Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    46

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    KevinK wrote:
    First of all.... LT is an ego-maniac. He could care less about the championship imo. He wants the ball. He wants to live in a big city.
    Money helps. But the dude wants the glory. And aint no glory in Brett's, Allen's, and Peterson's homeland...LOL!!

    thats true. he wants the bright city lights and $$$$$$. westbrook fits our system better anyways. i just hope westbrook is close to 100% healthy. i'm not to worried about his concussions. he will see limited action. he'll probably get more receiving yards than rushing yards in our system.
    None

  2. #12
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,579

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    Woohoo no LT for us. This is the best.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #13
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,310

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    KevinK wrote:
    First of all.... LT is an ego-maniac. He could care less about the championship imo. He wants the ball. He wants to live in a big city.
    Money helps. But the dude wants the glory. And aint no glory in Brett's, Allen's, and Peterson's homeland...LOL!!
    I agree that he has always seemed to have a little me-first in him ... but he wants the big city? Then why did he not get out of San Diego like four or five years ago?
    The Jets and Vikings money was probably similar. But in the end, the Jets are a run-first and run-often team and he will see ALOT more carries there. Whether or not he is good enough for it is debatable, but HE certainly thinks he is and wants to show everyone that. He would not get that shot in Minnesota without and injury.
    He clearly was blowing smoke when he said he was willing to accept a smaller role. He is going to New York with the thought in his head that he will earn the starting job and keep it. He might be delusional, but he thinks it is his best shot to be a starter.

  4. #14
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    C Mac D wrote:
    This is a good thing in the long run. I wish LT the best in NY... hell, maybe I'll even go see him play. Whether we sign someone or use Albert Young/Ian Johnson, I have full faith that player will step-up and play to the level of the team.

    Agree 100%. I'm glad we didn't pay that kind of money for him. And I think the Jets would have been better off with Jones than LT. We'll find a way through this...sometimes the best deals are the ones you don't make.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  5. #15
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    C Mac D wrote:
    This is a good thing in the long run. I wish LT the best in NY... hell, maybe I'll even go see him play. Whether we sign someone or use Albert Young/Ian Johnson, I have full faith that player will step-up and play to the level of the team.
    QFT
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boise Idaho
    Posts
    1,022

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    C Mac D wrote:
    This is a good thing in the long run. I wish LT the best in NY... hell, maybe I'll even go see him play. Whether we sign someone or use Albert Young/Ian Johnson, I have full faith that player will step-up and play to the level of the team.
    +1!

  7. #17
    hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    46

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    i cant imagine LT doing as good as a job as jones did in ny. LT has clearly lost a step or two. the jets arent nearly as good as the vikings are. vikes should have beaten the saints. LT just wants the big city spotlight. i hope LT likes playing in bad weather for the rest of his career.
    None

  8. #18
    WINEemDINEem69em is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    19

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    yeah i don't know how much LT signed for but jones could not have been that much more, and i would say is the superior back at this stage. Hopefully we can grab a good pass catching back in the draft.
    None

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    I wonder if it is still about a "Championship" or if he wanted to go were he thought he would get more reps.....

    Some things I think he pondered.....

    a. AD/Green - Of the two, I would assume that he wanted to backup Greene if in fact its about carries and production.

    b. OL - Jets definately have a better OL. If I was an older back, looking to prove I wasn't and older back, I'd pick the best OL.

    c. QB - I don't think this has much play in it, but, if the assumption is the Noodle will be back, he probably opted to run behind the 2nd year starter. Again, more reps for the RB.

    In the end, I like that the FO pukes looked at him, but I am also glad they didn't spend spend to land him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re:Looks like LT will be a jet

    Marrdro wrote:
    I wonder if it is still about a "Championship" or if he wanted to go were he thought he would get more reps.....

    Some things I think he pondered.....

    a. AD/Green - Of the two, I would assume that he wanted to backup Greene if in fact its about carries and production.

    b. OL - Jets definately have a better OL. If I was an older back, looking to prove I wasn't and older back, I'd pick the best OL.

    c. QB - I don't think this has much play in it, but, if the assumption is the Noodle will be back, he probably opted to run behind the 2nd year starter. Again, more reps for the RB.

    In the end, I like that the FO pukes looked at him, but I am also glad they didn't spend spend to land him.
    I agree. Why waste money on a backup to possibly the best RB in the league who just happens to be entering his prime? Feed AD the rock and give Young a series or two each game.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •