Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

Re: A look ahead to the NFC North

This article perpetuates a trend that I have noticed this off-season. K. Robinson has received no credit from anyone for his play last season. He had a great year and has matured by leaps and bounds since his fallout in Seattle. I think that K. Robinson is a really good receiver, he could probably start for any team in the NFL as a #1 or #2. And I still tremendous upside to him, doesn't seem like he has peaked out yet. The guy has top level speed, not quite as fast as Williamson, he runs great routes, and he defintely understands his job on the field. I just think that he deserves more mention/respect than he has received this off-season.

But flying under the radar makes for a big surprise offensive!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

not a bad article for nfl.com =P

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

not bad..i like this article...<.>

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Good article, but one thing KILLS me about these so-called experts: I love the way they cover their asses in their predictions.

For instance, his Green Bay take ("McCarthy has his hands extremely full in Green Bay, but the Packers still have Favre. And as long as they have Favre, they have a chance to compete and win."). In one part of the sentence he says McCarthy has his hands full (the Packers aren't good enough to compete), but they have Favre, so they have a chance to compete and win. Why not grow some balls and come out and say it? The Packers are going to be lousy this year, with or without Favre.

Plain and simple.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I think it is a pretty fair assessment, except for the lack of mentioning K-rob re-signing.

Thanks Lotza!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    This article perpetuates a trend that I have noticed this off-season. K. Robinson has received no credit from anyone for his play last season. He had a great year and has matured by leaps and bounds since his fallout in Seattle. I think that K. Robinson is a really good receiver, he could probably start for any team in the NFL as a #1 or #2. And I still tremendous upside to him, doesn't seem like he has peaked out yet. The guy has top level speed, not quite as fast as Williamson, he runs great routes, and he defintely understands his job on the field. I just think that he deserves more mention/respect than he has received this off-season.

He had a fairly mediocre year as a WR last year (22 catches, 1 TD) and a pretty good year as a KR.

I don't think it's unreasonable for writers and commentators not to be as high on him as we are here.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Wow, 2 things I totally disagree with..

Tank Williams is a step back at the Safety position after losing Corey Chavous? Some agree, some disagree, but Tank Williams is a better fit then Corey Chavous is.. So getting beat on almost every play makes you a great Safety in the NFL? If so, then I guess Corey Chavous is better..

The Packers still have Brett Favre, and as long as Favre is still in Green Bay, then Green Bay has a chance to win.. Just proof that Vic Cucci doesn't know his a$$ from apple butter.. Has anyone other then Viking fans sen Favre play the past few years? The guy sucks.. He throws way to many INT's, he tries to put the ball where it can't go, and he can no longer run a 2 min offense with success.. If the cheese has 2 mins left to go ahead, you may as well put a L next to their name.. He is way overated, and does not deserve the credit he gets.. IMO..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"AWZeus" wrote:
    "bigdaddy72_1" wrote:

He had a fairly mediocre year as a WR last year (22 catches, 1 TD) and a pretty good year as a KR.

I don't think it's unreasonable for writers and commentators not to be as high on him as we are here.

=Z=
    He didn't play a full season by any means and was benched a lot of the time last year. The fact that he was incredible when he was full-time as KR makes me think that he can be just as good as a WR.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "AWZeus" wrote:
    "bigdaddy72_1" wrote:

=Z=
    He didn't play a full season by any means and was benched a lot of the time last year. The fact that he was incredible when he was full-time as KR makes me think that he can be just as good as a WR.
    The guy made the pro-bowl, not something a mediocre season would merit.

boognish is offline Coordinator

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    Wow, 2 things I totally disagree with..

Tank Williams is a step back at the Safety position after losing Corey Chavous? Some agree, some disagree, but Tank Williams is a better fit then Corey Chavous is.. So getting beat on almost every play makes you a great Safety in the NFL? If so, then I guess Corey Chavous is better..

The Packers still have Brett Favre, and as long as Favre is still in Green Bay, then Green Bay has a chance to win.. Just proof that Vic Cucci doesn't know his a$$ from apple butter.. Has anyone other then Viking fans sen Favre play the past few years? The guy sucks.. He throws way to many INT's, he tries to put the ball where it can't go, and he can no longer run a 2 min offense with success.. If the cheese has 2 mins left to go ahead, you may as well put a L next to their name.. He is way overated, and does not deserve the credit he gets.. IMO..
    Yeah, I've watched him the past few seasons. Last year was a bad one for him, but his team was decimated by injuries...in 2004, 2003, and 2002 he led the Peckers to win the NFC North division title. I know it's fun to call Favre a washed up old punk, but I guarantee that Childress and our coaching staff don't view him that way. Neither do NFL experts around the League.

One thing you should never do, is underestimate Favre's ability to single-handedly lead his team to a victory. Take off your purple tinted shades for half a minute.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast