Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Lions will make a quick move on WR Curtis

[size=13pt]Lions target Rams' Curtis[/size]
    Wideout is first priority, but Detroit won't chase big-money players.

Mike O'Hara / The Detroit News

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Lions will make a quick move on WR Curtis

Curtis wants to be a Lion, but there's a snag

Kevin Curtis wants to play for the Lions and he's on his way to Detroit, but a deal is far from done........

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2007_03.html#242073

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I can't imagine wanting to play for the Lions, especially when the Ford family, Millen, and Martz are poisoning the place.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Receiver Kevin Curtis is expected to arrive in Detroit tonight and meet with Lions officials in Allen Park tomorrow. According to multiple sources, Curtis has said he wants to be reunited with coordinator Mike Martz and play in Detroit.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/index.ssf?/mtlogs/mlive_lions/archives/2007_03.html#242073

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

It would be just our luck.. What a f'n waste this FA period is turning out to be.. Nobody say that it just started and that we can still sign people.. The positions on this team that we desperately needed to fill are being interviewed and signed by other teams.. This is a f'n joke.. Whoever is in charge of setting up interviews, and signing FA's needs to be fired on the spot.. This team as it is going will be lucky to win 1 game next season..

Our offense sucked to holy hell last season.. What do we do to correct that? We release

Jermaine Wiggins
    Brad Johnson
    Mike Rosenthal

and drop the ball on resigning Jason Whittle.. Who do we replace them with? A overpaid career backup TE that hasn't proven his worth.. Oh, and a basic no name on ST's.. Real good way to keep your fans happy... :

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    It would be just our luck.. What a f'n waste this FA period is turning out to be.. Nobody say that it just started and that we can still sign people.. The positions on this team that we desperately needed to fill are being interviewed and signed by other teams.. This is a f'n joke.. Whoever is in charge of setting up interviews, and signing FA's needs to be fired on the spot.. This team as it is going will be lucky to win 1 game next season..

Our offense sucked to holy hell last season.. What do we do to correct that? We release

Jermaine Wiggins
    Brad Johnson
    Mike Rosenthal

and drop the ball on resigning Jason Whittle.. Who do we replace them with? A overpaid career backup TE that hasn't proven his worth.. Oh, and a basic no name on ST's.. Real good way to keep your fans happy... :
    I couldn't have said it any better, this is a friggin joke. Is our new strategy to see how many FA's can sign with other teams so we save money or what because if you ask me its working damn well. >

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:

Jermaine Wiggins
    Brad Johnson
    Mike Rosenthal

I couldn't have said it any better, this is a friggin joke. Is our new strategy to see how many FA's can sign with other teams so we save money or what because if you ask me its working gol 'darnit well. >
    Good god.
    Chill the F out.
    Do you really think we didn't try to land Curtis?
    If he wants to go to Detroit to be with Martz, then you have to know that he will at least interview there.

The only thing worse than a optimistic homer is someone who bitches about everything.
    Nothing substantial, just bitching.

I am not trying to call anybody out, but if you posted 10 times today, and every post
    was a rant about the same damn thing...
    Damn!
    Don't get your panties in such a bunch.
    The offseason is long.
    The f'in joke is that some of you have already decided that the game won't win any games next season...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

OnlyVikes is offline Rookie

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Good god.
    Chill the F out.
    Do you really think we didn't try to land Curtis?
    If he wants to go to Detroit to be with Martz, then you have to know that he will at least interview there.

The only thing worse than a optimistic homer is someone who bitches about everything.
    Nothing substantial, just bitching.

I am not trying to call anybody out, but if you posted 10 times today, and every post
    was a rant about the same gol 'darnit thing...
    gol 'darnit!
    Don't get your panties in such a bunch.
    The offseason is long.
    The f'in joke is that some of you have already decided that the game won't win any games next season...
    [/quote]It isn't just Curtis though, its all of the decent veterans that are out there(or were out there) and so far we've signed a backup TE and a special-teamer(who also didn't look happy to sign with us in the first place). So, it begs the question of WHO exactly are we going to pick up to address our swiss cheese team...

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"OnlyVikes" wrote:
    So, it begs the question of WHO exactly are we going to pick up to address our swiss cheese team...
    First, sorry about my earlier rant.
    The irrational negativity is getting to me.

I don't know what the plans are for the offseason.
    But I am willing to bet that it isn't just to sit with our thumbs up our asses and watch every FA go by.

Maybe we are looking to trade up like Ned thinks.
    Maybe Childress is looking for gems like Chester (which I think he may have gotten in Shank).
    Maybe the FA isn't deep enough, or the players are asking for way too much.

And if we don't get every big player in the world through FA (like Washington
    :), there is always trades.
    And don't forget about the draft.

The season has not started yet, there is no reason to jump the proverbial ship.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "OnlyVikes" wrote:
    So, it begs the question of WHO exactly are we going to pick up to address our swiss cheese team...
    First, sorry about my earlier rant.
    The irrational negativity is getting to me.

I don't know what the plans are for the offseason.
    But I am willing to bet that it isn't just to sit with our thumbs up our dimply buttocks and watch every FA go by.

Maybe we are looking to trade up like Ned thinks.
    Maybe Childress is looking for gems like Chester (which I think he may have gotten in Shank).
    Maybe the FA isn't deep enough, or the players are asking for way too much.

And if we don't get every big player in the world through FA (like Washington
    :), there is always trades.
    And don't forget about the draft.

The season has not started yet, there is no reason to jump the proverbial ship.
    Again, well said.

I would just like to add that it isn't only B-chill making decisions but rather a whole staff.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast