Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Lions players say Daunte Culpepper's in 'great shape'

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Saturday Notes: Culpepper Looks Good in First Practice[/size]

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2009/4...ulpepper-looks
    He weighs less than he did as a rookie and his passes were described as having zip on them.
    Even the Lions have a QB now. I hate what Pep did butI still have love for the guy. He will be better this year. Seems focused and ready to return to Pro Bowl form. You guys better pray Sage is the answer or we could be at the bottom of the division!
    I'll believe it when I see it, I'm not going to worry about that until they show they can be a legitimate team.
    They were good enough to almost beat us 2 times~

"El" wrote:
    kevoncox doesn´t know what he says.Culpp is too old way to slow to play at any NFL level,that´s why most likely the Lions will draft a Qb Stafford with their first pick.

Don't tell that to the Garcia lovers.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"kevoncox" wrote:

Sometimes some of you guys make me wish that we would lose to the lions just so I can see you all cry.
    You guys act like Pepp wasn't a gol 'darnit good QB for us.
    HE is dangerous and he will hav ea year under his belt to learn their offense. I don't think we should be taking the combination of Pepp and Johnson lightly. Kevin Smith has also show flashes of potential.
    Nobody said that, some of us just either A. Think he's been washed up ever since his injury, or B. dislike him because he had his little fit and finagled his way out of Minnesota.
    For me, I just don't think he's good anymore.
    Can he break out another good one?
    Sure he can, and he certainly has a better chance with Calvin Johnson as his guy.
    Nobody is taking it lightly, we all know it's a possibility, we're just not jumping to conclusions like you do.

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Sometimes some of you guys make me wish that we would lose to the lions just so I can see you all cry.
    HE is dangerous and he will hav ea year under his belt to learn their offense. I don't think we should be taking the combination of Pepp and Johnson lightly. Kevin Smith has also show flashes of potential.
    Nobody said that, some of us just either A. Think he's been washed up ever since his injury, or B. dislike him because he had his little fit and finagled his way out of Minnesota.
    Sure he can, and he certainly has a better chance with Calvin Johnson as his guy.

Nobody is taking it lightly, we all know it's a possibility, we're just not jumping to conclusions like you do.
    Have you read this thread. How can you even say that? Rereaad the thread then tell me who is assuming.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He weighs less than he did as a rookie and his passes were described as having zip on them.
    Even the Lions have a QB now. I hate what Pep did butI still have love for the guy. He will be better this year. Seems focused and ready to return to Pro Bowl form. You guys better pray Sage is the answer or we could be at the bottom of the division!
    I'll believe it when I see it, I'm not going to worry about that until they show they can be a legitimate team.
    Division games aren't always decided by record, they're almost always closer games.
    The Lions came close to the Packers, too, and a lot of other teams.
    While I don't think the Lions as bad as they're 0-16 record shows, I don't put them above the Vikings.
    While the Dolphins are an exception, a team doesn't go from a record like that to a playoff contender after one offseason, imo.
    In future years I think they'll be good, they're starting to get some weapons, but they still have work to do.
    They'll be good in a few years, just not this year, imo.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    You guys act like Pepp wasn't a damn good QB for us. HE is dangerous and he will hav ea year under his belt to learn their offense. I don't think we should be taking the combination of Pepp and Johnson lightly. Kevin Smith has also show flashes of potential.

I, for one, am not afraid of Pep...he will always find a way to fumble away the ball when he gets near the goal line. He's inconsistent and one dimensional, and can no longer get his roll on. And he's got short arms...and thinks he's better than he actually is.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "El" wrote:
    kevoncox doesn´t know what he says.Culpp is too old way to slow to play at any NFL level,that´s why most likely the Lions will draft a Qb Stafford with their first pick.

Don't tell that to the Garcia lovers.
    Garcias has been playing regularly in this last seasons ,averaging very good numbers ,is not fat,is not a fumble machine,can scramble etc etc....

Yes I like Garcia

El underdog.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:

Have you read this thread. How can you even say that? Rereaad the thread then tell me who is assuming.
    Truth be told, no, I haven't had a lot of time to read through it all, only some, maybe I shouldn't have used "we", I was speaking for myself there.
    However, nobody should fail to acknowledge that Culpepper was a good QB for us.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Almost only counts with horseshoes, and nukes.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    You guys act like Pepp wasn't a damn good QB for us. HE is dangerous and he will hav ea year under his belt to learn their offense. I don't think we should be taking the combination of Pepp and Johnson lightly. Kevin Smith has also show flashes of potential.
    As a Vikings fan, wouldn't you be crying too if the Vikes lost to Detroit?

I was a BIG Culpepper supporter... while he was here.
    Unfortunately he developed a over-inflated ego during his recovery and gave the Vikings and their fans a big F-U as he stormed out.
    Daunte will most likely make some great plays in Detroit and probably even win a game but he is in no way a leader nor will he be able to carry the team on his back during the rough times.
    In short... the Lions as a team are not a threat therefore Culpepper is not a threat.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast