Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

With little work, Ryan Cook fills in at center

That Ryan Cook was active for Wednesday’s regular-season opener against the New York Giants was a bit of a surprise, considering he practiced with the team only three times following his acquisition in a trade from Miami.

That Cook took all but three snaps at center in the Cowboys’ 24-17 win is even more stunning, but he was pressed into duty when Phil Costa’s back tightened up in the first series.
    With little work, Ryan Cook fills in at center - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas

Still say we should have tried this kid at Center instead of RT. One thing I've always held against the Chiller.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    With little work, Ryan Cook fills in at center - Dallas Cowboys Blog - ESPN Dallas

Still say we should have tried this kid at Center instead of RT. One thing I've always held against the Chiller.
    You were also one of the guys that Cook was too tall to play Centre. he was drafted as a Centre, we moved him.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    You were also one of the guys that Cook was too tall to play Centre. he was drafted as a Centre, we moved him.
    He played centER in college, but they did not draft him to play centER, because we still had Birk when Cook was drafted.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    RumoUr has it the coloUr of your face turns red when reading how I spell centRE

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I gotta agree Marr.... You were always saying he was too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Wait a minute. I think I actually said that a QB needed to be a certain height based on the size of the center didn't I?

Regardless, my issue still stands that I blamed the Chiller for putting him at RT and never blamed him for trying like alot of you did on here.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I gotta agree Marr.... You were always saying he was too tall.
    Again, I think the discussion was more along the lines of how tall the QB needed to be behind the center and not so much that he (specifically) was too tall.

If I did, then I'm ready to eat crow.

On a side note, I do remember standing by him and wanting him to get more reps at Center than Sully did. Not sure if I've officially had my filling of Sully crow pie but I've sure been waiting for the rest of you to admit it.