pocket passers pass for lots of yards and don't win championships

Marino
    Manning will only get 1
    Bledsoe
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Look at Aaron Rodgers for a prototypical qb

Yes but is it manning's fault or his team's fault that he won't win another super bowl (likely). I guarantee if Manning was on the fudge packers he would have about 3-4 super bowls. Colts Defense isn't even close to the packers. I'd say even the packers running game is better than the colts.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Enough with the Packer love..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Tom Brady.

/thread.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094913
    Tom Brady.

/thread.
    .....snicker......You crack me up.

I wonder how many Brady's we will see in the league in 5 years and how many Vicks we will see?

Again, keep going back to the discussion they had a few weeks back on NFLN about how defenses are gearing up to stop the spread. First part of that will be to get at the QB and get at him fast.

In short, anyone with a Brady, Manning type QB better have a damn good backup ready to go cause they are going to get hit hard and often no matter how good the OL is.

Just throwing that out there.

Guys like RodgPUKER and Big Ben have succeeded despite crapy OL's. The reason is because they can get out of the pocket, move around and keep the play alive by negating that rush with their legs/feet while their recievers finally got through that mess now called a Zone/Press.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094921
    Tom Brady.

/thread.

I wonder how many Brady's we will see in the league in 5 years and how many Vicks we will see?

Again, keep going back to the discussion they had a few weeks back on NFLN about how defenses are gearing up to stop the spread. First part of that will be to get at the QB and get at him fast.

In short, anyone with a Brady, Manning type QB better have a damn good backup ready to go cause they are going to get hit hard and often no matter how good the OL is.

Guys like RodgPUKER and Big Ben have succeeded despite crapy OL's. The reason is because they can get out of the pocket, move around and keep the play alive by negating that rush with their legs/feet while their recievers finally got through that mess now called a Zone/Press.
    So what you're saying is, forget about Kolb and go with Webb.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kyleburkle" #1094899
    Everyone thinks guys like matt ryan are
    the ideal
    guys that move well like roethlisberger and rodgers are what you need
    pocket passers pass for lots of yards and don't win championships

Marino
    Manning will only get 1
    Bledsoe
    Tom Brady?????????
    Troy Aikman??????

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1094930
    Tom Brady.

/thread.

Beat me to it lol.

If the league is going to be full of Mike Vicks then they better alter the rosters to allow 5 QB's because the teams are going to need them.

Tom Brady.

/thread.

LOL, almost my friend. I would say TJ and Webb but would get keelhauled on here for even thinking that TJ might still succeed in this league.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094933
    Tom Brady.

/thread.

Beat me to it lol.

If the league is going to be full of Mike Vicks then they better alter the rosters to allow 5 QB's because the teams are going to need them.
    Please don't let me lead you to believe I think these guys will be runners like Atlanta Mike Vick.

Teams will get smart and use them, not as pure runners like most think when they think Vick, but rather as a guy who can move around in the pocket, roll out, extend the play etc, to keep them upright instead of dead like the pocket passer/statue.

Kindof in the manner that the Iggles were trying to do with Mike until he got cocky and started running again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast