Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Matt Jones Suspended..

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Regardless of who it is these policies really need to be re-assessed.
    So a guy that breaks the law and has possession of cocaine only gets suspended for 3 games when people that take a pill not knowingly banned from the NFL to help them lose water weight gets automatic 4 game suspension.

This falls under the same category as Allen using a ball as a prop getting fined 10K and Ogunleye blind-siding a defensless QB 5 seconds after he throws the ball doesn't get a penalty, a fine or nothing.
    Goodell is doing a great job at being consistent.

Wait I have another one. Wade Wilson (QB Coach for Dallas last year) was suspended 5 games for taking medication to help his diabetes.
    I would like to see how HGH helps enhance his QB coaching skills.
    Yet, Bellyfat blatenly breaks the rules that the Commissioner warned the coaches about one week prior and only gets fined.
    Boggles the mind
    To say the least.
    I don't get this guy.
    I liked him at first until the whole let Bellyfat off easy scheme then get rid of the evidence.
    After that I lost respect and I've been losing more and more it seems every week.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    So a guy that breaks the law and has possession of cocaine only gets suspended for 3 games when people that take a pill not knowingly banned from the NFL to help them lose water weight gets automatic 4 game suspension.

This falls under the same category as Allen using a ball as a prop getting fined 10K and Ogunleye blind-siding a defensless QB 5 seconds after he throws the ball doesn't get a penalty, a fine or nothing.

Wait I have another one. Wade Wilson (QB Coach for Dallas last year) was suspended 5 games for taking medication to help his diabetes.
    Yet, Bellyfat blatenly breaks the rules that the Commissioner warned the coaches about one week prior and only gets fined.
    Boggles the mind
    To say the least.
    I don't get this guy.
    I liked him at first until the whole let Bellyfat off easy scheme then get rid of the evidence.
    After that I lost respect and I've been losing more and more it seems every week.
    Strong words here, but what you say is generally true. He does use the tough on crime approach, but the recent crap that has gone on is just making a joke of it.
    The big one for me is the fact that Pacman still has a job. Makes no sense to me.
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

Boggles the mind
    To say the least.
    I don't get this guy.
    Strong words here, but what you say is generally true. He does use the tough on crime approach, but the recent crap that has gone on is just making a joke of it.
    The big one for me is the fact that Pacman still has a job. Makes no sense to me.
    What about Chris Henry?
    Why is Jolly still on the field?
    Why did it take so long to suspend Matt Jones?
    There are a lot of inconsistencies in the policies that just don't make sense.
    I understand he wants to follow the policies.
    That is his job.
    However part of his job is also to re-evaluate the policies.
    He hasn't done that at all.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

He is just out to get us.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

I love being right all the time...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    I love being right all the time...
    Cough....cough.
    yeah right!
    ;D

Viking in Arkansas is offline Training Camp

I haven't read this whole thread, but the people in the car with him said the drugs were theirs, not Matt's. Also, there wasn't any cocaine in his system nor was he seen snorting it.

I think he should have been suspended longer, but there wasn't proof it was his or that he did any.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Viking" wrote:
    I haven't read this whole thread, but the people in the car with him said the drugs were theirs, not Matt's. Also, there wasn't any cocaine in his system nor was he seen snorting it.

I think he should have been suspended longer, but there wasn't proof it was his or that he did any.
    Possession

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Viking" wrote:

Possession
    Exactly!!!
    His own stupidity for putting himself in that situation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123