Prophet Guest

Martz still in La La Land

Lions | Martz confident in offense
    Thu, 25 May 2006 19:38:21 -0700

Clark Judge, of SportsLine.com, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz told him he not only is happy with what he has for a passing offense, he's confident it can evolve into something the Lions haven't been in years, which is an efficient, productive and successful unit. "I'm excited about the potential," Martz said of his receivers, "but we're a long way off. Still, I wouldn't put a limit on these guys. I don't think that's fair." Throughout the conversation, Martz kept emphasizing that the Lions offense, particularly its receivers, needs time to develop, learn and, basically, cast off past habits that are in its way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | Martz thinks Bradford can be No. 2 WR
    Thu, 25 May 2006 19:53:02 -0700

Clark Judge, of SportsLine.com, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz loves Lions WR Corey Bradford's speed and sees him as the team's No. 2 wide receiver.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | Martz thinks M. Williams can emerge
    Thu, 25 May 2006 19:50:36 -0700

Clark Judge, of SportsLine.com, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz believes Lions' WR Mike Williams can be the receiver the Lions envisioned when they made him the 10th choice in the 2005 draft. "He surprised me," Martz said. "He has way more ability than I thought he did. He has very quick feet. He blew me away with his quickness."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lions | Martz discussed R. Williams
    Thu, 25 May 2006 19:49:54 -0700

Clark Judge, of SportsLine.com, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz singled out Lions WR Roy E. Williams in a conversation with Judge. Martz said the former first-round draft pick could be one of the league's star performers, if he can make it through a season without getting hurt. "He's at an elite level in terms of his ability," said Martz, "but he has a lot of conditioning and getting in shape to do. The guy's got terrific potential." Williams tailed off with the rest of the club in 2005. Martz isn't concerned about last year or the year before.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Re: Martz still in La La Land

Although the are in our division, I hope that they have better success than they have had in the past.

And I hope that Martz stays happy in his position of OC. He was not a very good HC, but remains an offensive genius. He should stay there, and finish his career as such.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

Wow when did they pick up Corey Bradford's?

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

You're killing me with these Thread titles profet, it's priceless. Keep up the good work.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    Although the are in our division, I hope that they have better success than they have had in the past.

And I hope that Martz stays happy in his position of OC. He was not a very good HC, but remains an offensive genius. He should stay there, and finish his career as such.
    :shock: I hope they suck and I hope Martz hates it!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If Martz thinks he will have the success with Detroit that he did with the Rams, he is sadly mistaken.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

The Lions are no longer a joke anymore IMO.They have alot of tools on offense to succeed.However I think thier orginzation will still continue to hold them back.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I still think they are going to suck for years to come because of the organization

Thanks PurpleMafia

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    The Lions are no longer a joke anymore IMO.They have alot of tools on offense to succeed.However I think thier orginzation will still continue to hold them back.
    Two words: Matt Millen.

Prophet Guest

Martz says team is a bunch of fat lazy bastards (my interpretation of what hs said anyway)

KFFL
    Lions | Martz – Hard to judge out of shape players
    Fri, 2 Jun 2006 06:10:40 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz said he's happy with the progress of the offense. He is happy with the players' mental sharpness but not their physical condition. "This team is grossly out of shape and they're getting there now. It's hard to evaluate anybody when they're out of shape because you don't do anything very well," said Martz, who runs a high-tempo scheme in both practice and games. "For what we do, they're not in very good shape. On every snap, we want them sprinting down the field and that kind of thing. We don't run guys in and out."