vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Louisville's Petrino agrees to coach Falcons

Better than Schiano leaving!

oddmanout22287 is offline Pro-Bowler

"vikes2456" wrote:
    Stupid Rutgers fan
    Was glad to see Schiano stay though, I'm glad you guys have a good, LOYAL coach!
    PM me if you'd like a sig.

ChosenOne is offline Starter

I already posted this in another forum so you are late man.
    "Big names don't win big games, Big hearts win big games"--ChosenOne

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Stupid Rutgers fan
    Was glad to see Schiano stay though, I'm glad you guys have a good, LOYAL coach!
    haha yeah sorry I had to take that shot once I saw that cardinal. If it helps I was rooting for you guys to win the bowl game, Big East deserves some respect

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    Stupid Rutgers fan
    haha yeah sorry I had to take that shot once I saw that cardinal. If it helps I was rooting for you guys to win the bowl game, Big East deserves some respect
    Don't worry, no hard feelings.
    There's only been two games this year where I didn't cheer for Rutgers (I'll let you guess
    ;D ).

We'll get you next year!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    Petrino: I love Louisville, I sign a 10 year contract, I'll be here forever, blah blah blah

->

$$$$$$$$

->

Hi Falcons, screw you Louisville
    Pretty much.
    Not only is he leaving, he's sabotaging our recruiting for a year, and that probability of Brian Brohm or Michael Bush staying is now very close to nil, and thus ANY chance we had at making a run to the N. Championship next year is GONE!
    I don't care that he took a job that paid better, any sane person would do that.
    It's all the lying and shadiness that's been going on since he came here.
    I know nobody here probably cares, but gaaaaaah I'M SO PISSED!
    Wow was that a truck?
    I didn't see that coming....

Everybody is about $$$$$$ Where is the loyalty?
    So we should yell at you next time you take a better, higher paying job at another company?
    I said "I don't care that he took a job that paid better, any sane person would do that.
    It's all the lying and shadiness that's been going on since he came here."
    It's that he just signed a 10 year extension, and after fiascos the past two years where he lied about taking job offers (saying he didn't when he did) he came out and apologized and said over and over he wanted to stay in Louisville, it was his dream job, he wanted to stay so his family could finally have some stability and not be moving around every four years, blah blah blah.
    So no, don't yell at me when I take a better job, but please, yell at me when I have no regard for my loyalty and my word means nothing.
    Loyalty? Why would you expect loyalty?

You're pissed because you're emotionally caught up in the situation as a Louisville fan. "Our" recruiting is screwed. "Our" chance for a national title is shot.

Instead of looking at it from a fan's perspective look at it as part of the sports world as a whole. Sports is no longer about "loyalty" (if such a thing ever existed). It's about money, and 99% of college coaches would jump at the opportuinity to coach in the NFL if given the right job and the right amount of dough.

You can't honestly expect a college coach to go on the podium and say "Well, I might leave if given the right offer." Can you imagine what that would do to their recruiting? How can expect a kid to accept a scholarship from you if they don't even think you're going to be there next year? Given the circumstances, you can't really expect anyone in sports (or big business, because that's what NCAA and pro sports is) to be honest or loyal.

I don't know if it is right, wrong or indifferent, but the climate of the sports world that we live created this situation.

I say don't hate the player, hate the game.

"Ltrey" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=30537.msg520808#msg520808 date=1168241475]
    Petrino: I love Louisville, I sign a 10 year contract, I'll be here forever, blah blah blah

->

$$$$$$$$

->

Pretty much.
    Not only is he leaving, he's sabotaging our recruiting for a year, and that probability of Brian Brohm or Michael Bush staying is now very close to nil, and thus ANY chance we had at making a run to the N. Championship next year is GONE!
    I don't care that he took a job that paid better, any sane person would do that.
    Wow was that a truck?

So we should yell at you next time you take a better, higher paying job at another company?
    I said "I don't care that he took a job that paid better, any sane person would do that.
    It's that he just signed a 10 year extension, and after fiascos the past two years where he lied about taking job offers (saying he didn't when he did) he came out and apologized and said over and over he wanted to stay in Louisville, it was his dream job, he wanted to stay so his family could finally have some stability and not be moving around every four years, blah blah blah.
    So no, don't yell at me when I take a better job, but please, yell at me when I have no regard for my loyalty and my word means nothing.

You're pissed because you're emotionally caught up in the situation as a Louisville fan. "Our" recruiting is screwed. "Our" chance for a national title is shot.

Instead of looking at it from a fan's perspective look at it as part of the sports world as a whole. Sports is no longer about "loyalty" (if such a thing ever existed). It's about money, and 99% of college coaches would jump at the opportuinity to coach in the NFL if given the right job and the right amount of dough.

You can't honestly expect a college coach to go on the podium and say "Well, I might leave if given the right offer." Can you imagine what that would do to their recruiting? How can expect a kid to accept a scholarship from you if they don't even think you're going to be there next year? Given the circumstances, you can't really expect anyone in sports (or big business, because that's what NCAA and pro sports is) to be honest or loyal.

I don't know if it is right, wrong or indifferent, but the climate of the sports world that we live created this situation.

[/quote]

I'll admit that 90% of my anger is due to my allegiance to U of L, but I feel really really bad for his family as well.
    Petrino's never stayed at a job longer than four years, so his family's been bounced around their whole lives.
    Can you imagine his kids having to make new friends and leaving old ones behind every couple years?
    His son is the quarterback for Trinity, one of the best high school football teams in the state (and I think they're ranked nationally too), and was going into his senior year next year as one of the candidates for Mr. Football in KY.

I guess it is foolish of me to expect loyalty in this day and age, and I am thankful for what he's done for the program.
    Still... gaaaah!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "oddmanout22287" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "PurpleGator" wrote:
    [quote author=oddmanout22287 link=topic=30537.msg520817#msg520817 date=1168247295]
    [quote author=cogitans link=topic=30537.msg520808#msg520808 date=1168241475]

->

$$$$$$$$

->

Pretty much.
    Wow was that a truck?

[/quote]

I'll admit that 90% of my anger is due to my allegiance to U of L, but I feel really really bad for his family as well.
    Petrino's never stayed at a job longer than four years, so his family's been bounced around their whole lives.
    Can you imagine his kids having to make new friends and leaving old ones behind every couple years?
    His son is the quarterback for Trinity, one of the best high school football teams in the state (and I think they're ranked nationally too), and was going into his senior year next year as one of the candidates for Mr. Football in KY.

I guess it is foolish of me to expect loyalty in this day and age, and I am thankful for what he's done for the program.
    Still... gaaaah!

[/quote]

You're right, it does suck for his kids. I think the worst thing about it all is that he brought his family into it in the first place, saying that he wants to stay there so his kids have "stability". This way he looks like he doesn't give a crap about that.

"ChosenOne" wrote:
    I already posted this in another forum so you are late man.
    oops. sorry. i looked around to see if there was a new thread about this yet and i didnt see one so i assumed it wasnt posted. my bad!
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12