Frostbite is offline Coach

Martz Lands In San Francisco

Didn't see this posted anywhere here yet. If it was and I missed it.....Sorry!

I can't help but wonder what he's going to be able to do there unless he gets some time to really work with the young and often very disorganized offense. Could be a shot in the arm for them but I doubt we will see any miracle turn around in one season. Where will Dilfer fit in is anyone's guess, even if Alex Smith is still having injury (Arm/shoulder) issues at the beginning of the season. I heard he is supposed to make a full recovery but is he the Answer with Martz as Coordinator?

Any Thoughts??

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Martz Lands In San Francisco

Interesting.. O.o it will definatly be one of the more tough gigs Martz has had, so we'll see how it turns out

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Martz is very over rated if you ask me.

People say our coaches can't adjust.
    What the heck are they saying about this guy?

I for one say he can only run one kindof offense and that is one he stole/was shown by Crying Coach.

As Vermiels team started to age (as we saw with Denny's team) Martz couldn't adjust and thus was fired.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...s/stlrams.html

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Frostbite is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Martz is very over rated if you ask me.

People say our coaches can't adjust.
    What the heck are they saying about this guy?

I for one say he can only run one kindof offense and that is one he stole/was shown by Crying Coach.

As Vermiels team started to age (as we saw with Denny's team) Martz couldn't adjust and thus was fired.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl...s/stlrams.html

I think that's a good take on Martz Marrdro....It didn't hurt Martz at St Louis to have so many top offensive players at his disposal either, a luxury he will not have at S.F. this season. He had Warner in his prime, Issac Bruce in his Prime, Marshall Faulk, Ricky Proell, and an offensive line that was one of the best in the NFL at that time....so many weapons to work with offensively.

Now he's going to have?? Frank Gore....an Alex Smith that is coming back from a bad Shoulder (Required Surgery) injury and a very un-proven receiver core. Let's see what he can do with this offense of less tallented players in S.F. If he somehow turns that franchise around this season I will certainly have more respect for his coaching tallents.

Cheers!

Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

If I'm Frank Gore, I request a trade right now. This will do wonders for Alex Smith and the passing offense but Martz really screwed the Lions this year by abandoning the run late in the season. Remember the second Lions vs. Vikings game? They threw almost the entire game and we were able to shut it down fairly well.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    If I'm Frank Gore, I request a trade right now. This will do wonders for Alex Smith and the passing offense but Martz really screwed the Lions this year by abandoning the run late in the season. Remember the second Lions vs. Vikings game? They threw almost the entire game and we were able to shut it down fairly well.
    how come you say that? marshall faulk played a huge role in the st louis offenses that martz ran..the lions are just a crappy football team no matter how you look at it..theyve got a couple receivers, but very poor linemen and a qb that isnt so good..they dont have a running game to go to that wouldve done anything against the vikings

if frank gore can gain some versatility as a pass catcher, then he will be the main guy in the offense just like faulk was
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"olson_10" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    how come you say that? marshall faulk played a huge role in the st louis offenses that martz ran..the lions are just a crappy football team no matter how you look at it..theyve got a couple receivers, but very poor linemen and a qb that isnt so good..they dont have a running game to go to that wouldve done anything against the vikings

if frank gore can gain some versatility as a pass catcher, then he will be the main guy in the offense just like faulk was
    Thats the issue.
    Is Frank the kindof guy that is a scat back kindof player that works best in Martz's scheme or is he a one cut bruiser.

Truth be told, I am wondering it Martz will be allowed to try to implement his scheme or if he will continue to follow the current HC's scheme.

Alot of people on here believe the Coordinator brings the scheme.
    I am not one of them, but in this case it might happen.

Back to PPE's point.
    When I look at the 49rs I sure the heck don't see the type of players that would be able to execute/replicate the scheme called "The greatest show on turf"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/roster?team=sfo
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg