Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    dopenose420 is offline Rookie

Madden 2006... make or break?

i'm actually a mod over at www.maddenmania.com

and we just had a couple of our other mods head over to ea studios and got to look at early builds of the game (well its mostly done just some tweaks left) and they said there is no reason to believe that ea with sit around and rest since they took out the competiton.

i agree theres plenty of flaws in the game, but theres flaws in almost every single game, and i believe ea does the best in the business at recreating the game.

but to be honest i'm just like finnish, i'm a HUGE college sports fan, so i enjoy the college game much more, add into the fact that they have montana in the game (even if our jerseys are wrong and the stadiums generic) and i freaking love it. recruiting>drafting.

as for my fave games, right now i'm freaking in love with mvp 2005, and gta:Sa always finds some time in my ps2. i need to pick up brothers in arms cause i hear it even better than the medal of honor games. to many games to little time :lol:
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"dopenose420" wrote:
    i'm actually a mod over at www.maddenmania.com

and we just had a couple of our other mods head over to ea studios and got to look at early builds of the game (well its mostly done just some tweaks left) and they said there is no reason to believe that ea with sit around and rest since they took out the competiton.

i agree theres plenty of flaws in the game, but theres flaws in almost every single game, and i believe ea does the best in the business at recreating the game.

but to be honest i'm just like finnish, i'm a HUGE college sports fan, so i enjoy the college game much more, add into the fact that they have montana in the game (even if our jerseys are wrong and the stadiums generic) and i freaking love it. recruiting>drafting.

as for my fave games, right now i'm freaking in love with mvp 2005, and gta:Sa always finds some time in my ps2. i need to pick up brothers in arms cause i hear it even better than the medal of honor games. to many games to little time :lol:
    Having a hard time believe you when you say that the new medal of honor will be a lot better. Ive been a big fan of the series but they always find ways to dissapoint. Like for example, the first game they had on the pacific theater, they only had like 8 total mission. You could beat it in one whole day, no problem.

They need to add more features and LEVELS to the game before i can believe it will be a lot better. Not just 15 levels, more like 30 and include a fun mulitplayer. Kinda like Halo.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

fred3105 is offline Coordinator

I got Brothers in Arms I truely dont believe its that good I prefer Call of Duty. The texture are really blurry to me and no crosshairs is pretty annoying to.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

F#$% you, EA, they can go to hell, they can go to hell and they can die!!!!

I'm addicted!!!
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

IdahoViking is offline Rookie

I gave my EA Sports to my little brother, I only wish they made Grand Turismo 4 for X box
    Don't worry, I'll take care of it!!

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Madden 2006... make or break?

"Guruzen" wrote:

- A scrambling Michael Vick can throw a 60 yard bomb just as accurate as Peyton Manning
    - A 180lb DB can use the hit stick and totally flatten Jamal Lewis charging full steam at him, causing the fumble
    - A DB who has been burnt downfield has magical boost powers and a 60 inch vertical leap to catch up to the WR and bat down the ball
    - A tipped pass floating straight for Ed Reed for the easy pick will either be dropped or batted down however a Brett Favre bullet on the next play will be picked off by a diving LB also with a 60 inch vertical leap
    I noticed these too here is my list of improvements:

Of course, make DBs hands alot better, there is no reason they should be consistenly 20-30 points below WR catching ability.

Sometimes when I put Kleinsaser in motion then snap the ball he will brush up on Culpepper as Culpepper is giving the handoff to a RB and Culpepper immediate stops, and doesn't hand it off.

It is impossible to connect on a deep pass unless there is completely blown coverage, your WR has speed/acceleration 92+ AND your QB has arm strength 90+. That is outrageous.

When you press the Y button (on Xbox) to catch the ball, playing defense your player completely misjudges the tradjectory of the ball and body position ith the WR (ie. won't try to catch it at its highest point but rather will wait for it while the WR runs in from of him and makes the catch)

Defensive lineman make very little plays when you are not playing them (have them shed blocks better), you are lucky to get a sack from a non-controlled lineman, the same thing goes for safeties who almost never make an impact, except when they get burnt.

Vick IS too good in that game.

ALmost every player rating (non-rookies) in 2005 was too high, yet the results were the the same. Like Rosenthal at 88 still give up sacks and Bwill, Russell and Chavous at 88-92 still suck in coverage. Lower the ranking all around and actually make it difficult to get more than 5-10 players with 88+ rankings on your team.

Make it so you can't exchange all your draft picks to the 0-5 team in week 5.

Make first round selection actually worth what they are worth in trades, ie the first overall is a B+ where as pick 32 is something like B!

Why don't you make "scrambling" QBs in the draft who can actually run (not speed 90/acceleration 30 or speed 50/ acceleration 90)

Why is it that 40 times and short shuttle times do not reflect a WR, CB, RB, ability to run? (I'm tired of drafting guys who run the 4.3 40 and end up having speed 80-85.

Teach the lineman to actually block the player in front of them, instead of just run by the linebacker/Dlineman to go block a safety in running plays, resulting in a loss of yards.

Let us sign FA BEFORE the draft.

Why is it you can roll out of the pocket almost every play?

I am sure there are more but none that come to mind right now.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dopenose420 is offline Rookie

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Having a hard time believe you when you say that the new medal of honor will be a lot better.
    i never said the new medal of honor will be better, i just said i heard brothers in arms was quite the game, some saying better than the medal of honor series.

another great war game is operation flashpoint for the pc.
    [b:4b97d41fa6]Hey Green Bay...[/b:4b97d41fa6]
    [img:4b97d41fa6]http://webpages.charter.net/jferrell/w.gif[/img:4b97d41fa6]

campstove is offline Training Camp

madden will be good next year but this deal is bad news for the consumer.I think in 3 years the product will not be as good without compition but they have to anser the critics(me included)this year. I buy a new game almost every month but I will not support EA as thier way of doing busness will result in more generic games and less inovation since they will force other companies to do the same thing just to stay alive.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

been playin too much MVP baseball 2005 to even think about madden..but i am excited to see us actually have a half decent defensive rating for once, even tho im sure EA will still find a way to have us under 90 overall on defense
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

i know what ya mean olson.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast