Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Look who the media is bashing now.

No more Randy on the Vikings. So look who the media bashes now :lol:

akvikefan89 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Look who the media is bashing now.

Everyone knows Brett Favre is an employee of the Packers, but no one knew until last week that he is actually a member of team management, too.
    How else to explain his commentary on the contract dispute of teammate Javon Walker, who skipped a recent Packers minicamp and is threatening to hold out the season unless his contract is renegotiated?
    ``Whatever happened to the team concept?' Favre told the Green Bay Press Gazette, adding that if the receiver doesn't change his stance, ``I'd just as soon go without him. . . . We can win without him.'

The comments played well in Wisconsin and across the league, where Favre's legend remains unchecked and there's little sympathy for players who demand more money after one good season. Walker's 2004 Pro Bowl berth was his first.
    The remarks won't play well in the Green Bay locker room.
    It's virtually unheard of for players to take the side of management against fellow players, at least on teams that are functioning properly. Did any Patriots [stats, news] player ever criticize Lawyer Milloy [news] during his salary dispute in 2003? Did anyone oppose Ty Law [news] in the 2004 offseason, even though he was clearly out of line? The answer is no, because Pats players stick together. They supported Milloy (especially quarterback Tom Brady [news]) and stood by Law. That's the way it works.
    But not in Green Bay. Making it worse for Favre is the fact he's no longer in a position to talk about what does or doesn't win games.
    Since 1998, Mike Holmgren's last year as Packers head coach, Favre has started seven playoff games and won just two, throwing 16 interceptions (against 11 touchdowns) in the process. In his past two divisional-round playoff contests, Favre gave away a game in St. Louis with six interceptions and handed another to the Eagles with a pick on the first series of overtime. Favre's latest playoff appearance, against the Vikings and their 29th-ranked defense last January in Green Bay, resulted in four interceptions and a 31-17 loss.
    It seems the myth of Brett Favre has obscured the reality. Everyone believes he's infallible at Lambeau Field, even though he's actually lost eight games there the past two years. Everyone believes he's unstoppable in cold weather, even though two of his last three playoff exits came at home against dome teams. Everyone is sure that, with 225 consecutive starts, no one is tougher, even though Favre so routinely shies away from contact that he'll unload the ball anywhere, anytime.
    --Boston Herald

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

They're done. What little shred of dignity Farve' had left is now gone. Only the fans love him, but that will only get him so far on the field. Gonna be tough for him to find a receiver to go across the middle now and grab that tough catch in tight coverage .... (that made me giggle, warm fuzzies !!)

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

That's funny. In a way, it mirrors what we have been saying here...for YEARS. Brett should have retired at the end of the season. His "Legacy" is being tarnished more and more with the passage of time.

Sure, he'll sweep into the HOF in his 1st year of eligibility, but I think history won't paint such a bright picture of him. Remove the fanatacism of his current fan base by dropping 10+ years in, then take a look back at him. I think the errors - the CRITICAL errors - he's made during key games will come more into focus.

And, since it's looking more and more like the Packers may be cellar bound this season - with Brett at the helm - he's going to need some new excuses.

Madden has already replaced him...he's been "cheating" with Brady for 2 years now.

Caine

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

Haha, Favre is going down the crapper and he's too stupid or arrogant to realize when he needs to quit

Del Rio Guest

Not sure how I feel about Favre and what he said. On one hand I respect it. The guy had one good year, his agent is the devil and Favre called him on it. He said what all of us were thinking. I kind of liek that.

On the other hand they play the game on a level that includes money and is a buisiness. And I assume the playing and the paying need to be seperated by some sort of trust.

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

I am with D.Sharper as far as this topic is concerned. How can brett talk smack about javon not being there at minicamp when he is not there himself. :scratch:

Del Rio Guest

"michaelmazid" wrote:
    I am with D.Sharper as far as this topic is concerned. How can brett talk smack about javon not being there at minicamp when he is not there himself. :scratch:
    Well Brett isn't holding out. Javon is there is a disticnt difference.

Pigskin Bigs Guest

As far as I'm concerned Favre can say what he wants. So can every other player on that team. But why is Favre the only one talking? Is he placing himself above the team by doing so? Yes, he is. And I like it. Trouble in Pack land!!!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"Pigskin Bigs" wrote:
    As far as I'm concerned Favre can say what he wants. So can every other player on that team. But why is Favre the only one talking? Is he placing himself above the team by doing so? Yes, he is. And I like it. Trouble in Pack land!!!
    Nah...he's the only one they asked most likely. The Media knows how he feels about crap like this...and he oblidged them.

Truth is, I agree with what he said. My earlier post had more to do with the fact that his image is tarnishing...and the rest of the world is just now starting to see that.

Caine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast