Texas Viking is offline Starter

Looking for advice for Super Bowl 2011 tickets

Being I live in Arlington where the next SB will be played, and I really think the Vikes have a legitimate chance to go all the way, Iíd like to purchase one SB ticket as early as possible. Yeah, just one, Iím a lonely guy. But thereís conflicting information out there on how these tickets work.

I see there are websites now offering tickets for sale, are these guaranteed tickets? What do they do, send out a voucher that reserved the ticket in your name and then you get the actual ticket the week of the game? I know Iím going to spend close to $2,000 for even a cheap ticket, but I want to make sure Iím getting one if I buy one online.

I was hoping someone could enlighten me on how these SB tickets work, and if I can purchase one now. Thanks for the help!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Looking for advice for Super Bowl 2011 tickets

Superbowl tickets for the most part are NOT available to the general public.

There is a limited amount that are made available in a lottery draw, but winning the draw only gives you the right to buy a ticket, you still have to fork up the money. As to when that draw happens, I'm not sure if its been done for this year yet. Nodak usually makes a thread with the details where you can submit an application(Free).

As for jsut one, I'm not sure how they do that. I know normally they like to sell in pairs, as single tickets are tougher to sell, but for the superbowl, who knows.

Contact NodakPaul and see if he has any info.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Super Bowl tickets are only available to the general public through the annual superbowl lottery. Unfortunately the submission period to be entered in lottery ended on June 1st. For more information on that, check out this link: http://www.purplepride.org/index.php/community/discussion/2-vikings-fan-forum/1043655-do-you-want-tickets-to-super-bowl-xlv

The only other way for the general public to get a ticket is to buy one from a reseller. These are the ones that you see available right now. Most of these are sponsor tickets. The way it works (or at least the way it worked last year) is the tickets would be reserved in your name and address, and you pick them up with a photo ID the day of the game. They used to send them via registered mail, but the NFL wanted to crack down on the amount of tickets scalped, so they switched it.

Before buying from a reseller (whose prices will remain relatively constant), I would wait until early November and start watching eBay. The people who won the NFL lottery but can't go will start putting them online, and you can get a pair of tickets in the $2-$3k range. Then you can sell one to recoup half of your cost pretty easily. Hell, if I don't score a ticket and the Vikings are in the game, PM me and I will take one off from you.

There is one caveat when buying Super Bowl tickets though - starting last year, all sales had to be final before the playoffs started. This means that you don't know for sure who is in the big game when you have to commit the money. My recommendation, since you live in Arlington and the Vikings stand a pretty good chance this year, roll the dice and see what happens. Even if the Vikings don't go, the Super Bowl is an AMAZING experience, and it will be even more remarkable in the Dallas Palace.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

gotta say, the man knows his superbowl tickets...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    And Jello shots, and police procedure.
    A very handy guy to know.

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

jmcdon00 wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    And Jello shots, and police procedure.
    A very handy guy to know.
    MMMMMM... jello shots!! Can't wait for them!!

Texas Viking is offline Starter

Re:Looking for advice for Super Bowl 2011 tickets

Thanks for the information! Even if I donít score a ticket, Iím sure Iíll be tailgating. Theyíve been hyping the game since before the last SB was over, and you know old Jones will make this one a year to remember.