Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Madden thinks Favre wants a trade

"MN-IsPackerCountry" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    the question is, if favre were to be traded, would madden still be a challenged hillbilly favre-bum-lover, or a challenged hilbilly packer lover
    a viking fan claiming packer fans are hillbillies...what a surprise :roll:
    come up with a new stereotype.
    i was born, raised, and still live in minnesota, but I frequent Wisconsin all the time. there is absolutley no difference between the two states!
    wisconsin can be called minnesota east as easily as minnesota can be called wisconsin west.
    I guarantee if I blindfolded you and drove around for a week, I could drop you off in Wisconsin and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Dude. as a person that lives in Wisconsin, and has been to Minnesota on many of occasions. I would have to say that the two states are not even in the same category.. Wisconsin is a alright place to live, but it is by no means better then Minnesota. See, just like any other state in America, you have your good and bad.

So are you saying that the small cities in Minnesota are like Milwaukee? or that a small town like the one I live in with a population of 10,000 is like downtown Minneapolis? So say that you could drive someone around blindfolded and he wouldn't be able to tell the difference where he was, trust me from a person that lives in Wisconsin. He would be able to tell in a New York minute.. Hey, maybe New York is alot like Wisconsin..

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

First off, it wasn't I who started off all the factual mumbo jumbo about our two states, that would be Nodak, so yell at him.
    Ahhh, but Nodak is a Viking fan, spouting Viking fan retoric on a Viking fan site...the need to "yell at" him is nonexistent.

Secondly, don't jump on me for my "tirade" when you are gonna make a rather tyrannical post like that.
    My post was "tyrannical"? Which was it?

1: of or relating to or associated with or resembling a dictatorship; "tyrannical suppression of liberty" [syn: tyrannic]

2: marked by unjust severity or arbitrary behavior; "the oppressive government"; "oppressive laws"; "a tyrannical parent"; "tyrannous disregard of human rights" [syn: oppressive, tyrannous]

3: characteristic of an absolute ruler or absolute rule; having absolute sovereignty; "an authoritarian regime"; "autocratic government"; "despotic rulers"; "a dictatorial rule that lasted for the duration of the war"; "a tyrannical government"

I'd wager that you are targetting #2, but I really don't see any reason for you to believe that anything I said was oppressive...after all, I never stated anything as an absolute, nor did I forbid you to do or say anything. I simply informed you that while we thanked you for your "enlightened" positions on our verbal jabs and their validity, we didn't care. So, my post wasn't really tyrannical, was it.

Thirdly, at least you realize that all the statement made about Packer fans and Wisconsin residents as a whole are ridiculous. But go right ahead and keep screaming your stereotypes with the true-to-heart belief that they are true, which is exactly what you said you will do.
    Oh, I never said they were ridiculous. I merely stated that we couldn't, in all fairness, lump ALL of Wisconsin together and make all encompassing statements with any scientific degree of accuracy. Not at all the same thing.

When you say "Of course, I'm also a Viking fan. Were I a Packer fan, all bets would be off" it completely cancels out the whole post because I actually am a Packer fan. So based on that quote you understand why a Packer fan would dispute with you, which means you really didn't need to make that post to begin with.
    I was well aware of your fan affiliation, but thanks for pointing it out. Who knows, perhaps another Packer fan would have happened by and thought that two Viking fans were argueing...this saves explaining to them (provided, of course, that someone can read the posts to them).

Further, I understand that a Packer fan would dispute with me the color of the sky, the direction the sun sets, the color of milk, and just about anything else. Right now, for example, one is argueing about my "need" to post on a Viking fan site. Boy, some people will argue about ANYTHING.

And, while it's true, I didn't NEED to post, I felt compelled to. After all, you seemed in danger of bursting a blood vessel trying to hyper-analyze every statement and examine it for scientific and factual value. I figured that if I - politely - explained that it wouldn't do you any good, you'd get the hint.

Of course, silly me, I forgot to factor in the "Packer Fan" element which means that you will no doubt continue to argue about...well...anything at all, and try and convince us that we are all uneducated cretins, one step up the evolutionary ladder from tadpoles. The fact that you are providing us with entertainment - and not education - will be completely lost on you no doubt.

Did it ever occur to you that your educational messages might be better received on a Packer board? When I go to a Packer board - and while it is rare, it has happened - I expect to be peppered with anti-Viking statements, most of which have absolutely no factual basis. Being thus prepared, I don't waste my time trying to "educate" my opponents about the facts...after all, it is THEIR board. Instead, I stick to topics that are most likely to open up conversations based upon mutual respect...like *gasp* football. It has worked quite well for me in the past.

Have I missed anything? Anything you're unclear on?

Bottom line, sport, is that we don't know you. There are a handful of Packer fans who come here and we enjoy conversing with...who knows, you might be one of them someday. But, until then, EXPECT to hear broad based comments disparaging the Packers, their fans, and Wisconsin as a whole...just as I expect - and receive - the same on a Packer board.

Caine

MN-IsPackerCountry is offline Training Camp

haha o man, we could go on like this forever, but it's gotten boring now...
    This is my sig that does not exceed site limits.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"Caine" wrote:
    Ahhh, but Nodak is a Viking fan, spouting Viking fan retoric on a Viking fan site...the need to "yell at" him is nonexistent.
    Actually you can yell...............

TYPE IN ALL CAPS AND ADD EXCLAIMATION POINTS AT THE END OF A SENTENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes people are offended by it. It's really funny. Try it sometime. :grin:

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

haha o man, we could go on like this forever, but it's gotten boring now...
    It's only boring because you're LOSING :razz:

Caine

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567