Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lions will make a quick move on WR Curtis

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "OnlyVikes" wrote:
    So, it begs the question of WHO exactly are we going to pick up to address our swiss cheese team...
    First, sorry about my earlier rant.
    The irrational negativity is getting to me.

I don't know what the plans are for the offseason.
    But I am willing to bet that it isn't just to sit with our thumbs up our dimply buttocks and watch every FA go by.

Maybe we are looking to trade up like Ned thinks.
    Maybe Childress is looking for gems like Chester (which I think he may have gotten in Shank).
    Maybe the FA isn't deep enough, or the players are asking for way too much.

And if we don't get every big player in the world through FA (like Washington
    :), there is always trades.
    And don't forget about the draft.

The season has not started yet, there is no reason to jump the proverbial ship.
    Again, well said.

I would just like to add that it isn't only B-chill making decisions but rather a whole staff.
    I have more faith in the pentagon of power at winter park than I do in the ream of retards at pp.o.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:

Good god.
    Chill the F out.
    Do you really think we didn't try to land Curtis?
    If he wants to go to Detroit to be with Martz, then you have to know that he will at least interview there.

The only thing worse than a optimistic homer is someone who bitches about everything.
    Nothing substantial, just bitching.

I am not trying to call anybody out, but if you posted 10 times today, and every post
    was a rant about the same gol 'darnit thing...
    gol 'darnit!
    Don't get your panties in such a bunch.
    The offseason is long.
    The f'in joke is that some of you have already decided that the game won't win any games next season...
    It isn't just Curtis though, its all of the decent veterans that are out there(or were out there) and so far we've signed a backup TE and a special-teamer(who also didn't look happy to sign with us in the first place). So, it begs the question of WHO exactly are we going to pick up to address our swiss cheese team...
    It seems that NO ONE of any consequence is interested in playing for the Vikings...we had better have one HECK of a DRAFT then!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

You guys are acting like there are such superstars out there in FA, newsflash, there isn't.
    Those like Adalius Thomas, who are the closest thing, have a bunch of other teams with just as much if not more cap room going for them.
    No sense in overpaying for average talent, when you do that, you become the Washington Redskins.

Granted I feel like we overpaid Visanthe, but I can't really say I've paid attention to him or really watched him play, so I'll reserve my judgement.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Odin VAVikefan is offline Pro-Bowler

Think about it from players' perspectives as well. Assume you are a player with absolutely no ties and/or loyalties to the Vikings or Minnesota...

Assuming you are getting roughly equally ompetitive offers from the Vikings and a number of other teams, would you be more likely to (A) Sign with a small-market (i.e. less endorsement $) team that has lost its popular and effective D-Coordinator, has many serious question marks on offense, is coached by a notoriously stubborn and uncommunicative (both with media AND players) coach with a bad offensive scheme, in a crappy dome and with no real guaranteee of a better venue in the near future, or (B) sign with one of the other teams offering a relatively equal contract?

If we want these FA's bad enough, we're going to have to pay way more than some teams, or we'll pick up players that are not in demand. So far it appears we're going with the latter. I could be wrong, but so far my fears seem to be panning out...
    NMA -- www.newmodelarmy.org

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    You guys are acting like there are such superstars out there in FA, newsflash, there isn't.
    Those like Adalius Thomas, who are the closest thing, have a bunch of other teams with just as much if not more cap room going for them.
    No sense in overpaying for average talent, when you do that, you become the Washington Redskins.

Granted I feel like we overpaid Visanthe, but I can't really say I've paid attention to him or really watched him play, so I'll reserve my judgement.
    You know, a week ago many of the same people were saying that the FA market is weak, there's nobody to go after.
    Now those same folks are whining that we're not buying up those folks.
    It's mind boggling how illogical these boards can get.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

wreakshavok is offline Rookie

Whats the old saying "Its not over till the fat lady sings?"Did anyone really expect Childress and the Vikings Brass to make any earth shattering moves?? Curtis is an average WR but he is better than anyone the vikings are running out on the field right now! I'm suprised T-Will didn't get cut?? At least traded to the texans for eric moulds or something! Maybe Curtis will sign with the vikes once he sees the cache the vikes spend on back-up players! maybe ted ginn jr. is the answer????? can you feel the excitement? :

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

You know, a week ago many of the same people were saying that the FA market is weak, there's nobody to go after.
    The FA market might be weak...but most of those players are STILL BETTER than what we have now!
    Swapping Wiggins for Shiancoe is a backwards step IMHO...and not replacing Marcus Robinson with someone like Drew Bennett is also a poor move IMO.
    BUT I guess that playing for the Vikings is not a very appealing choice right now.
    :'(
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

The FA market might be weak...but most of those players are STILL BETTER than what we have now!
    Swapping Wiggins for Shiancoe is a backwards step IMHO...and not replacing Marcus Robinson with someone like Drew Bennett is also a poor move IMO.
    BUT I guess that playing for the Vikings is not a very appealing choice right now.
    Did you see the coin that the real FA are getting signed for?
    Overpaying many of them.
    Shank is coming out of Shockey's shadow and appears to have a postiive mindset and is excited to prove himself, his role was as a blocker and all reports say he can catch.
    Bennett would have been an ok pickup.
    They will be fine.
    The FA period is young and a lot can still happen.
    Childress & co. did a great job last year (n=1) and the jury is still out for this yr.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:

Did you see the coin that the real FA are getting signed for?
    Overpaying many of them.
    Shank is coming out of Shockey's shadow and appears to have a postiive mindset and is excited to prove himself, his role was as a blocker and all reports say he can catch.
    Bennett would have been an ok pickup.
    They will be fine.
    The FA period is young and a lot can still happen.
    Childress & co. did a great job last year (n=1) and the jury is still out for this yr.
    good point i mean i think people are getting overpayed but i think chilly and co will figure it out the one good thing they did is f/a and the draft.... F/a is still young its like what 2 days now... we got some time.... so curtis is going to the lions to interview doesnt mean he signed, and if he does there is still stallworth and bennett, its not like curtis is amazing and will score 15 td's so everyone needs to calm down and things will fall into place... btw id like shank i mudt admit id get a jersey that said shank on it

Thanks josdin00

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:

and drop the ball on resigning Jason Whittle.. Who do we replace them with? A overpaid career backup TE that hasn't proven his worth.. Oh, and a basic no name on ST's.. Real good way to keep your fans happy... :
    man, ciurciu was an excellent pickup for us..did u watch the vikings kick coverage units last year? they were absolutely horrible! we needed a great special teamer like him, especially one that can also add LB depth..i thought that was a great signing
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12