Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Los Angeles Saints?

Here's a link to a story that says the Saints may move to Los Angeles instead of San Antonio. This would be good news for us if they did move to LA...it would take away all that LA Viking talk we've heard over the past several years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051027/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/saints_los_angeles

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

Re: Los Angeles Saints?

i feel sorry for the saints. LA should not own a football team. it would burn and die. cuz they are all* bandwagon fans.

*most.

Go vikes!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

The only thing that would suck about that would be that most of the Louisiana fans would start to root for the Cowboys...not that there aren't a ton of lame Cowboys fans that already live there now!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

i think that'd be crappy for N.O if the owner sold the Saints to LA. they need something to root for, you saw how happy they were to see Saint players come and visit them. i want to see them in San Antonio until they find another place in Lousiana to move to.

Thanks Josdin

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

From what I understand, the mayor of New Orleans told the owner of the Saints to take his jiggly butt team and get out, if he's exploring options that do not involve coming back to New Orleans. (I'll look for a link) But what he wants from the NFL is a deal like the Browns got where they keep the Saints name and they get the next expansion team. I think that for a few years while the city is being rebuilt it will be tough for the city to support a football team, and if they move to LA atleast I won't have to watch the gol'darnit poohead Raiders every weekend.

On another note there is also talk of when the Chargers lease is up at Jack Murphyquam Park that they may try and relocate that team to LA. At this point I don't know much about that but I have seen stories in newspapers about that out here.
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

its going to be the LA Chargers. the saints will move to somewhere else? how about las vegas?
    We're bringing purple back.

DEEP PURPLE is offline Starter

I misquoted the mayor of New Orleans he said they want the team back and not the owner.

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/frontpage/index.ssf?/base/news-4/113039542350400.xml

Here is a link that mentions something about New Orleans wanting th same deal Clevland got with the Browns.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-saints-bensonbashing&prov=ap&type=lgns
    If I hear Michelle Bonner say "He works that one to right" one more time, I m getting on a plane for Bristol, going to the ESPNEWS set, and ripping out her vocal cords.

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

I bet Red is drooling....

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"DEEP PURPLE" wrote:
    From what I understand, the mayor of New Orleans told the owner of the Saints to take his jiggly butt team and get out, if he's exploring options that do not involve coming back to New Orleans. (I'll look for a link) But what he wants from the NFL is a deal like the Browns got where they keep the Saints name and they get the next expansion team. I think that for a few years while the city is being rebuilt it will be tough for the city to support a football team, and if they move to LA atleast I won't have to watch the gol'darnit poohead Raiders every weekend.

On another note there is also talk of when the Chargers lease is up at Jack Murphyquam Park that they may try and relocate that team to LA. At this point I don't know much about that but I have seen stories in newspapers about that out here.
    the mayor of New Orleans couldnt tell the difference between his mouth and his asss.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Saints owner is a bum,

He'll have to trade in his umbrella that he dances around with for a flack jacket, if he moves to LA....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast