Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Marvin Lewis asked Rex Ryan for Wildcat-free game

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis called Ryan on Thursday to say he didn't want to see the Wildcat make its debut against his defense, Brian Costello of the New York Post reported after the game.
    Not an unusual move during the preseason, when coaches are willing -- and seem to expect -- these types of requests from their peers.

Marvin Lewis asked Rex Ryan for Wildcat-free game - NFL.com

Wheres my good friend ibleedpurple who argued with me last year that coaches don't do that sort of thing......

.....snicker.......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Pretty sure I would not comply. Sorry Marvin.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    In other words, we don't want to see your POS punt protector/media attention whore take the field and attempt to play QB.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Wow Singer. How do you really feel? I agree he sucks as a pocket passer, but pos media whore? Wow. Last I checked he never asked espn to monitor training camp 24/7. I can't remember him asking anyone for extra attention and or media coverage. In fact, every time he gets ripped on and for good reason at times, he has nothing but classy answers and says nothing to stir up controversy.

We all can agree he has a long way to go to make it in this league, if he ever does. One thing you can't say is he's a pos media whore. He's got more class than 99% of this league. He's never once ran his mouth, or bragged himself up when he and his team were on a roll last year. He's had plenty of chances to defend himself when people knock him and he hasn't once that I am aware of.
    He just keeps on trying to prove them wrong and wishes them well.

Does he stink as a pocket passer? Yep. Does he have a tough road ahead? Yes. A pos? I think not. Take off the hate goggles for a second.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    In other words, we don't want to see your POS punt protector/media attention whore take the field and attempt to play QB.
    The discussion I was having with bleed (were he basically called me an idiot lier) was that this happens alot more than most fans know.

I was trying to convince him that coaches as the other coaches to help them get looks at packages they have been working on.

On a side note, I've never seen one say he wasn't ready to look at a package though.....Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, just never saw it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    Wow Singer. How do you really feel? I agree he sucks as a pocket passer, but pos media whore? Wow. Last I checked he never asked espn to monitor training camp 24/7. I can't remember him asking anyone for extra attention and or media coverage. In fact, every time he gets ripped on and for good reason at times, he has nothing but classy answers and says nothing to stir up controversy.

We all can agree he has a long way to go to make it in this league, if he ever does. One thing you can't say is he's a pos media whore. He's got more class than 99% of this league. He's never once ran his mouth, or bragged himself up when he and his team were on a roll last year. He's had plenty of chances to defend himself when people knock him and he hasn't once that I am aware of.
    He just keeps on trying to prove them wrong and wishes them well.

Does he stink as a pocket passer? Yep. Does he have a tough road ahead? Yes. A pos? I think not. Take off the hate goggles for a second.
    You need to post more often my friend. Top shelf.....top shelf indeed.

Bump for my good friend i_bleed......Funny how he keeps missing this.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Wow Singer.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Pretty sure I would not comply. Sorry Marvin.
    Why not. It's preseason. Outcomes do not matter.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Still no comment from my good friend bleed I see. .....snicker.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast