Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    davike is offline Team Alumni

Lions to take CJ?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/features/blog

The Detroit Lions organization met Friday and concluded that, unless a blockbuster trade offer comes their way, they will draft Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Many will deduce that this decision is a matter of posturing, but the organization insisted it wasn't. Nor did it sound like it. Detroit has decided that if Oakland goes with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, as many expect, it has no choice but to draft the next best player on its board, Johnson.

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz was one of the key cogs in the decision, getting the rest of the organization excited about the way he would use Johnson. It should be enough to scare other teams in the NFC North.

But the Lions made it very clear Friday night that their past failures at wide receiver will not deter them from revisiting the position.

Not sure if anyone posted this or not. I looked but didn't see anything.....if so, lock it up

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

Re: Lions to take CJ?

"davike" wrote:

The Detroit Lions organization met Friday and concluded that, unless a blockbuster trade offer comes their way, they will draft Georgia Tech wide receiver Calvin Johnson.

Many will deduce that this decision is a matter of posturing, but the organization insisted it wasn't. Nor did it sound like it. Detroit has decided that if Oakland goes with LSU quarterback JaMarcus Russell, as many expect, it has no choice but to draft the next best player on its board, Johnson.

Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz was one of the key cogs in the decision, getting the rest of the organization excited about the way he would use Johnson. It should be enough to scare other teams in the NFC North.

But the Lions made it very clear Friday night that their past failures at wide receiver will not deter them from revisiting the position.

Not sure if anyone posted this or not. I looked but didn't see anything.....if so, lock it up
    yah i've been hearing this for the last 2 days. i hope they can work out a trade cuz if they keep him he is gonna friggin torture us.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

yah i've been hearing this for the last 2 days. i hope they can work out a trade cuz if they keep him he is gonna friggin torture us.
    Just like all their recent 1st round WR picks?

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "bigbadragz" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:

Just like all their recent 1st round WR picks?
    ha ha.
    yah but i have a strange feeling that calvin johnson is no mike williams

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Yeah, I here ya.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them make a move on CJ.
    I'm also not so sure it's not the right move for them.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    Yeah, I here ya.
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see them make a move on CJ.
    I'm also not so sure it's not the right move for them.
    i know, it's scary.
    calvin johnson, roy williams, and mike furrey.
    even with john kitna they are gonna move the ball.
    not to mention they've added tatem bell, g.foster, e.mutalio.
    i mean look at how they've revamped their offense in basically 2 offseasons.
    though it is quite surprising that they won't address qb again.
    i bet they try in the early 2nd.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

At 7:30 this morning, we left the hotel for an appearance on Good Morning America. The players were asked to throw a football through a tire on the set. The first person to successfully make the throw: ABC's Robin Roberts.
    Heck with all these guys, I'd draft Robin
    ;D

Russell won the "bling" award. He had a massive silver watch, a big silver ring, and silver trim on sides of his black sunglasses.
    Quinn wore none in most interviews I saw.

Adams' mom and dad recently adopted two-year-old twins -- Stanley and Jasmine -- and it was really heartwarming to watch Gaines interact with them in the hotel lobby.
    Nothing but class act with this family.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BadlandsVikings is online now Jersey Retired

Wide Reciever Millen took another one.

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

Damn felines! It's alright though...I have a feeling CJ will bust just because it's the Lions!
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Ddawg84 is offline Starter

F-in lions broke my heart... CJ has to go anywhere but our own damn division!!! Unless it was with us obviously

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast