singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Losing Bernard Berrian a gaffe by Bears

[size=13pt]Losing Bernard Berrian a gaffe by Bears[/size]

Berrian makes out great, but Briggs is losing out

David Haugh
    chicagotribune.com

March 2, 2008

Berrian should give Rosenhaus a fat raise first thing Sunday for convincing the Minnesota Vikings to overpay the wide receiver $42 million for six years, including $16 million in guarantees that doubled the Bears' best offer.

Briggs, on the other hand, should fire Rosenhaus immediately.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Losing Bernard Berrian a gaffe by Bears

Very interesting read my friend.
    I am gonna love watching this kid play ball this year with the right uniform on.
    ;D

By the way, anyone know whats wrong with these statements?

This will be the gaffe that keeps on giving for the Bears, and it didn't have to happen. General manager Jerry Angelo gambled and lost by letting Berrian hit the open market rather than using the franchise tag to keep him in Chicago and negotiate a long-term deal or pay him a $7.86 million salary.

Heck, Briggs is a perfect example of how a team against all odds can retain one of its own players by employing the franchise tag.

Had Angelo used the contractual tool at his disposal, Berrian and Briggs would be Bears today, and there would be real reason to celebrate at Halas Hall.

Losing Berrian hurts the Bears' offense more than keeping Briggs helps the defense
    I thought Lovie would be doing all this stuff.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the head Coach (and not the GM) do this kindof stuff.

(I crack myself up sometimes
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I am gonna love watching this kid play ball this year with the right uniform on.
    ;D

This will be the gaffe that keeps on giving for the Bears, and it didn't have to happen. General manager Jerry Angelo gambled and lost by letting Berrian hit the open market rather than using the franchise tag to keep him in Chicago and negotiate a long-term deal or pay him a $7.86 million salary.

Heck, Briggs is a perfect example of how a team against all odds can retain one of its own players by employing the franchise tag.

Had Angelo used the contractual tool at his disposal, Berrian and Briggs would be Bears today, and there would be real reason to celebrate at Halas Hall.

Losing Berrian hurts the Bears' offense more than keeping Briggs helps the defense
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the head Coach (and not the GM) do this kindof stuff.

;D)
    The GM doesn't do it in MN.

We have no GM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D)
    The GM doesn't do it in MN.

We have no GM
    LOL, the Bores do though.
    Wonder what he does all day?
    Follow Lovie around and watch Lovie bring players in?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

digital420 is online now Team Alumni

bears fans will not be pleased when we have 3 rushing and 3 passing TD's pre game against them

esp when BB will be getting 1 of them
    DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D)
    This quote of Childfress regarding the Berrian negotiations kind of somes it up nicely.

This really ends up being a tremendous collaborative effort here, whether it starts with our travel people coordinating this whole thing. I can’t say enough about the effort that Rick Spielman and George Paton, as well as Jeff (Robinson) and Ryan Monnens and Scott Kuhn have done and filtered through this pro personnel. Obviously the coaches have their hand in that as well, and then Dave Blando and Rob Brzezinski sitting there and hammering it out. I sat in there and listened today and I get more nervous in doing some of that stuff than I do standing on the sideline for Pete’s sake. I had to get up and walk out a couple of times
    I pray we can just assume, when most people say Childress, it is a given they mean
    Childress et. al. in the future.That will save a lot of bandwidth here. LOL!
    ;D
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D)
    This quote of Childfress regarding the Berrian negotiations kind of somes it up nicely.

This really ends up being a tremendous collaborative effort here, whether it starts with our travel people coordinating this whole thing. I can’t say enough about the effort that Rick Spielman and George Paton, as well as Jeff (Robinson) and Ryan Monnens and Scott Kuhn have done and filtered through this pro personnel. Obviously the coaches have their hand in that as well, and then Dave Blando and Rob Brzezinski sitting there and hammering it out. I sat in there and listened today and I get more nervous in doing some of that stuff than I do standing on the sideline for Pete’s sake. I had to get up and walk out a couple of times
    I pray we can just assume, when most people say Childress, it is a given they mean
    Childress et. al. in the future.
    That will save a lot of bandwidth here. LOL!

;D
    You are the only one I let slide on it my friend, because you asked.

;D

Seriously though, I still find it amazing that there are alot of people on this site (for some reason) that believe the HC does all this on his own and completely discounts the front office's role in this.

Funny that the Chiller gets nervous just listening to THEM work the deal.
    How in the hell could he orchestrate one.

;D

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

;D)

Childress et. al. in the future.
    That will save a lot of bandwidth here. LOL!

;D
    You are the only one I let slide on it my friend, because you asked.

;D

Seriously though, I still find it amazing that there are alot of people on this site (for some reason) that believe the HC does all this on his own and completely discounts the front office's role in this.

Funny that the Chiller gets nervous just listening to THEM work the deal.
    How in the hell could he orchestrate one.

;D
    Yes I know my friend. It's just amusing to me. I'm glad someone is willing to set them straight.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer