Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    if he keeps up his preseason production during the regular season:

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nfl&id=2141192

    How come coaches always try to pigeonhole players...instead of letting them just do what they do best. Dayne appears to be much freer to use his natural talents instead of having to fit into a system. Much like the Raiders trying to use Napo inside in a 3-4 instead of outside in a 4-3...or ANY team trying to use Freddie Mitchell as a pro WR! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  2. #2
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    Cheeseburger Dayne making a run for it? I almost fainted when I read he was being successful. LOL, I wonder if he quit super-sizing.

  3. #3
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    Dayne does this alot, Last year in the preseason he rushed for like 400 and somethin yards...in the regular season?....140 something....

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  4. #4
    moose101 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    I couldn't be more thrilled to see Dayne getting another chance. I grew up watching the badgers and currently attend UW. A few seasons ago, Dayne was at a game at Camp Randall and was introduced at halftime. He got the loudest ovation I have heard in that stadium (except of course Lee Evans TD against tOSU. I think I speak for all with connections to the university when I say best of luck, and hopefully Dayne will get a chance to play the game how he knows to play it best.

  5. #5
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    Every back seems to do good in Denver.. Well good luck to him I guess.. Don't think he will end up starting anytime soon but it's cool when players come back and have good years

  6. #6
    canadian_vikes_fan's Avatar
    canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Every back seems to do good in Denver.. Well good luck to him I guess.. Don't think he will end up starting anytime soon but it's cool when players come back and have good years
    I guess Maurice Clarett is next. I wish we had a running back factory like the Broncos where we could just trade away our backs every year and replace them every time.

    Thanks PPE for the sig.

  7. #7
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    "canadian_vikes_fan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Every back seems to do good in Denver.. Well good luck to him I guess.. Don't think he will end up starting anytime soon but it's cool when players come back and have good years
    I guess Maurice Clarett is next. I wish we had a running back factory like the Broncos where we could just trade away our backs every year and replace them every time.

    I wish we could atleast have 1 back who could start all 16 games and put up decent numbers! A factory would be nice too :smile: who knows Mewelde could be the back we have been looking for

  8. #8
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    "Dayne breaks through the line of scrimmage, he's across the first down marker, he plows through a safety, he's across midfield, the 40...the 30...the 20, he's got a sure Touchdown. Wait a second he's slowing down. There's something on the field near the 10 yard line, Dayne has stopped, he dropped the ball. Wait a second, he's bending over to pick something up, what the??... It's a hot dog, ladies and gentlemen, Dayne is now sitting on the field eating a hot dog. What looked to be a sure TD, is now an unforced fumble going the other way."
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  9. #9
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    "JDogg926" wrote:
    "Dayne breaks through the line of scrimmage, he's across the first down marker, he plows through a safety, he's across midfield, the 40...the 30...the 20, he's got a sure Touchdown. Wait a second he's slowing down. There's something on the field near the 10 yard line, Dayne has stopped, he dropped the ball. Wait a second, he's bending over to pick something up, what the??... It's a hot dog, ladies and gentlemen, Dayne is now sitting on the field eating a hot dog. What looked to be a sure TD, is now an unforced fumble going the other way."
    LMAO, I think I saw that game when he was playing with the Jints.

  10. #10
    muchluv4smoot's Avatar
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,318

    Re: Looks like Ron Dayne might be ALL THAT after all...

    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Dayne does this alot, Last year in the preseason he rushed for like 400 and somethin yards...in the regular season?....140 something....

    Yeah, Dayne's preseason preformance doesn't fool me at all. HE SUCKS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Titans Talking to 'cheeseburger' Dayne
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 09:09 AM
  2. Dayne Maybe?
    By ejmat in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-04-2006, 11:50 AM
  3. Dayne singed by Broncos
    By worshipabba2003 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 09:15 PM
  4. ron dayne
    By supafreak8403 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2003, 11:10 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •