Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden Curse?

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

Madden Curse?

Maybe this belongs in another thread is so sorry but has anyone else noticed that the Madden curse has claimed another victim this year? Mcnabb (injured) and the seagulls are haveing their worst year in quite awhile. While there are many factors to them sucking there is one thing that a single slumping team can blame every year. Damn Madden put our star on the Cover of his blasted game. It never fails....

Ray Lewis managed to have a decent year last year despite being on the game cover, but the ravens were pathetic and failed to make the playoffs.

I hope one of the Manning boys are given the kiss of death by Madden next year. :twisted:
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Madden Curse?

lol, i hope so too.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Cy this should be in the "General NFL discussion" forum, this one is for Vikings talk.

They have a guy that is part of the marketeers and designers for Madden on Kfan every week on the duckies and bunnies show, just giving you crap PA if you browse this site. He gives insight into the game and he runs game scenarios for the vikes and each weeks opponent. He would not give and answer about who it would be next year on the cover but hinted that it would be somebody from the AFC.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Funny story about madden. i was listening to the fox sports morning extravaganza and they were discussing the favre/rogers issue. a vikings fan from wisconsin called in talking about how pecker fans are so one track minded and that if sherman benched favre in favor of rogers, sheeplovers from all over would call for his head. the show hosts then talked about gb's remaining schedule. they are all nationally televised games. and they said you can bet that on the gb vs baltimore monday night game, madden will show up naked with a #4 painted on him. this just goes to show vikes fans arent the only ones who see maddens man crush on favre.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

haha I've been meaning to start a thread on this topic. The madden curse is real. I PRAY to god we never have any of our players on madden again.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Geez, I did not evn notice. When did he get hurt?

/sarcasm off

Kdub4MVP is offline Rookie

yea well Peyton Manning will certainly be on the madden cover in 07. I thought he was gonna be on it this year but mcnabb and the eagles were the "it" team over the past 2 years so EA sports couldnt overlook that. Peyton better savor the flavor this year cuz if the curse is any indication he wont be playing too long next year.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Do players have a choice if they get asked to decline, or will they be penalized, especially since Madden now has exclusive NFL rights in terms of video games???
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

"Kdub4MVP" wrote:
    yea well Peyton Manning will certainly be on the madden cover in 07. I thought he was gonna be on it this year but mcnabb and the eagles were the "it" team over the past 2 years so EA sports couldnt overlook that. Peyton better savor the flavor this year cuz if the curse is any indication he wont be playing too long next year.
    I have a strange feeling the Colts are going to go 16-0 and somehow get upset in the playoffs by either the Patriots or Broncos.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"TARKenton" wrote:
    Funny story about madden... they said you can bet that on the gb vs baltimore monday night game, madden will show up naked with a #4 painted on him.
    AW MAN, I JUST ATE LUNCH!!! ukeright: ukeright:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast