Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Of course he's a media whore. Him and that fat slob Ryan are made for each other. Rex is a blowhard who lets it rip when his team is doing well but a puke of a human being when it's not. As for Tebow he appears on every awards show he can get on. There was talk of him being the next Bachelor.. pfft. Where are they going to find 25 nuns to court him on that show? Sorry but this religion crap has no place on a football field. Him and his Tebowing nonsense. Hey Tim, it's a football game not your wife in the hospital fighting for her life, or a family crisis. ITS A FOOTBALL GAME. For this guy to display what he does religion wise on the field and after with his "my lord and savior comments" only goes to show just how shallow this dope is. He's playing a game and getting paid handsomely for it, nothing more, nothing less. Save your antics and your need for your religious beliefs for a hospital waiting room, not for a stadium where winning a stinking game has nothing to do with praying. God looks down on this goon and shakes his head.

kingpin9995 is offline Starter
    Tebow is a disgusting slimeball. Just the fact that he uses FOOTBALL GAME to show us how much religion he has is just a joke. ITS A FOOTBALL GAME. Tell him to go Tebow at the hospital IR when a family member is fighting for their life. Don't you think it a bit ridiculous that this dope actually prays after a td and thanks the LORD? Wow is right. I can't stand the puke. Also by the way he's on every awards show that will have him. He was rumored to be in the running for the BACHELOR. Now where the hell are they going to find 25 nuns to court him?

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    The discussion I was having with bleed (were he basically called me an idiot lier) was that this happens alot more than most fans know.

I was trying to convince him that coaches as the other coaches to help them get looks at packages they have been working on.

On a side note, I've never seen one say he wasn't ready to look at a package though.....Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just never saw it.
    Lewis: Hey, Rex? Got a Minute?

Ryan: Sure, Marvin...what can I do for you?

Lewis: I'm calling about your package, Rex.

Ryan: What?

Lewis: Your Package. I just don't want to see the Wildcat tomorrow night.

Ryan: Ummmm.....Marvin.....I'm not sure who the "Wildcat" is, or why you don't want to see him or her, but what does this have to do with my package?

Lewis: What?

Ryan: What does this have to do with my package? I don't mind saying, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable here.

Lewis: Why? I call the other coaches about their packages all the time....

Ryan: I had no idea.....

Lewis: Look, it's not like it really matters. Everyone's already seen your package.

Ryan: WHAT??? Damn that Favre....he posted my pix didn't he.....

Lewis: What? No. I don't know... I'm talking about the wildcat package in the game tomorrow...

Ryan: Huh? The wildcat.....OOOOOOH!!! Sure, Marv. I knew that. HA ha ha ha. No problem. No wildcat tomorrow....

(whew)

Lewis: And Rex?

Ryan: Ya?

Lewis: I talked to Favre....he said it was pretty small... *click*

Ryan: DAMN YOU, FAVRE!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kingpin9995 View Post
    Tebow is a disgusting slimeball. Just the fact that he uses FOOTBALL GAME to show us how much religion he has is just a joke. ITS A FOOTBALL GAME. Tell him to go Tebow at the hospital IR when a family member is fighting for their life. Don't you think it a bit ridiculous that this dope actually prays after a td and thanks the LORD? Wow is right. I can't stand the puke. Also by the way he's on every awards show that will have him. He was rumored to be in the running for the BACHELOR. Now where the hell are they going to find 25 nuns to court him?

You're right. I'd much rather see him dance around the endzone, or strike up some pre-choreographed routine with other players than simply pray....what a showoff......

1: Tebow doesn't do grandiose displays to impress YOU...or me...he does it to show that he's thankful for Divine support (real or imagined).

2: He doesn't "Tebow"...that's the term the media came up with, and others have done it since mockingly. It's a lot like Jared Allen's calf-roping routine. Except he directs it upwards, not inwards.

3: I've never been to a Hospital IR. I've been to an ER, and I work in the OR.

4: He's on these shows because THEY ask HIM. If they asked YOU, what would you say?

...of course, for them to ask you, you'd have to be somewhat famous.....

5: You can hate Tebow all you like, and for whatever reasons you like. But if you POST those reasons here - and they turn out to be completely baseless - don't be surprised if people challenge them. Kind of like now.

I don't think Tebow is a great QB, but he's won a lot of games he probably shouldn't have. I've never once seen him try and point the spotlight at himself, he's always saying it's God or the guys he's playing with. He's had more media attention than any other NFL player - all of it unasked for - and hasn't ONCE pitched himself.

I wish more players were like that.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Lewis: Hey, Rex? Got a Minute?

Ryan: Sure, Marvin...what can I do for you?

Lewis: I'm calling about your package, Rex.

Ryan: What?

Lewis: Your Package. I just don't want to see the Wildcat tomorrow night.

Ryan: Ummmm.....Marvin.....I'm not sure who the "Wildcat" is, or why you don't want to see him or her, but what does this have to do with my package?

Lewis: What?

Ryan: What does this have to do with my package? I don't mind saying, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable here.

Lewis: Why? I call the other coaches about their packages all the time....

Ryan: I had no idea.....

Lewis: Look, it's not like it really matters. Everyone's already seen your package.

Ryan: WHAT??? Damn that Favre....he posted my pix didn't he.....

Lewis: What? No. I don't know... I'm talking about the wildcat package in the game tomorrow...

Ryan: Huh? The wildcat.....OOOOOOH!!! Sure, Marv. I knew that. HA ha ha ha. No problem. No wildcat tomorrow....

(whew)

Lewis: And Rex?

Ryan: Ya?

Lewis: I talked to Favre....he said it was pretty small... *click*

Ryan: DAMN YOU, FAVRE!!!!!!!!
    LOL, I've been awake for 16 hours, I still have 3 more hours to go, but damn if that didn't make me laugh. Gotta be the best PPO post in many many moons.

When you gonna let me buy you that beer.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

LOL, I've been awake for 16 hours, I still have 3 more hours to go, but damn if that didn't make me laugh. Gotta be the best PPO post in many many moons.

When you gonna let me buy you that beer.
    Trying to free up time and $$ to get up there later this season. Will keep you posted.

jwmann2 is offline Waterboy
    The preseason is there so teams can practice their game plan in live action. If the wild Cat is in Rex Ryan's game plan heavily for the regular season than I would have considered his request an insult.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    The discussion I was having with bleed (were he basically called me an idiot lier) was that this happens alot more than most fans know.

I was trying to convince him that coaches as the other coaches to help them get looks at packages they have been working on.

On a side note, I've never seen one say he wasn't ready to look at a package though.....Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just never saw it.
    I legitimately just saw this now

Seems a little different to say "hey, how about we just play ball, no cute bullshit" than saying "hey, I'm going to run a bunch of screen passes with my big slow RB, you do this, I won't counter it"

Yes, preseason is 95% about evaluating how your players play in certain situations, but you still need a good amount of uncertainty. If you know what's coming, then sure, you can look great, but that doesn't mean you are.

Coaches need to see how a QB adjusts when the D does something different, or needs to see how a WR can adjust to different zone packages. Running the wildcat in offense does absolutely no good. Teams don't practice defending the wildcat in preseason, so all it does is prove you can take advantage of a bunch of young guys who have no idea what to do. I still call bullshit on that point you were tryig to prove.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I legitimately just saw this now
    LOL, you know I've been watching for something like this since that discussion were you basically called me an idiot for even thinking this type of stuff happened.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12