Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094936
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094933
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094930
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094921
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094913
    Tom Brady.

/thread.
    .....snicker......You crack me up.

I wonder how many Brady's we will see in the league in 5 years and how many Vicks we will see?

Again, keep going back to the discussion they had a few weeks back on NFLN about how defenses are gearing up to stop the spread. First part of that will be to get at the QB and get at him fast.

In short, anyone with a Brady, Manning type QB better have a damn good backup ready to go cause they are going to get hit hard and often no matter how good the OL is.

Just throwing that out there.

Guys like RodgPUKER and Big Ben have succeeded despite crapy OL's. The reason is because they can get out of the pocket, move around and keep the play alive by negating that rush with their legs/feet while their recievers finally got through that mess now called a Zone/Press.
    So what you're saying is, forget about Kolb and go with Webb.
    Beat me to it lol.

If the league is going to be full of Mike Vicks then they better alter the rosters to allow 5 QB's because the teams are going to need them.
    Please don't let me lead you to believe I think these guys will be runners like Atlanta Mike Vick.

Teams will get smart and use them, not as pure runners like most think when they think Vick, but rather as a guy who can move around in the pocket, roll out, extend the play etc, to keep them upright instead of dead like the pocket passer/statue.

Kindof in the manner that the Iggles were trying to do with Mike until he got cocky and started running again.
    Yet the pocket passers will continue to win SUPER BOWLS
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Look at Aaron Rodgers for a prototypical qb

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094936
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094933
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094930
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094921
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094913
    Tom Brady.

/thread.
    .....snicker......You crack me up.

I wonder how many Brady's we will see in the league in 5 years and how many Vicks we will see?

Again, keep going back to the discussion they had a few weeks back on NFLN about how defenses are gearing up to stop the spread. First part of that will be to get at the QB and get at him fast.

In short, anyone with a Brady, Manning type QB better have a damn good backup ready to go cause they are going to get hit hard and often no matter how good the OL is.

Just throwing that out there.

Guys like RodgPUKER and Big Ben have succeeded despite crapy OL's. The reason is because they can get out of the pocket, move around and keep the play alive by negating that rush with their legs/feet while their recievers finally got through that mess now called a Zone/Press.
    So what you're saying is, forget about Kolb and go with Webb.
    Beat me to it lol.

If the league is going to be full of Mike Vicks then they better alter the rosters to allow 5 QB's because the teams are going to need them.
    Please don't let me lead you to believe I think these guys will be runners like Atlanta Mike Vick.

Teams will get smart and use them, not as pure runners like most think when they think Vick, but rather as a guy who can move around in the pocket, roll out, extend the play etc, to keep them upright instead of dead like the pocket passer/statue.

Kindof in the manner that the Iggles were trying to do with Mike until he got cocky and started running again.
    Refresh my memory a little for me because CRS is setting in as of late but didn't Vick spend some time on the shelf for an injury he sustained from this rolling around in the pocket thing? Then also, didn't Kolb end up on the shelf for a few games too?

Compare that to the number of games Brady and Manning missed during that same time period. Hopefully I will be lucid enough to comprehend your response.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12