Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lions Shopping 2nd Overall Pick

Lions shopping the second-overall pick, already in contact with several other teams, Full report upcoming on NFL Network and NFL.com.
    http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/9528474491

Wow. I hope, for their sake, that they're just trying to see what they can get in return for it.

I know that they have a lot of money tied up in 1st round picks, already, but they have a chance to get either McCoy or Suh here on that awful D-line. Both are difference makers. Both should propel your defense upwards and give you something to build around. Especially if they get a DE, as well.

Of course, they could fix some more holes they have if they trade back a bit, and I asume that the 2nd pick is in high demand with these DTs, so it might turn our great for the Lions in the long run....
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Lions Shopping 2nd Overall Pick

I have confidence that whatever they decide it will do nothing but help improve the team, not too difficult to do.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

KevinK is offline Starter

Just curious. Anyone think its possiable someone moves up to snag a QB? Or if they do move up will it be a O or D lineman??

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

KevinK wrote:
    Just curious. Anyone think its possiable someone moves up to snag a QB? Or if they do move up will it be a O or D lineman??
    I am of the mindset that no one wants to be in the top 10 anymore because of the gauranteed money and risk involved.

Additionally, I think there is just as much value at QB this year if one were to wait until the end of the first through the third rounds.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

They could probably do much better for themselves if they trade it. A #1 and two #2 overalls in the span of a few years won't be good for them. In a couple years when we get a cap back, they could be in rough shape, as I predict this season will be retarded for rookie signing bonuses.

Trade it, pick up a later 1st, maybe an additional first, or a couple seconds/thirds. If they draft well (I know, I know) they could get a few solid contributers and in a few season be a legitimate team.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

#2 overall pick = 2600 pts according to espn.

NFL draft-pick value chart
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

Blog Entries

VikingMike wrote:

I've gotta wonder if teams actually use that chart or not.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

I am sure he will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NP showed us a new version/variant a couple of years ago. To date I don't think anyone is using it based on the picks they've been giving up the last two years.

On a side note, I bet the teams at the top (i.e. the Lions) might just opt to move off of that standard a bit in an effort to get rid of the pick.

Rationale is two fold....1)They need more picks. 2) They are strapped for cash up there in motorville.

Maybe a team like the Vikes could throw in thier late first round (30th) and a 4th (or a player) and get them to come off of it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

I am sure he will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think NP showed us a new version/variant a couple of years ago. To date I don't think anyone is using it based on the picks they've been giving up the last two years.

On a side note, I bet the teams at the top (i.e. the Lions) might just opt to move off of that standard a bit in an effort to get rid of the pick.

Rationale is two fold....1)They need more picks. 2) They are strapped for cash up there in motorville.

Maybe a team like the Vikes could throw in thier late first round (30th) and a 4th (or a player) and get them to come off of it.
    4th might be a reach, but I bet a 1st and second could get it. Although, the fact that we're in the same division, it might give other teams preference over us.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    VikingMike wrote:

4th might be a reach, but I bet a 1st and second could get it. Although, the fact that we're in the same division, it might give other teams preference over us.
    Good point on the "Intra Division" idea but I think the Lions are in desparate times which might make them do somethign desparate.......

I could easily see a package of our 30th, our 129th and Big Mac for thier first.

Fixes thier LT problem, or atleast makes it a bit better. Gives them two extra players in the draft, or atleast they can use the 4th (mix it with a 3rd) to target a guy they like in the 2nd and gets them out of the heavy burden of paying another top 10 draft pick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast