wait I have another one. Wade Wilson (QB Coach for Dallas last year) was suspended 5 games for taking medication to help his diabetes.
    I would like to see how HGH helps enhance his QB coaching skills.
    Yet, Bellyfat blatenly breaks the rules that the Commissioner warned the coaches about one week prior and only gets fined.
    Boggles the mind
    To say the least.
    I don't get this guy.
    I liked him at first until the whole let Bellyfat off easy scheme then get rid of the evidence.
    After that I lost respect and I've been losing more and more it seems every week.

  2. #22
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,601

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Regardless of who it is these policies really need to be re-assessed.
    So a guy that breaks the law and has possession of cocaine only gets suspended for 3 games when people that take a pill not knowingly banned from the NFL to help them lose water weight gets automatic 4 game suspension.


    This falls under the same category as Allen using a ball as a prop getting fined 10K and Ogunleye blind-siding a defensless QB 5 seconds after he throws the ball doesn't get a penalty, a fine or nothing.
    Goodell is doing a great job at being consistent.

    Wait I have another one. Wade Wilson (QB Coach for Dallas last year) was suspended 5 games for taking medication to help his diabetes.
    I would like to see how HGH helps enhance his QB coaching skills.
    Yet, Bellyfat blatenly breaks the rules that the Commissioner warned the coaches about one week prior and only gets fined.
    Boggles the mind
    To say the least.
    I don't get this guy.
    I liked him at first until the whole let Bellyfat off easy scheme then get rid of the evidence.
    After that I lost respect and I've been losing more and more it seems every week.
    Strong words here, but what you say is generally true. He does use the tough on crime approach, but the recent crap that has gone on is just making a joke of it.
    The big one for me is the fact that Pacman still has a job. Makes no sense to me.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    "gregair13" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Regardless of who it is these policies really need to be re-assessed.
    So a guy that breaks the law and has possession of cocaine only gets suspended for 3 games when people that take a pill not knowingly banned from the NFL to help them lose water weight gets automatic 4 game suspension.


    This falls under the same category as Allen using a ball as a prop getting fined 10K and Ogunleye blind-siding a defensless QB 5 seconds after he throws the ball doesn't get a penalty, a fine or nothing.
    Goodell is doing a great job at being consistent.

    Wait I have another one. Wade Wilson (QB Coach for Dallas last year) was suspended 5 games for taking medication to help his diabetes.
    I would like to see how HGH helps enhance his QB coaching skills.
    Yet, Bellyfat blatenly breaks the rules that the Commissioner warned the coaches about one week prior and only gets fined.
    Boggles the mind
    To say the least.
    I don't get this guy.
    I liked him at first until the whole let Bellyfat off easy scheme then get rid of the evidence.
    After that I lost respect and I've been losing more and more it seems every week.
    Strong words here, but what you say is generally true. He does use the tough on crime approach, but the recent crap that has gone on is just making a joke of it.
    The big one for me is the fact that Pacman still has a job. Makes no sense to me.
    What about Chris Henry?
    Why is Jolly still on the field?
    Why did it take so long to suspend Matt Jones?
    There are a lot of inconsistencies in the policies that just don't make sense.
    I understand he wants to follow the policies.
    That is his job.
    However part of his job is also to re-evaluate the policies.
    He hasn't done that at all.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    He is just out to get us.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,538

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    I love being right all the time...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    "C" wrote:
    I love being right all the time...
    Cough....cough.
    yeah right!
    ;D

  7. #27
    Viking in Arkansas is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    I haven't read this whole thread, but the people in the car with him said the drugs were theirs, not Matt's. Also, there wasn't any cocaine in his system nor was he seen snorting it.

    I think he should have been suspended longer, but there wasn't proof it was his or that he did any.

  8. #28
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    "Viking" wrote:
    I haven't read this whole thread, but the people in the car with him said the drugs were theirs, not Matt's. Also, there wasn't any cocaine in his system nor was he seen snorting it.

    I think he should have been suspended longer, but there wasn't proof it was his or that he did any.
    Possession

  9. #29
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Viking" wrote:
    I haven't read this whole thread, but the people in the car with him said the drugs were theirs, not Matt's. Also, there wasn't any cocaine in his system nor was he seen snorting it.

    I think he should have been suspended longer, but there wasn't proof it was his or that he did any.
    Possession
    Exactly!!!
    His own stupidity for putting himself in that situation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Matt Jones Arrested again
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 09:13 AM
  2. Dont Forget Matt Jones
    By Peterson08 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 05:43 PM
  3. Pacman Jones Suspended Another Year
    By ItalianStallion in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 11:04 AM
  4. Matt Jones!
    By Banana_Fish in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 05:50 AM
  5. Matt Jones at #18?
    By kyleo1967 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-15-2005, 11:15 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •