Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

LORD FAVRE CATCHING MORE FLAK

[size=18px]LORD FAVRE CATCHING MORE FLAK[/size]
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

There's plenty of chatter in league circles regarding the failure of Packers quarterback Brett Favre to appear at or participate in the team's weekend minicamp.

Sure, it's "voluntary." But that word has been rendered meaningless over the past five years. Voluntary minicamps are now "voluntary" only in the sense that a guy can't be fined for not attending. The players who believe in the cause and who intend to do their best to contribute for the coming season are expected to be there.

And where else is full participation more important than in Green Bay, where the team is coming off of a disastrous 4-12 season and breaking in a new coaching staff?

And why wouldn't Favre want to be there, especially if this very well could be his last season? He has the rest of his life to ride his tractor and play golf. (Maybe he can find a way to combine the two endeavors.) If he doesn't have a burning desire to soak in the final weeks and months of his pro football experience, maybe he should have retired.

There are other reasons for Favre to be there. Last season, he stayed away from much of the offseason workouts -- and look at the results. A career-high 29 interceptions.

Even if there's no correlation between his lack of preseason reps and his poor performance when the games counted, we always thought that pro athletes looked for ways to make changes after suffering through a bad season, if for no reasons other than superstition. This year, Favre really isn't doing anything much differently than a year ago.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly, the younger players need to see their on-field leader buying in to the new staff and the new zone blocking schemes and anything else that is different from a year ago. It will make it easier for them to sign off on the system, and it will make them less likely to view 2006 as the Favre farewell tour, where winning games is secondary to kissing Brett's butt.

As one league source opined to us, "The front office and coaching staff have no balls, and they are just feeding this guy's massive ego."

Based on the past four months, it's hard not to agree.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

thetrenches68OL is offline Asst. Coach

Re: LORD FAVRE CATCHING MORE FLAK

the man doesnt have to go to "voulantary" minni camp because he knows what he has to do to get the job done. also it is giving Arron Rodgers more reps so when bret breaks down he will do a little better when he gets thrown into the mix next year
    The Trenches are where Games are Decided

Hutch and K. Will baby

sig by PurplePeopleEaters

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

LOSER

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

favre needs the practice. i'm hoping hes going to retire right before the season starts, after TC. hahahaha, then the packers would be even more screwed then they already are

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i dunno, i bet you aaron rogers wouldn't throw 29 interceptions. this guy was at one point predicted to be a #1 overall pick, so he can't be THAT bad. i would rather have favre out there than rogers.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

"thetrenches68OL" wrote:
    the man doesnt have to go to "voulantary" minni camp because he knows what he has to do to get the job done. also it is giving Arron Rodgers more reps so when bret breaks down he will do a little better when he gets thrown into the mix next year
    Well if thats true, hes going to lose his starting job to aaron rodgers...oh wait, no hes not....there going to suck no ifs and buts about it if Varve doesnt take it seriously, theres a new coach, and he better get acclimated to the new coach. all this is adding up for a disastrious season for the pack, where did they really improve this year? maybe through the draft and those are all maybes. Varve is the only leader, and hes mowing his lawn.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    failure of Packers quarterback Brett Favre to appear at or participate in the team's weekend minicamp.
    Leadership

[color=red]

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

He needs to go to "voluntary" mini camp, just to show the team he's serious about coming back for another year. On the other hand you don't need practice to throw another 29 interceptions and look like the fool he is.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I love that at least people outside of Packer fans and rival fans can see what Fav-ra is doing to his team..... And he says it is not about the records..... what else could it be about if he is acting like this?

Thanks Lotza!

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"damien927" wrote:
    I love that at least people outside of Packer fans and rival fans can see what Fav-ra is doing to his team..... And he says it is not about the records..... what else could it be about if he is acting like this?
    damien987, this is off-topic, but have you ever heard Damien by DMX?
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast