Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Jones!

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Matt Jones!

"canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Yah that catch was sick.. Muchluv4smoot was really high on this guy too! muchluv seems to know whut he is talking about all the time as well.. Maybe we missed out.. I don't know if 7 is too early to draft him.. and if he went before 18 or not?
    He was drafted by the Jags at 26 or something. But 18 would be too high for him, and he wasn't at all the right fit for us. We don't really need a TE, and we don't need a guy who is a project.

As for him winning ROY, I really really doubt it. The guy is raw with a capital R. Give him a couple of years and he'll be a beast, kind of like Gates. But for this year, he won't do much. He'll be working a lot with the coaches to learn the position. Imagine how much trouble rookies have adjusting to the speed of the NFL. Now imagine what it must be like to be adjusting to all that, plus playing a position you've never played in your life!
    Being that he played QB/WR in college, I think he's got the receiving part of it down, he knows what routes are supposed to be run and when, the only thing he'll have to adjust a great deal to is the blocking. Given, his size, he should be alright in that dept, IMO. Also, his speed plus his size make it nearly impossible for the defense to have a favorable matchup on him. Put a LB on him and he'll burn them, put your shutdown corner on him (who's most likely under 6'0" and he'll outjump them and use his body for position). Also, since ROY is usually dependent mainly on stats, if he does struggle to block it won't matter if he puts up Antonio Gates like #'s. I'm sticking with him as my pick for offensive ROY.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i still don't totally believe in this guy yet...

i think he will have the success equivilent to Kordell Stewart--a lot of hype, mediocre success and fade away into nothingness... except Kordell was mainly a QB in his career.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Doesn't he play WR, not TE? I swear he was drafted to play WR and haven't heard of him switching to TE

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"Banana_Fish" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    M. Jones is gonna be around for a while. He can have a pretty good career in Atlanta as a reciver since they have only one.
    Guess you had him confused with M.Jenkins!!! Well let me put my loathing for the falcons passing game this way... It sucks worse than our Rushing game !!!!
    i know he plays for the jags. I was just saying that since atlanta has no reciever and they play inside the dome which is even better for a fast reciever like matt jones or r. moss

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "Banana_Fish" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    M. Jones is gonna be around for a while. He can have a pretty good career in Atlanta as a reciver since they have only one.
    Guess you had him confused with M.Jenkins!!! Well let me put my loathing for the falcons passing game this way... It sucks worse than our Rushing game !!!!
    i know he plays for the jags. I was just saying that since atlanta has no reciever and they play inside the dome which is even better for a fast reciever like matt jones or r. moss
    Nice try!!! We aren't buying that for ONE second! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    "Banana_Fish" wrote:
    "michaelmazid" wrote:
    That's two consecutive posts that I didn't understand at all! Good work!
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I believe it when I see a 1000 yard season, which I am inclined to believe will never happen.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I really like him, but taking him would have been the same as takin Mike Williams...Thier both possesion recievers IMO. But there is not doubt in my mind the guy is good.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"magicci" wrote:
    M. Jones is on the jags
    And the juice.

Possion reciver are you crazy! He is 6'-6" 245lb and runs a 4.3-40. He's a burner. He is a freak! He will be the most productive WR from this draft!
    6949da5ce3db19514b6088f4f00ffabd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast