Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Hawkeye23 is offline Starter

Re: Look at THIS stupid mock!

"davike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    hey everybody Leon Hall would be great everyone else who thinks otherwise shut it he is fast and good at covering cedric griffin needs a year to develop and i would hate to have tank williams have to cover the 3rd reciever instead we could have griffing cover him.
    Depth at CB is crucial now that teams use 3-4-or 5 wr sets we would have got OWNED by seattle if we didnt injure Wusselback
    Ok, I am not going to argue the other part of your post even though I could, but that statement is just ridiculous, we allowed only one big pass play and that was because Whitacker got behind Jackson on a slant route. I could give you stats and the timing of Hasslebacks injury but im not going to waste my time
    what was the score when we injured him? their offense fell apart with Seneca he threw a lot of bad passes and if i can remember 2or3 picks so yeah that IS why we won

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    hey everybody Leon Hall would be great everyone else who thinks otherwise shut it he is fast and good at covering cedric griffin needs a year to develop and i would hate to have tank williams have to cover the 3rd reciever instead we could have griffing cover him.
    Depth at CB is crucial now that teams use 3-4-or 5 wr sets we would have got OWNED by seattle if we didnt injure Wusselback
    Ok, I am not going to argue the other part of your post even though I could, but that statement is just ridiculous, we allowed only one big pass play and that was because Whitacker got behind Jackson on a slant route. I could give you stats and the timing of Hasslebacks injury but im not going to waste my time
    what was the score when we injured him? their offense fell apart with Seneca he threw a lot of bad passes and if i can remember 2or3 picks so yeah that IS why we won

The score was 10-10, Hassleback was 7-17 for 127 yards, most of that being on the 75 yard pass to Jackson. They had rushed for a grand total of 44 yards on 12 carries (one of which was a 27 yard scamper). They had advanced into our territory once besides the touch down pass, and that ended in a FG. We had played good defense and we had been playing decent football. In the second half, Seahawks backup QB Wallace threw for 134 yards 24/25 and two picks. Interception #1 was Wallaces 2nd pass and resulted in no points. Interception #2 came late in the fourth with about a minute to go at our 20 yardline, it resulted in BJ kneeling twice and ending the game. The only thing that wallace really did that sealed the deal for us was fumbling in the endzone to be recovered by Keven Williams, but we were still up by 14 points at that time and we were playing good football. Wallace didn't have alot of bad passes, he took a bit to get warmed up but that is natural.

I think that we would have won regardless of Hasslebacks injury, he wasn't playing good football. Yes it did have an effect on them emotionally, yes they lost their leader, yes Alexander was out....its football, everyone has to deal with injuries. You can pin it on just about anything, you can take a good win away from he vikings, but I will not and I will defend them on it. They weren't playing good football when Hassleback had control or when he got hurt, we were, look at the stats, they don't lie....

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

im just saying hasselback is very good with 5 wide recievers and we had 3 good corners at the time.
    all im saying is that he could have moved the chains alot if they abandoned the run game and i still think we could have easily lost that game.
    Nevertheless it was a great win

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"davike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:

The score was 10-10, Hassleback was 7-17 for 127 yards, most of that being on the 75 yard pass to Jackson. They had rushed for a grand total of 44 yards on 12 carries (one of which was a 27 yard scamper). They had advanced into our territory once besides the touch down pass, and that ended in a FG. We had played good defense and we had been playing decent football. In the second half, Seahawks backup QB Wallace threw for 134 yards 24/25 and two picks. Interception #1 was Wallaces 2nd pass and resulted in no points. Interception #2 came late in the fourth with about a minute to go at our 20 yardline, it resulted in BJ kneeling twice and ending the game. The only thing that wallace really did that sealed the deal for us was fumbling in the endzone to be recovered by Keven Williams, but we were still up by 14 points at that time and we were playing good football. Wallace didn't have alot of bad passes, he took a bit to get warmed up but that is natural.

I think that we would have won regardless of Hasslebacks injury, he wasn't playing good football. Yes it did have an effect on them emotionally, yes they lost their leader, yes Alexander was out....its football, everyone has to deal with injuries. You can pin it on just about anything, you can take a good win away from he vikings, but I will not and I will defend them on it. They weren't playing good football when Hassleback had control or when he got hurt, we were, look at the stats, they don't lie....
    The Seahawks could have just as easily beaten the Bears too...IF Shawn Alexander hadn't gotten hurt THE WEEK BEFORE (which didn't allow for them to make the offensive adjustments that they had made by the time they played the Vikings).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

That is a bad mock, I don't like Ginn but I doubt he falls to Indy, or Olsen falls to the Bears or that someone reaches on Jonathan Wade. I can't see us drafting a CB that high we're not that desperate for CB help.

Landry or Nelson at S maybe but not a CB, at least not this year.

i think if we dont wanna waste time devolping a defensive lineman we draft one thats good right from the start but if we can get Quinn that'd be good and Leon Hall is fast and can cover good and Griffin did kind of good but he is slow for a CB i think Leon Hall would be the best bet.

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    i think if we dont wanna waste time devolping a defensive lineman we draft one thats good right from the start but if we can get Quinn that'd be good and Leon Hall is fast and can cover good and Griffin did kind of good but he is slow for a CB i think Leon Hall would be the best bet.
    Tell me again why you think we need a CB

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

http://nfl.com/draft/story/10069968

Check out this mock.
    They have us trading our 7th pick to Atlanta and taking Jamaal Anderson.
    I wouldn't cry with picking him.
    They have us getting another third rounder.

"davike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:

Cedric Griffin is slow and we need a #1 CB by the time Winfield retires and Griffin is to slow to be our best cornerback

"Hawkeye23" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    "Hawkeye23" wrote:

Cedric Griffin is slow and we need a #1 CB by the time Winfield retires and Griffin is to slow to be our best cornerback
    Speed isn't everything my friend (Williamson)

besides, I think you under estimate Griffens speed, where did you get the that he was slow?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast