Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    kyleo1967 is offline Starter

Matt Jones at #18?

Hey fellas,

Pulled this off profootballtalk.com this morning:

"In our view, if the buzz continues to grow regarding Jones, and if the Vikings don't grab a receiver at No. 7, they might take a chance on Jones at No. 18 -- since Jones could give them their best shot at making the locals forget all about a guy named Randy Moss"

akavikefan1969 is offline Training Camp

Re: Matt Jones at #18?

Jones would be a great addition to the Vikings.
    I have watched him play here in Arkansas his whole college carrier and can tell you he is a very good ( one of the best ever QB's we had ) and has great hands. He could be a great threat as he has speed that no one can believe ( for his size ) and has a great arm. He can play both WR and TE as well as QB.
    Some team will be very happy with him , I hope it will be us.
    I would pick him behind Williams and then drop Campbell. With Nate, Williams and Jones as our WR's we could be set for a very long time. And the up side is a pass to Jones then a TD pass from Jones to Williams!!!!!!!!
    40 for 60
    1969 NFL Champions

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Jones at 18 is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. I would rather take nugent at 18, at least he has played the position before.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"kyleo1967" wrote:
    Hey fellas,

Pulled this off profootballtalk.com this morning:

"In our view, if the buzz continues to grow regarding Jones, and if the Vikings don't grab a receiver at No. 7, they might take a chance on Jones at No. 18 -- since Jones could give them their best shot at making the locals forget all about a guy named Randy Moss"
    What I have been saying all along!!! :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

don't think he is worth #18. he will be drafted in the second round. great athlete, has a bunch of talent at multiple positions, but he is in limbo as to what a team will do with him. i wouldn't be upset if they drafted him, but i would strongly question getting a gimmick player at #18.

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    don't think he is worth #18. he will be drafted in the second round. great athlete, has a bunch of talent at multiple positions, but he is in limbo as to what a team will do with him. i wouldn't be upset if they drafted him, but i would strongly question getting a gimmick player at #18.
    I don't think that he is a gimmick player...he is a very talented but raw player at WR, BUT I think that once he learns to run disciplined routes that he will be a very dangerous player...and like Pro Football Talk said at the top of the thread "give us someone who could make us forget Randy"...not totally, but at least not miss his great playmaking abilities..I think that if Jones had been a WR in college, teams would be fighting over the chance to draft him even before the other two more highly rated WRs on the board (that being said, I still think that those two are better NOW). What many people don't realize is that many athletes who become WRs in college were actually QBs in high school...a little different transition, but it can be done effectively.

jpiercey is offline Waterboy

Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman at #7 & Jones at #18 would be perfect in my opinion. Even Mike Williams at #7 and Matt Jones at #18 would be great, but Jones is definetly a must take so we can stretch the field as Randy did for us(and M. Williams can't). Jones could also be like a Tony Gonzales for us in the redzone aswell cause dude has ups and is 6'6.

"jpiercey" wrote:
    Derrick Johnson or Shawne Merriman at #7 & Jones at #18 would be perfect in my opinion. Even Mike Williams at #7 and Matt Jones at #18 would be great, but Jones is definetly a must take so we can stretch the field as Randy did for us(and M. Williams can't). Jones could also be like a Tony Gonzales for us in the redzone aswell cause dude has ups and is 6'6.
    Good points!

English Vike is offline Starter

jones is way too high at 18, i would be happy to take him in the 2nd round if we didnt need nugent so bad but we do. which leaves the 3rd round as the highest i'd take him, i'm not saying he will be around then, but i wouldnt take him before

"English Vike" wrote:
    jones is way too high at 18, i would be happy to take him in the 2nd round if we didnt need nugent so bad but we do. which leaves the 3rd round as the highest i'd take him, i'm not saying he will be around then, but i wouldnt take him before
    But if it means that we get THE NUGE in the second round by reaching for Jones at #18, we still get who we want...my point is that who cares if these are a little bit of a reach if you get the guys that fill the necessary roles that we need...getting the BPA is good most of the time, but if you only have a few weak spots, it might be better to reach A LITTLE to get people at positions of need...I wouldn't reach more than ONE ROUND TOO HIGH though...and neither of these players would be more of a reach than that IMHO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast